Traded Chris Yarran [to Richmond for Pick 19]

Remove this Banner Ad

Yarran has kicked 90 goals from Half back in 120 games and only 24 years old.

Except he was playing forward when he kicked those goals, not at half back.

Third rounder -- tell them they're dreaming.

One of the best attacking halfbacks in the game dont go for third round with eight years + of football in front of him

Yazz barely gets injured he will play over 250 games.

I don't want Chris Yarran at all, for any pick. Out of curiosity, what do you think the market value is of a guy that can't keep his spot in the 17th ranked team?

Also lol at "one of the best attacking half backs in the league". He's not even as good as Kamdyn McIntosh.

The debate now is, is a 2nd rounder for him too much to pay?

Hes contracted and hasn't requested a trade. Why would we give him up for 2nd rounder to a club that wants him so badly?

After seeing his performance yesterday, Carlton should be offering Richmond a second rounder for taking on his contract for his last year!

But your coach said he will improve your list so why should we give him up for 2nd rounder?

Except he was playing forward when he kicked those goals, not at half back.

I don't want Chris Yarran at all, for any pick. Out of curiosity, what do you think the market value is of a guy that can't keep his spot in the 17th ranked team?

Also lol at "one of the best attacking half backs in the league". He's not even as good as Kamdyn McIntosh.
He absolutely is one of the best and most talented attacking half backs in the league. Worth a late first rounder and would love it if the pies went after him.

Hes contracted and hasn't requested a trade. Why would we give him up for 2nd rounder to a club that wants him so badly?
Why do Carlton supporters think that just because we want him we will pay overs for him?
He is worth a 2nd round pick at best.
Any fan that thinks he is worth more than that is more crazy than Mick Malthouse.

Sure dummy.

GWS will let Treloar go to Richmond for late first round pick. Where 14 clubs will have better picks.
You do of course realise that he can't be traded to a club he doesn't agree to be traded to?

because he clearly out the door at the blues, and no club can afford to have a 400k player in the reserves, disinterested, and unmotivated.

The worst case scenario for Yarran and Carlton is him staying at Carlton

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Obviously if he wants to come to Richmond he will request a trade. Otherwise its irrelevant what we offer if he doesn't want to play for us.

You do of course realise that he can't be traded to a club he doesn't agree to be traded to?

yes I do realise it, but do you realise GWS will want more maybe more picks into 2016?

In: Treloar

Out: Salary Cap Space and draft picks for two years

Banking on flags from Treloar? because if this one slips your young stars will be entering 28-30yo

Good Luck.

yes I do realise it, but do you realise GWS will want more maybe more picks into 2016?

Banking on flags from Treloar? because if this one slips your young stars will be entering 28-30yo

Good Luck.

Of the 22 who played on Saturday night 5 will be in that bracket in two years. Deledio, Grigg, Thomas, Chaplin and Maric. Plus Cotchin didn't play either.

We selected 5 picks last years draft, 3 whom have debuted these year and look promising. Plus a 21 year old forward who finished equal first in the VFL goal kicking.

28-30 is seen as the peak period in modern footy.

Then look at the Hawks and how many plus 30 year olds on their last 2 premiership teams.

We're fine.

Good Luck.

Oh we are old now?

You have nfi?

no club can afford to have a 400k player in the reserves, disinterested, and unmotivated.

We literally have nobody to pay. If we don't get a decent deal I'd be happy for him to stay with us even if he doesn't play a single VFL/AFL game.

He's made it clear he doesn't care about the club, I'd have no problem giving him the year off. I wonder what he'd get up to with a full year of idle time and 400k in his pocket...

I'd rather get nothing than see the club bent over for a second rounder.

Oh we are old now?

You have nfi?

You're not young today and definitely wont be young in two years.

Plenty of players between 27-30yo in 2017.. once they hit 29 most say he is almost over it.

Gotta make it count Tuggers... window wont be open forever

You're not young today and definitely wont be young in two years.

Plenty of players between 27-30yo in 2017.. once they hit 29 most say he is almost over it.

Gotta make it count Tuggers... window wont be open forever
Agree 100%. It's why we should use our 2nd rounder this year on a motivated kid rather than a disinterested Yarran. Have to keep bringing young talent through and make every spot on the list count.

yarran doesn't want to be at carlton wants to come to Richmond deal will get done only way carlton get our first is if we get there second. why overpay for him we can get him next year as a fa

Not giving up our second + yarran for late first round pick... yarran has interest everywhere its only Richmond that has expressed it.

I am not sure anyone has stated interest for yarran. Richmond seem to be the club.
Right now I would prefer Shane!

Last edited:
We literally have nobody to pay. If we don't get a decent deal I'd be happy for him to stay with us even if he doesn't play a single VFL/AFL game.

He's made it clear he doesn't care about the club, I'd have no problem giving him the year off. I wonder what he'd get up to with a full year of idle time and 400k in his pocket...

I'd rather get nothing than see the club bent over for a second rounder.

Do you know how dumb you sound ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back