Toast AFC

Remove this Banner Ad

What a delicious victory today the penetration was outstanding.
akBzzqa.gif

Now the question is how far can they go?
If we play like we have been the past 3 weeks, we'll go very deep

Make the granny, anything can happen

I have said on a few occasions on BF that we should be looking to 2016 / 2017 with our selections and our decisions - sure playing finals is important for experience but there is no way we can ever win the 2015 premiership ... today is the first time I have thought, well maybe "no way" is a little strong :)

I havent seen the club give its detractors an on field whack like that in a long long time. Its the best feeling in a long time.

It feels so bloody good to be a Crows supporter right now. After a year with some of the biggest heartache imaginable, to make finals in the way we have, just so proud.

I love this club. #weflyasone

The club has had is fair share of whacks in recent years and rightfully so has had is fair share of criticism

However I don't think we should under sell this years achievement

What happened to this club this year was just shocking and unprecedented but to rise from that dark period to be playing the type of footy we are playing now is simply amazing and we should be very proud of our club

Simply amazing
Absolutley. The effort the whole club has put in after one of the worst circumstances imaginable.
I havent expected it, havent demanded it, but Im happy it has happened.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's an amazing effort - but we can keep pushing, and go further.

A lot of people will be telling us how even making the finals is incredible, after the year we've had - and they're right, but we can't get sucked into that mindset.
Walshy wouldn't have been one of them. He would tell the team we've won nothing. Elite standards. Love Phil.

As if I didn't already love this bloke... Basically put himself top of the tree as far as legends of this club go.

He was already top of the tree as far as I'm concerned. Now it's like another tree has grown out of the top of the tree and he's climbed to the top of that one, too :p

Words cannot express my love for this club. God knows we have been through the ringer over the years but this year made all those other events seem so insignificant. To go through what we did this year and yet find a way out of no way and come back to play Finals just shows what this club is truly about.

This year we have proven that it doesn't matter where you come from, or what you have, or who you got or what your history is....it's about heart.
And there is one man up there who sparked that much needed fire and made this club what it is today. Everything we do and accomplish is for you, Phil.

I am so proud of the boys and when yesterday's 1st quarter came to an end and everyone gave a standing ovation, I truly felt the love from each and every fan which is something I have never felt at any sport game. Our loyal, dedicated and passionate fans that show immense support on game day and during the week and not to mention...CONSISTENTLY show up to the games in 50,000+ every week puts in my mind without a shadow of a doubt, that this is SA's greatest team.

Then. Now. Forever AFC!
#weflyasone

The club has had is fair share of whacks in recent years and rightfully so has had is fair share of criticism

However I don't think we should under sell this years achievement

What happened to this club this year was just shocking and unprecedented but to rise from that dark period to be playing the type of footy we are playing now is simply amazing and we should be very proud of our club

Simply amazing

I don't know if the marketing and match-day entertainment have been given different instructions this year, whether they're reporting to somebody different (Fagan?) but it sure as hell looks like it.

The match-day experience this year has been great, and one of the reasons it's been great is because it's not overdone. Somebody at the top actually understands the match-day experience.

No idiot screaming at us into a microphone. No singer butchering the club song with a bunch of w***ers walking around the ground with a big gay 19th man flag.

They've respected the tried and true rituals (playing the club song when the team runs out, not some other bullshit song - who knew!!!), a bit of fancy stuff around the edges but nothing too over the top. Just let the natural momentum of the game and the crowd do its own thing.

Last edited:

Our record is 10 straight (R13 2005 to R22 2005)

Then 8 games - R9 2006 to R16 2006
Then 7 games - R9 2009 to R15 2009

A run of 5 in 2012 is the most recent next lot.

Current streak: 4 is our equal 9th best streak

Remove this Banner Ad

Back