Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Did we all make premature calls on Sydney? I'll out my hand up. Finding form at the right time, albeit against much lesser opponents.

People have made premature calls on Sydney and Hawthorn for mine. Wouldn't surprise me if both of them went over to WA and knocked off the Eagles and Dockers in a qualifying final, then waited for the s**t teams to bash each other to a pulp, have to fly to WA for the semis, then come to face two refreshed sides in the prelim.

People have made premature calls on Sydney and Hawthorn for mine. Wouldn't surprise me if both of them went over to WA and knocked off the Eagles and Dockers in a qualifying final, then waited for the s**t teams to bash each other to a pulp, have to fly to WA for the semis, then come to face two refreshed sides in the prelim.

Possibly, but I never wrote Hawthorn off, still rate them no. 1. Sydney... yeah I though they were a spent force for 2015.

Elim final 2014, Hawks round 4... :cry:

Coaches: We worked hard today and got the reward we deserved.

Me: No you idiot, we kicked 15.3 instead of 10.8 or something, there's no shame in saying we kicked for goal well and thats why we won. Matter of fact, it is a fundamental of the game and should never be taken for granted.

Never wrote off Hawthorn or Sydney. I still think Hawks will get the 3-peat.

Freo on the other hand, I'm just not sold they have it in them. They've been mighty shakey in the back half of the season. They might get it together come finals, will have to wait and see I suppose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why did anyone want to coach Port?

Gtfo

Serious ?

Well for starters we are a proud club , with a great history , that never pumped our players full of crap then told everyone that we lost the records and can't say what we used. Then kept in the coach who was a big part of that for a couple of years because we didn't have the balls to get rid of him when we should have..

We had like two bad seasons while being screwed in the backside by all and sundry ... Don't ever compare us to any of these crap teams like that again. I absolutely hate when non port people buy the s**t they have been spoon fed by anti port numpties who rather spout crap they hear from other numpties then check th facts , I'll be damned if I'm gonna let a port supporter spout that crap...

I hope they give Campo the job next season and Woosha leaves for Essendon.

It could have Matty Primus written all over again.

I disagree. Campo will be a much better coach than Primus. Worlds apart.

Gtfo

Serious ?

Well for starters we are a proud club , with a great history , that never pumped our players full of crap then told everyone that we lost the records and can't say what we used. Then kept in the coach who was a big part of that for a couple of years because we didn't have the balls to get rid of him when we should have..

We had like two bad seasons while being screwed in the backside by all and sundry ... Don't ever compare us to any of these crap teams like that again. I absolutely hate when non port people buy the s**t they have been spoon fed by anti port numpties who rather spout crap they hear from other numpties then check th facts , I'll be damned if I'm gonna let a port supporter spout that crap...

Yeh, I'm serious. Why, are you joking?
Essendon have their problems, just like we did. Their problems might be of a different nature, but our problems didn't see us in any better position then the yare in now. In fact we were in a much worse position.

We were practically at rock bottom, were an absolute laughing stock not just in this state but nationally, we had large sections of a stadiums seats covered in tarps because we couldn't attract enough people to home games, we couldn't attract enough sponsorship dollars, we were an absolute basketcase on and off the field. Commenators were openly talking about Port having to rebrand it self completely, or folding, or relocating interstate.

Essendon aren't a franchise, they are a traditional club as well and also have plenty of pride.
They are also one of the big Vic clubs.

Through this tough and challenging time for the Essendon footy club, their membership has actually increased.
When the going got tough at our club, many members jumped ship. Not many stuck of our fellow supporters stuck by the club.
Some of us did though, and we often stayed till the bitter dissapointing end of game after game at AAMI in the rain, drenched, cold, miserable.

Essendon have 61,000 members and their issues are still on going. What was our membership when we had our issues on and off the field?

So yeh, I'm serious. Why wouldn't someone want to coach one of the biggest clubs in Melbourne?
The ASADA/WADA stuff wont last forever.
Hird is gone. Little is on the way out.
There's talk they will have an intense list restructuring.
A new coach will have the potential to reshape that playing list on his terms, and turn that clubs fortunes around on the field.
Like what Hinkley has done for us.

Some of you are so quick to pass judgement on other clubs and s**t on them, forgetting where our club was not that long ago.
Essendons supporters deserve respect, regardless of their blind faith in Hird, they didn't jump off the bandwagon, they stayed on and kept supporting their club, their membership numbers growing throughout the crisis. Unlike most of our 60,000 members who were nowhere to be seen a few short years ago.

Lol port supposedly being a basketcase at our absolute worst we never even won a wooden spoon , still had attendnces better then the bottom half of the Victorian sides if you subtract their derbies , had the shittest stadium deal in the country , for a stadium in the sticks , while being bled dry by the sanfl and being fed crap by the media.

Why would anyone want to coach port you say comparing us to a team who has just shat on the national competition by experimenting with illegal drugs then thumbing its nose at the afl pretending it hasn't done sfa wrong...

Sure , I get that Essendon will be lucky enough to move on from this at some stage. But I'm not going to buy into this negativity about port. It's not the same thing at all..

How insecure do you have to be to be on here hypothesising over how the Crows are going to win the flag from seventh, or how Campo/other is definitely going to be worse than Primus, or stressing that a large number of people went to a football game.

Good game at Alberton today btw. Dougie Howard showing some good hands in defense. Academy boys had a strong win.

This thread gets pretty embarrassing during Crows games
It's pretty pathetic, the amount of excuses people will come up with. If they're no good then they won't get anywhere in the finals. Let it be, you don't have to justify another team's good form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back