2016 US Presidential Election - Trump vs Clinton? - Part 1

Who will win the election??

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
One final point: 'Islamofascism' is a contradiction in terms. Islam is a religion, not a nationality or ethnicity. Therefore it's not 'fascist' -- not in any way that makes sense, anyway.

The Islamists are the fascist wing of Islam. ALQ and the Taliban were the first obvious manifestation. That's why the correct term is Islamofascist wioch I think was coined by Christopher Hitchens - although he would have incuded the Iranian fascists from the '80s of course.

Colin Powell had a private email server when Sec of Defense and Jeb Bush had one when he was Gov of Florida. HRC having one was a mistake, she's conceded as much, but it's not the mega-scandal that some are making it out to be. Unless there are more revelations in the pipeline, it ain't gonna do any lasting damage to her campaign.

Benghazi has been investigated by the following:
  • FBI
  • Senate Select Committee on Intelligence
  • FIVE separate House Committees
  • State Dept Accountability Review Board
  • Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Govt Affairs
  • House Select Committee
After that many investigations by that many different public bodies -- and the Senate and House committees would have had Republican majorities -- do you think Clinton would still be standing if there was any truth to the stupid ******* conspiracy theories? Of course not. It's partisan nonsense. Always has been.

Clinton Foundation -- Yes, yes, you're right. It's actually SPECTRE in disguise.

Yep nothing wrong with HC using a private server for her emails. From www.dailynewsbin.com

State Department confirms Hillary Clinton email violated no laws or policies

By Bill Palmer | August 24, 2015 |

The State Department publicly confirmed today that Hillary Clinton’s use of personal email while serving as Secretary of State violated no laws or policies that were in place at the time, bringing an end to the substantive side of the “email scandal” if certainly not the political side. Clinton’s opponents in the 2016 election and their followers have been hoping the issue would force her out of the election, but now they’ll be reduced to simply trying to create a scandal where none exists, after the department’s official words today.

State Department official spokesperson John Kirby appeared live on CNN today and flat out stated that “she was not violating policy.” Like many other high ranking officials who came before and during her tenure, Hillary Clinton opted to bypass the wonky email servers provided by the department due to the fact that they couldn’t, for instance, properly work with mobile email apps on smartphones. Previous Secretaries of State Colin Powell and Condoleezza Rice have acknowledged having done the same. The news comes as a disappointment to those in politics who viewed the controversy as their best shot at catching up to Clinton, who has a massive lead in national polls both within her own party and across party lines.

FB_IMG_1433510300433.jpg

Where' s KissStephanie as we approach the cusp of Hilary's finest hour?

It's all a bit glum making for moi. When Hillary was out here in as Sec of State in Julia's time whenever I watched her she was intelligent, funny, relaxed, warm blah blah.

But everything have seen since she declared has been the total opposite. Even her long hair look at her age was appalling, except they've done something about it now.

The Benghazi "3 am phone call" thing was very bad for her, no doubt about that. But not insurmountable.
And of course she's got Bill's soooo clever plant, GOP killer trump card, working for her:D:D:D
But right now not good look, Hill.
Marco very cute. Beware.

It's all a bit glum making for moi. When Hillary was out here in as Sec of State in Julia's time whenever I watched her she was intelligent, funny, relaxed, warm blah blah.

But everything have seen since she declared has been the total opposite. Even her long hair look at her age was appalling, except they've done something about it now.

The Benghazi "3 am phone call" thing was very bad for her, no doubt about that. But not insurmountable.
And of course she's got Bill's soooo clever plant, GOP killer trump card, working for her:D:D:D
But right now not good look, Hill.
Marco very cute. Beware.

Yep, if Brad Pitt or Jessica Alba ran, they'd all be ****ed.

Benghazi has been investigated by the following:
  • FBI
  • Senate Select Committee on Intelligence
  • FIVE separate House Committees
  • State Dept Accountability Review Board
  • Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Govt Affairs
  • House Select Committee
After that many investigations by that many different public bodies -- and the Senate and House committees would have had Republican majorities -- do you think Clinton would still be standing if there was any truth to the stupid ******* conspiracy theories? Of course not. It's partisan nonsense. Always has been.

GOP Benghazi panel: no error on the part of Obama appointees.

A Des Moines Register/Bloomberg Politics poll just out for the crucial State of Ohio shows support for Clinton has dropped 20 points whilst Bernie Sanders continues close the gap to just 7 points which is yet another disturbing trend for the her campaign And the similarities between this election and 2008 cannot be so easily dismissed as Obama/Clinton had almost identical national poll numbers and for the State of Ohio in 2008 as she does now for Bernie

35546125001_4455580880001_4455537181001-vs.jpg

poll_graphic_dems_72806b458feca28b234546bbe59c04af.nbcnews-ux-2880-1000.jpg

For Trumpniks:

Trump head-to-head with other GOP contenders.

Head to head, Trump is beating the main GOP contenders except Carson. This is interesting because some pundits have been arguing that Trump would hit a ceiling of, say, 25% of the GOP base. Implicit in this is the notion that he's such a polarising figure that when the current GOP nomination field contracts down to two or three contenders the 75% of voters who at this point prefer another candidate WON'T coalesce around Trump, but around one of the other candidates (Bush, Rubio, Walker, Kasich).

Current polling contradicts that argument -- though, FWIW, I reckon the argument will ultimately prove to be correct.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For Trumpniks:

Trump head-to-head with other GOP contenders.

Head to head, Trump is beating the main GOP contenders except Carson. This is interesting because some pundits have been arguing that Trump would hit a ceiling of, say, 25% of the GOP base. Implicit in this is the notion that he's such a polarising figure that when the current GOP nomination field contracts down to two or three contenders the 75% of voters who at this point prefer another candidate WON'T coalesce around Trump, but around one of the other candidates (Bush, Rubio, Walker, Kasich).

Current polling contradicts that argument -- though, FWIW, I reckon the argument will ultimately prove to be correct.

Agree - as much as I'd enjoy the shits and giggles of Trump getting the Republican nomination, I don't see him lasting. Interesting Pew poll last week showing that because of Trump, Bush's support amongst Hispanics has actually gone up (bad news for Rubio), "anchor baby" comment aside.

Also, liked John Oliver's comment to a question at his Sydney show last night when asked about Trump running "See, Australia that's where you could learn something. In the US we allow clowns to run for office, we just don't elect them."

Agree - as much as I'd enjoy the shits and giggles of Trump getting the Republican nomination, I don't see him lasting. Interesting Pew poll last week showing that because of Trump, Bush's support amongst Hispanics has actually gone up (bad news for Rubio), "anchor baby" comment aside.

Also, liked John Oliver's comment to a question at his Sydney show last night when asked about Trump running "See, Australia that's where you could learn something. In the US we allow clowns to run for office, we just don't elect them."

That is interesting. My money is still on Rubio, but Bush is his biggest obstacle. I see them vying for the same part of the GOP primary electorate. Rubio can make the same 'electability' arguments to the GOP voters that Bush can, but without the 'Bush' name hanging around his neck like a millstone come the general election.

Rubio lacks 'heft', though. But in an underwhelming field that may not disqualify him.

Also, he has hard right views on a lot of things (abortion, foreign policy, health care) that will be a hard sell to a general-election audience. Then again, I think all the GOP candidates are in that boat to one degree or another.

I struggle to remember another presidential election cycle where one side has seemed to be in such a state of flux. It's entertaining, though the thought of these buffoons in the Oval Office is unsettling.

More bad news for Hillary in New Hampshire whilst Sanders is surging ahead The political establishment can keep ignoring him at their peril

SandersPoll-660x330.jpg

:thumbsu:

Encouraging, however its still difficult to seem him winning much outside of New England.

Although even winning New England seemed impossible a few months ago.

:thumbsu:

Encouraging, however its still difficult to seem him winning much outside of New England.

Although even winning New England seemed impossible a few months ago.
Agree. He does well among white liberals, who are thick on the ground in the Northeast. But you can't win the Democratic nomination with them, not when you're getting blitzed by Hillary among African Americans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back