The "What Are You Listening To?" Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Been on a Kanye binge this week.

Not my top 5, just the most recent ones in history. 'Gorgeous' and and 'Power' are probably my favourite tracks by him - Gorgeous particularly has stuck out to me. Love the beat and the lyrics are fantastic. Never understood the hatred directed at Yeezus and 'Black Skinhead'. The arrogant undertones are brilliant, and if they irritate people, it just makes them funny.

Been on a Kanye binge this week.

Not my top 5, just the most recent ones in history. 'Gorgeous' and and 'Power' are probably my favourite tracks by him - Gorgeous particularly has stuck out to me. Love the beat and the lyrics are fantastic. Never understood the hatred directed at Yeezus and 'Black Skinhead'. The arrogant undertones are brilliant, and if they irritate people, it just makes them funny.

200.gif

Why? He's a good artist. Much of the hatred directed at him comes from people that haven't actually listened to his music (admittedly me a year ago or so), but it's really good stuff. My Dark Twisted Fantasy is a fantastic album - in my top 5 Hip Hop albums of all time.

Why? He's a good artist. Much of the hatred directed at him comes from people that haven't actually listened to his music (admittedly me a year ago or so), but it's really good stuff. My Dark Twisted Fantasy is a fantastic album - in my top 5 Hip Hop albums of all time.
That there is the problem. :p

That there is the problem. :p

Can't a man not be one-dimensional with his music taste? :(

If it makes you feel better, I listen to way, way more rock than I do Hip Hop... it's not even comparable.

Can't a man not be one-dimensional with his music taste? :(

If it makes you feel better, I listen to way, way more rock than I do Hip Hop... it's not even comparable.
Haha, all good. I've often said that there is no bad musical taste, just different musical taste. Hip hop, rap, hard core country and western and opera don't appeal to me at all but power to those that like them.
I feel sorry for all those poor souls who aren't into music at all.

I thought this was pretty good. For a cover :p

I listen to a very broad range of music. I'm not just into the "wicked s**t".

I'm not a fan of Kanye myself SSwans2011 but good on you having the guts to admit your tastes here. No judgement in this thread.

I do really like this though. Keri :hearts:

Some of the music posted on the last couple of pages has me surprised. I wouldn't have put those songs with some posters.

I hardly throw out what I listen to but FKA Twigs (amazing performer live, I was mind blown) & Melanie Martinez' new album for me lately. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

P.S Kanye is God.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow Hate you're into that trippy alternative stuff.

Have had a listen to some of the stuff mentioned and feels a bit slow and disjointed for me. Was willing to give it a crack though. Some of the Melanie Martinez songs I liked but couldn't get into the FKA Twigs.

Wow Hate you're into that trippy alternative stuff.

Have had a listen to some of the stuff mentioned and feels a bit slow and disjointed for me. Was willing to give it a crack though. Some of the Melanie Martinez songs I liked but couldn't get into the FKA Twigs.
I'm into a whole lot of music really. Anything that isn't heavy metal and or screamo I'll listen to. :p I enjoy a bit of old school Lil Wayne all the way to say Taylor Swift. Just depends on my mood really.

BANKS is another who is usually on my Spotify. Like all music; they're not for everyone. To me I feel those 3 are very unique and different from what I've heard before. Melanie is a great story teller - her whole album intertwines. I'm glad you gave them a listen though. :thumbsu:

I thought this was pretty good. For a cover :p

I listen to a very broad range of music. I'm not just into the "wicked s**t".

I'm not a fan of Kanye myself SSwans2011 but good on you having the guts to admit your tastes here. No judgement in this thread.

I do really like this though. Keri :hearts:

Yeah, I have mates that are Hip Hop heads that are surprised by the fact that I enjoy Kanye (they obviously love him themselves, just thought I'd loathe him). :p

Similar to myself and Kendrick Lamar with that Keri Hilson track. I'll actively admit that I don't enjoy his music for the most part (I just don't enjoy his voice as a whole), but I really, really enjoy this track.

Thread needs more Doors.

Yes. Listened to 'Love Her Madly' today and 'Light My Fire' yesterday actually, so I approve of this movement.

Yes. Listened to 'Love Her Madly' today and 'Light My Fire' yesterday actually, so I approve of this movement.

Your taste in music has me very confused with how old you actually are :p

Your taste in music has me very confused with how old you actually are :p

Don't worry - it confuses most people. :p I go further back then The Doors too. Been loving some Dion lately. Already posted 'Runaround Sue', but here's two classics.

But there's also these ripping tracks from last year.

May as well throw some Death Grips in there too, because I feel like listening to this...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back