List Mgmt. 2015 Trade, Draft, Rookie Draft and FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be great if Melbourne can get a win next week over GWS. I think pick 5 will be a lot safer for us. Will mean that we will get one of Parish, Matho or Francis.
So much this. We badly need Parish and while it's highly unlikely he makes it through to 5, it's a lot more likely than him making it through to 6!

What has happened to Josh Bruce in the second half of the year? Obviously we won't trade him out, but the bloke can't even take a chest mark - in games like today, surely swing him down back to give us something!
I think it's extremely safe to say that if he isn't carrying an injury, he's hit the wall. This is his first season of playing the whole year in the AFL and as such his body (and perhaps mind) are not used to playing at the top level for that long, so I think he is in pretty strong need of a break and that with another full preseason (if he has it) he will be a much better chance of playing the year out strongly next year.

sydney arent even much chop right now, we are a looonnnggg way off
Didn't they beat 9th placed GWS by about 90 points last week, at GWS's home ground, without Buddy for any of it? They're a professional, top 4 team, hitting their straps leading into the finals and a big chunk of our team put the que in the rack about half way through today's game.

Jake Barrett is Mark Whiley v2.0

If he is good enough, he'd be getting a game. But he isn't. Happy to be proven wrong but I'm not sold on him at all

But athletically is a long way ahead of Whiley which was evident in his draft combine where he finished second in the beep test reaching level 15.6 as well as a top 10 result in the 20-metre sprint but what hurts him is his lack of footy knowledge as he came to afl late and was still playing league when he was 16.

Last edited:

So much this. We badly need Parish and while it's highly unlikely he makes it through to 5, it's a lot more likely than him making it through to 6!

I think it's extremely safe to say that if he isn't carrying an injury, he's hit the wall. This is his first season of playing the whole year in the AFL and as such his body (and perhaps mind) are not used to playing at the top level for that long, so I think he is in pretty strong need of a break and that with another full preseason (if he has it) he will be a much better chance of playing the year out strongly next year.

Didn't they beat 9th placed GWS by about 90 points last week, at GWS's home ground, without Buddy for any of it? They're a professional, top 4 team, hitting their straps leading into the finals and a big chunk of our team put the que in the rack about half way through today's game.

Have to accept the fact that the saints were shocking yesterday something like 10 goals 3 behind in the 1st
half were turnover scores have to accept it.The 1st 8 times inside 50 not once did they hit a target.
Move forward the games over ,just glad it was it was not Hawthorn because it would have been 150 points.
Just be happy to see they get through next week and on to the most exciting part of the year ...the draft

You look at the best mids from last year, De Goey, Brayshaw and Heeney and see what we need to add to improve. Whoever we get at 6 I bloody hope they are as good as those guys.

Not sure of the fine details but I guess there's a possibility of that.

Port won't give him up for peanuts, that pick 6 you have swapped with our 10 and your second?

A top 6 pick will not be included in a deal involving a player of the calibre of O'Shea. Top 6 picks are used to bring in ELITE talent from the draft or via a trade. We are not Carlton.

O'Shea is an average AFL level player. He's a fringe player in a team not competing for finals that you take a punt on with a 3/4 round draft pick. If the club doesn't release him under those circumstances you move on and don't haggle and overpay.

A top 6 pick will not be included in a deal involving a player of the calibre of O'Shea. Top 6 picks are used to bring in ELITE talent from the draft or via a trade. We are not Carlton.

O'Shea is an average AFL level player. He's a fringe player in a team not competing for finals that you take a punt on with a 3/4 round draft pick. If the club doesn't release him under those circumstances you move on and don't haggle and overpay.

Jelly Bennelly or nothing as far as pick 6 goes.

Is there any possibility that if we asked, we could get a pp, I know we have won more games than last year but after yesterday's game I think we could do with a helping hand.

I believe we are on the right track, and that the younger players are tired after a long season, but it would annoy the hell out of me if a team like the Brisbane Lions are given an extra pick.

Is there any possibility that if we asked, we could get a pp, I know we have won more games than last year but after yesterday's game I think we could do with a helping hand.

I believe we are on the right track, and that the younger players are tired after a long season, but it would annoy the hell out of me if a team like the Brisbane Lions are given an extra pick.
No chance

Not sure of the fine details but I guess there's a possibility of that.

Port won't give him up for peanuts, that pick 6 you have swapped with our 10 and your second?
We'll want to keep 2 picks under 30 in this draft unless there is an absolute gun available.

Our 3rd (#44ish) with swaps of 1st and 2nd rounders. Would work out at around 817 points or #23 equivalent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

a couple of thoughts:

1). If Matho is best available at Pick 6 can we really have Armo, Ross, Dunstan and Matho all in the team going forward?

2). To get Parish, we'd need to upgrade to Pick 4 with Essendon.

something like 6 & one of White/Wright/Saunders/Siposs/Curren -> Pick 4 - would it be worth doing for the 2 pick upgrade and virtually securing Parish?

a couple of thoughts:

1). If Matho is best available at Pick 6 can we really have Armo, Ross, Dunstan and Matho all in the team going forward?

something like 6 & one of White/Wright/Saunders/Siposs/Curren -> Pick 4 - would it be worth doing for the 2 pick upgrade and virtually securing Parish?

If we had pick 4 would you trade for pick 6 and any of those mentioned players.... I wouldn't

No wayyyyy offering 400k a year for a 20 year old who isn't even a gun. Can't believe that.
By the time that the new TV deal comes through $400k in 2017 will be the new average player's wage. Crouch is 20yo and averages >20 disposals a game this season. He's comfortably around the middle bracket of players on an AFL list I would think and has potential to be much better. Compare him to Seb Ross for instance - both taken mid-20s in the draft. Crouch is 2 years younger, averages 3.3 more disposals a game (2015), fewer inside 50s, is 7cm shorter, similar effective disp % and more clearances.

I'd be happy to let Seb go to Essendon and upgrade him with Crouch for instance.

a couple of thoughts:

None of those players would get it done, they are all cooked at AFL level IMO. It'd have to be Ross + #6 for #4 - which would only value Ross at around a pick a pick 50, but IMO to prize a top 5 pick from another club that's the sort of overs we'd need to accept. Maybe we might try to haggle a swap of 2nd rounders too, but given it would be us desperate to get the pick, I doubt it. Would be risky given that Parish might not be available at #4 anyway.

Who on earth are we delisting? We have 40 senior listed players and I can only think of two absolutely certain delistings at the moment, considering newspaper reports that Gilbert, Ray & Fisher have all been offered contracts for next year.

I'd be getting really, really nervous if I was Daniel Markworth, Spencer White and Lewis Pierce.

People in here aren't seriously talking about involving Pick 6 for Cam O'Shea are they? The craziest thing I've read yet!
As I'm sure you're aware this thread has direct input in to the club's recruiting strategy. Apparently Bains and Trout don't speak to any player or player manager without consulting the Megathread first.

Fair enough, on reflection, using #6 on a fringe half back flanker (even if #10 is coming back the other way) isn't the smartest piece of business but no need to abuse people for putting ideas forward.

Here's a hint, if you want to go around calling people crazy there's a place for you - it's called Saintsational.

Your constructive input and info here are appreciated, perjorative comments aren't.

As I'm sure you're aware this thread has direct input in to the club's recruiting strategy. Apparently Bains and Trout don't speak to any player or player manager without consulting the Megathread first.

Fair enough, on reflection, using #6 on a fringe half back flanker (even if #10 is coming back the other way) isn't the smartest piece of business but no need to abuse people for putting ideas forward.

Here's a hint, if you want to go around calling people crazy there's a place for you - it's called Saintsational.

Your constructive input and info here are appreciated, perjorative comments aren't.

Gee you've taken that personally. I never called anybody crazy, I said suggesting that Pick 6 be involved in a deal for a fringe player was crazy. I've given my opinion just like you.

Gee you've taken that personally. I never called anybody crazy, I said suggesting that Pick 6 be involved in a deal for a fringe player was crazy. I've given my opinion just like you.
No. You quite unnecessarily ramped it up. This forum isn't about calling our own (ideas even) crazy. That sort of thing is reserved for the likes of Carltank etc.

If Port were interested in swapping 1st rounders IMO it would be remiss of us not to look at what we could get done. Especially in a draft where it looks like the top 5 seem to be above the rest, after which it seems level for the next few. If we could squeeze a possible Dempster replacement, maybe a pick upgrade on our 2nd rounder... well dismissing that possibility out of hand would be idiotic (see what I did there?).

No. You quite unnecessarily ramped it up. This forum isn't about calling our own (ideas even) crazy. That sort of thing is reserved for the likes of Carltank etc.

If Port were interested in swapping 1st rounders IMO it would be remiss of us not to look at what we could get done. Especially in a draft where it looks like the top 5 seem to be above the rest, after which it seems level for the next few. If we could squeeze a possible Dempster replacement, maybe a pick upgrade on our 2nd rounder... well dismissing that possibility out of hand would be idiotic (see what I did there?).
Talk about an overreaction...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back