No Oppo Supporters Re-signing Tex, Danger and Sloane *** Crows Only ***

Your thoughts on Dangerfield?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rucci probably thought he was being clever with that line. Don't think anyone would ever respond well to that kind of demand though.

Thats how he operates and does it all the time. His role has dropped away at the Tiser though and that could be as a result of both clubs telling him and the tiser to get stuffed. Hence his semi retirement and shift to radio.

Thats how he operates and does it all the time. His role has dropped away at the Tiser though and that could be as a result of both clubs telling him and the tiser to get stuffed. Hence his semi retirement and shift to radio.

He's not the only one.

A mate of mine plays high level rugby, the journos make up s**t about internal stuff for publicity and sales.

One facial I did see .. Watch the boys sing the song. When the camera goes around Rory Atkins tries sticking his fingers in Lairdys mouth.. Lairds reaction was priceless.. The camera moves of them but I have no doubt he told him where to go.. Was not impressed..
Yeah I saw that too, made me like the Rat more for some reason. I bet he will become one of the Clubs biggest spoons.

One facial I did see .. Watch the boys sing the song. When the camera goes around Rory Atkins tries sticking his fingers in Lairdys mouth.. Lairds reaction was priceless.. The camera moves of them but I have no doubt he told him where to go.. Was not impressed..

Yeah I saw that too, made me like the Rat more for some reason. I bet he will become one of the Clubs biggest spoons.

It was great. Kids played 5 games and he tried messing with Laird who seems like a no nonsense type, same as the way he plays.

It's funny how players can play like their personalities..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perhaps a sign of how far the AFC have come this season, they have been unbelievably impressive, pretty much since Ricciuto came on board, Fagan came on board and then Walsh, Camporeale and Worsfold. But, at this point in time I reckon Dangerfield has way more to lose if he goes than the Adelaide Football Club do.

Dangerfield is as much the face of the Crows as Walker and Sloane is. He is probably number one. He has played a hugely important part in building the team to the point it is at now. That is a team of 22 players syncing to produce winning football. Not a team that relies on a couple of stars and half a dozen good players to fire in order to get the job done, Dangerfield being one of those stars. The Crows brand (the Walsh way) is bred in to this group now. Dangerfield leaving will put a chink in that brand, but it will continue on an upward trend. I am not convinced Dangerfield would find the same satisfaction and/or success moving to any other club right now.

Clearly Dangerfield is very close with his family. I reckon they would be seeing what he must be seeing and that is something special happening right where he is. He would be mad not to go 2 more years and see where it leads. If he wants to be close to home to start a family with his partner, that 2 years is probably a pretty good time frame anyway.

Must be staying.

Hard for me to believe he would find as much fun playing in Geelong as he would in Adelaide. Nearly sold or sold out and overflowing crowds 11x a year. Competitive team with decent mix of vets and up and comers. Passionate fan base that cares about team. Chance to get better and contend for a flag year in and year out.

Yes there are a handful of AFL places that can offer some of that. Rarer still clubs that can offer all of that.

Danger is in such a rare spot. Think we will get a glimpse of what he prioritizes soon.

This fits in with some comments Fagan made around that time as well. He said something like "we want him to make sure he makes the right decision"

So based on that I would say the Crows want to ensure he still truly wants to stay. Reckon the Crows have said leave it to the end of the year to ensure he hasn't changed his mind post Walshy.

So I started with Danger staying, then changed to him going, I'm now firmly back in the staying camp.

I don't get this. If you want a player at the club, wouldn't you want him to sign ASAP regardless of the scenario instead of trying to do the right thing by him? WTF? So if he wants to leave, we'll even help him pack his bags?

Perhaps a sign of how far the AFC have come this season, they have been unbelievably impressive, pretty much since Ricciuto came on board, Fagan came on board and then Walsh, Camporeale and Worsfold. But, at this point in time I reckon Dangerfield has way more to lose if he goes than the Adelaide Football Club do.

Dangerfield is as much the face of the Crows as Walker and Sloane is. He is probably number one. He has played a hugely important part in building the team to the point it is at now. That is a team of 22 players syncing to produce winning football. Not a team that relies on a couple of stars and half a dozen good players to fire in order to get the job done, Dangerfield being one of those stars. The Crows brand (the Walsh way) is bred in to this group now. Dangerfield leaving will put a chink in that brand, but it will continue on an upward trend. I am not convinced Dangerfield would find the same satisfaction and/or success moving to any other club right now.

Clearly Dangerfield is very close with his family. I reckon they would be seeing what he must be seeing and that is something special happening right where he is. He would be mad not to go 2 more years and see where it leads. If he wants to be close to home to start a family with his partner, that 2 years is probably a pretty good time frame anyway.

Must be staying.

Have a look at Danger at quarter time after that absolute annihilation of West Coast and while the crowd were on their feet, Danger was telling the players to settle it down. That is good leadership and shows how focused he is on the team right now.

Have a look at Danger at quarter time after that absolute annihilation of West Coast and while the crowd were on their feet, Danger was telling the players to settle it down. That is good leadership and shows how focused he is on the team right now.

So what you are saying is that he is gone?

So what you are saying is that he is gone?

I have no idea, but all I can see is how he is with the club right now and he is enjoying himself, fully behind the whole team from the top level down to the reserves guys and the leadership he has displayed has been outstanding all while having his best season ever and fixing up his own deficiencies too. All I can think is why would you want to leave this club?

I was wondering if it was the right thing to do, keep doing what you were doing I say, keep the adrenalin flowing. West coast kicked 5 straight after that.

I have no idea, but all I can see is how he is with the club right now and he is enjoying himself, fully behind the whole team from the top level down to the reserves guys and the leadership he has displayed has been outstanding all while having his best season ever and fixing up his own deficiencies too. All I can think is why would you want to leave this club?

You wouldn't.

I was wondering if it was the right thing to do, keep doing what you were doing I say, keep the adrenalin flowing. West coast kicked 5 straight after that.

No they didn't. We kicked the first again and also had another chance before they kicked their first. When they had their run on it we kicked a couple of points or made some poor decisions going forward. Their 5 straight was no where near as dominant as our run on was.

West Coast were always going to have a go, they just gased themselves trying to out run us and we were able to steady.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back