No Oppo Supporters Re-signing Tex, Danger and Sloane *** Crows Only ***

Your thoughts on Dangerfield?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed yesterday when they ran out on to the field that Danger stood to the side, patted every player on the back and said something to them as they ran past.

He's grown this year from a guy that I was concerned wasn't going to take that final step to becoming elite to now being an absolute class act both as a player and a leader.

Done that ever since I can remember. Tex comes out first so he doesn't high five him. Everyone else he does...even when they're holding some random kids hand! Although he does let his "kid" ran off without him....which is a shocking, irresponsible, thing to do. Sack him!

If he does go, you can't really complain that he's "phoned it in" this year. His game has gone up another level this year and he's been engaging and supporting all the players at the club, from first 22 down to SANFL level.
Yup shown guys like Henderson, Yarran and Aish should take note.

He seems to be fully into engaging with the members
He has always high fived every player (bar Tex and Sloane from memory). think it's a superstition thing (like Macca who always ran around the banner, rather than through it).
You cant really doubt any of my statements there though? ;) From his mentoring the younger players to going to sanfl games every week and then on field as well sometimes sacrificing his own game for the good of team, he has been nothing short of impressive this year.

All these conversations about who he's smiling at and who he's high-fiving reminds me of Elaine's blind date.

Elaine: "He sounds like he's really good looking!"

Jerry: "You're going by sound? What are we, whales?"

I have to say it, how good was that banner with the 'contract' and the big Sign Here sticker on it by the players race? Would have been difficult for Danger to miss it.
I left before the players walked back in the room, but I wondered if Patty ignored it or made a point about it. How good would it have been if he went over to them and asked for a pen? Media would have gone crazy, so I'm guessing he didn't. Liked it though. There are some good pics from Ray Titus that have it.

If he does go, you can't really complain that he's "phoned it in" this year. His game has gone up another level this year and he's been engaging and supporting all the players at the club, from first 22 down to SANFL level.

This is actually what worries me:drunk:

I'm in the he's staying camp but it worries me that he's putting in a huge final effort so he can walk away with no regrets and no one can say he didn't give his all:cool:

I have to say it, how good was that banner with the 'contract' and the big Sign Here sticker on it by the players race? Would have been difficult for Danger to miss it.
I left before the players walked back in the room, but I wondered if Patty ignored it or made a point about it. How good would it have been if he went over to them and asked for a pen? Media would have gone crazy, so I'm guessing he didn't. Liked it though. There are some good pics from Ray Titus that have it.

What a great banner that was.

I watched the players leave the ground and I saw Sauce pointing it out to Danger as they were about to walk up the race. I was really hoping for any sort of positive acknowledgement from Danger about the sign, but from what I saw after Sauce pointed it out he just looked at it very briefly and then put his head straight down, walked down the race and sadly didn't really acknowledge it at all.

Which is why, if (and probably when) he does go it'll hurt us more than Tippet leaving.
It won't feel so much like a betrayal though.

I really really really want him to stay...but if he's decided he wants to be closer to his family for starting his own I won't hate him like I did Tippy.

It will hurt our club but maybe we'll find a couple more pieces to the puzzle through trades or draft which negate some of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I noticed yesterday when they ran out on to the field that Danger stood to the side, patted every player on the back and said something to them as they ran past.

He's grown this year from a guy that I was concerned wasn't going to take that final step to becoming elite to now being an absolute class act both as a player and a leader.
He's done that every game for years. Nothing new here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back