Strategy Blair Hartley Project 2015 III - Linked to Treloar / Yarran / Stevie J / Kreuzer

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol not going to PM anything, bloody hell im at work :p

I will just say, I trust 3 people i get my mail from. All of them are saying we are better then a good chance and that we are quickly firming as the number one choice. Something will break in the media if not this week, early next.

Just keep a look out.

lol not going to PM anything, bloody hell im at work :p

I will just say, I trust 3 people i get my mail from. All of them are saying we are better then a good chance and that we are quickly firming as the number one choice. Something will break in the media if not this week, early next.

Just keep a look out.

Even if it something breaks in the media this week, I'd say nothing will be confirmed until GWS have played their last game so I'm tipping we will have to wait another week to know one way or the other. Boooooooooooo!

Some serious strong noise that KB was indeed right about Treloar, its that strong i dont believe it lol :drunk:

Similar to Barrett, I have heard both Tiggers and Collingwood done deal. It may be a bit of his manager playing 'how high can you go'.

Money still favors the Pies though.

Heard the players we have inquired about are Aaron Hall but he has played well enough the back half of the season that he may be out of our price range (as in what we had planned to offer). I have been told that our preference was Motlop, Yarran, Hall for the small forward/ part time mid role. Still could get both but Yarran is closest to a done deal as you could get.

Another plan was Matera from GC, but talks have stopped. Apparently on RFCs behalf. Been told because they were 'going to look in another direction' which has been interpreted up north as they have landed one of their targets (presumed to be Yarran).

We have made an inquiry with Bastinac. In and out of the team at North, not the happiest player in their ranks apparently. He is one of the inside mid players talked about by T71 I believe.

Did make contact with Lonnergan too (gold coast) simply because FJ loved him, can play inside and a big body. During the draft for that year (I think Flossy's draft), we rated him as a player that would be serviceable early and then after year 3 really hit his straps. Obviously re-signed though. We planned on taking him with our second pick. We tried to trade up to a mid teens to pick him or Taylor Garner but no deal could get done (I believe the discussions were with GWS).

Lachie Weller - as it has been said by a few he said to the Dockers that he was happy to stay and happy to go. What I have heard since is that he wants to stay.

Been told as well that there is another smokey that the RFC have made a legitimate play for. Now all of my sources ARE NOT associated with the RFC (have heard this from people inside multiple clubs), and thus no one knows who it could be or if its a smokescreen or something with substance. It could be Dangerfield but one of my sources is from an Adelaide based club who says whilst its possible his free agency is so high profile, if it was it would be like the whole moon walk was filmed in a studio deal.

We will likely depart with Arnott and maybe Thomas off the rookie list this season - which doesn't sound like much news. The club is extremely interested in seeing who goes off the Suns, GWS and North lists. The latter because some of the Roos' high picks haven't really been developed (see Harper).

Lastly, we have tabled an offer to Kruezer as has been reported. Its not an offer that will blow Carlton out of the water - or the Dogs for that matter. Its been put to me that its because we see him as a want and not a need.

Teams are planning for the removal of the sub rule which will likely see a further restriction on rotations. This will then increase the likelihood of 2 full time ruckman. Dimma and the coaching staff apparently loved the Maric/ Hampson combo, but felt that we lost alot up forward. And considering we have trouble scoring it was partially scrapped. They Kruezer as sharing the load with Maric 50-50 prolonged the latter's career. But also as Kruezer is a better forward, it allows the dual ruck combo of Hampson/ Maric with the 3 pronged forward line.

If Kruezer agrees to sign with the yellow and black (unlikely - Kruezer is a loyal dude and the offers from us or dogs haven't been big enough to reject the Blues entirely) it will lilely mean another big is traded away. This is probably McBean. The club I have been told saw McBean as a 5 year project (like Elton became) which would make sense. A skinny 200cm back man being converted into a forward. But he has impacted the VFL far sooner to the delight of everyone here and at the club.

However Griffith's papers are stamped 'stay'. Dimma loves him. It was after the Sydney game where he played Wing and back and was a wall but didn't get beaten the other way that Dimma wanted him. McBean nor Hampson can be moved or floated back of centre like Griffith's. Thus it allows a big 3 forward line with the ability to isolate 1 (move Jack up) or 2 in the forward half.

All of thus has come from multiple sources outside of the RFC over multiple clubs. I want to stress that assumptions and speculation has been made in some instances because the facts don't paint a full picture.

I assume T71 could shoot down or rectify any errors I have made.

Similar to Barrett, I have heard both Tiggers and Collingwood done deal. It may be a bit of his manager playing 'how high can you go'.

Heard the players we have inquired about are Aaron Hall but he has played well enough the back half of the season that he may be out of our price range (as in what we had planned to offer). I have been told that our preference was Motlop, Yarran, Hall for the small forward/ part time mid role. Still could get both but Yarran is closest to a done deal as you could get.

Another plan was Matera from GC, but talks have stopped. Apparently on RFCs behalf. Been told because they were 'going to look in another direction' which has been interpreted up north as they have landed one of their targets (presumed to be Yarran).

We have made an inquiry with Bastinac. In and out of the team at North, not the happiest player in their ranks apparently. He is one of the inside mid players talked about by T71 I believe.

Did make contact with Lonnergan too (gold coast) simply because FJ loved him, can play inside and a big body. During the draft for that year (I think Flossy's draft), we rated him as a player that would be serviceable early and then after year 3 really hit his straps. Obviously re-signed though. We planned on taking him with our second pick. We tried to trade up to a mid teens to pick him or Taylor Garner but no deal could get done (I believe the discussions were with GWS).

Lachie Weller - as it has been said by a few he said to the Dockers that he was happy to stay and happy to go. What I have heard since is that he wants to stay.

Been told as well that there is another smokey that the RFC have made a legitimate play for. Now all of my sources ARE NOT associated with the RFC (have heard this from people inside multiple clubs), and thus no one knows who it could be or if its a smokescreen or something with substance. It could be Dangerfield but one of my sources is from an Adelaide based club who says whilst its possible his free agency is so high profile, if it was it would be like the whole moon walk was filmed in a studio deal.

We will likely depart with Arnott and maybe Thomas off the rookie list this season - which doesn't sound like much news. The club is extremely interested in seeing who goes off the Suns, GWS and North lists. The latter because some of the Roos' high picks haven't really been developed (see Harper).

Lastly, we have tabled an offer to Kruezer as has been reported. Its not an offer that will blow Carlton out of the water - or the Dogs for that matter. Its been put to me that its because we see him as a want and not a need.

Teams are planning for the removal of the sub rule which will likely see a further restriction on rotations. This will then increase the likelihood of 2 full time ruckman. Dimma and the coaching staff apparently loved the Maric/ Hampson combo, but felt that we lost alot up forward. And considering we have trouble scoring it was partially scrapped. They Kruezer as sharing the load with Maric 50-50 prolonged the latter's career. But also as Kruezer is a better forward, it allows the dual ruck combo of Hampson/ Maric with the 3 pronged forward line.

If Kruezer agrees to sign with the yellow and black (unlikely - Kruezer is a loyal dude and the offers from us or dogs haven't been big enough to reject the Blues entirely) it will lilely mean another big is traded away. This is probably McBean. The club I have been told saw McBean as a 5 year project (like Elton became) which would make sense. A skinny 200cm back man being converted into a forward. But he has impacted the VFL far sooner to the delight of everyone here and at the club.

However Griffith's papers are stamped 'stay'. Dimma loves him. It was after the Sydney game where he played Wing and back and was a wall but didn't get beaten the other way that Dimma wanted him. McBean nor Hampson can be moved or floated back of centre like Griffith's. Thus it allows a big 3 forward line with the ability to isolate 1 (move Jack up) or 2 in the forward half.

All of thus has come from multiple sources outside of the RFC over multiple clubs. I want to stress that assumptions and speculation has been made in some instances because the facts don't paint a full picture.

So we're not too bothered about Kreuzer?

So we're not too bothered about Kreuzer?

From what I can ascertain its a want and not a need. They know that he will provide and upgrade and make the team better but have targeted a small forward, inside mid and back-flanker in this period.

The belief inside the AFL was that if Kruezer made a successful return from injury this season (he did) that he would re-sign mid-year. Whilst putting off contract talks till the end of the year raised eyebrows AFL wide, its generally seen as a response to seeing who the new coach will be.

Ultimately I believe we have a plan if he accepts or deal (Its been put to me as 'reasonable'. The Dangerfield offer from Cats as 'earth shattering') and a plan if he doesn't.

A lot of that is spot on.

I have 3 sources I trust, one is associated with the club but the other two, like yourself are at other clubs. So when both Aline, i tend to get excited. I called Weller early on that he would stay,when people were saying he was wanting home simply due to one of my sources, who works in list management knew way in advance, when the other two started mentioning the same, i believed. That is why i am excited by treloar as all three think we are better then a good chance and money we can easily match the pies if we wanted.

I mentioned A hall 6 months a go to a few, that is starting to gather steam as we believe he will be squeezed out but he may most likely go to Melbourne, due to the cash on offer, how melbourne has all this money is beyond me as the club is broke, * the afl.

There is a smokey I wont name that is a starting 22 player who is elite, a dead set gun who we believe we may have done enough, but still work to do, it really comes down to a few others who we want either getting done or not. On big K, we believe like I have mentioned before he may stay at the blues but there is a chance, a good one that he leaves the blues due to the blues low balling him on a new contract, its like they want him to go...SOS has pissed off a lot of players with in the club, the playing group is split. If they burn K, expect fallout imo.

On Hammer, I would not be surprised if he retired if we got big K at the end of next year, it really comes down to his knee which isnt good and will never be that good, hammer wont last past his contract which has a year to run imo.

Like that has been mentioned Dogs have offered a good deal but he wont play for the dogs. it would be us or the cats IMO. Arnots gone, thomas may stay for another year.

Again like lobseter said, this is all speculation, with huge chance for things to change quickly. Am happy to continue to post this stuff as long as im not fisted, as you guys dont even have the curtsy to use lube :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guys if you want a PM from Tiger71 then PM him directly instead of filling a page or 2 of this thread with PM requests.

Also dont drag up past posts to discredit someone who has a strong opinion. Whilst he took it well and didn't sook it up like many others have in the past, it is not on.

to the people who have sources (tiger71 etc)

if we are in with a huge chance of getting Adam Treloar, why are most people including people from collingwood saying hes going to the pies. People have mentioned that he has even told the pies he wants to go there

I have 3 sources I trust, one is associated with the club but the other two, like yourself are at other clubs. So when both Aline, i tend to get excited. I called Weller early on that he would stay,when people were saying he was wanting home simply due to one of my sources, who works in list management knew way in advance, when the other two started mentioning the same, i believed. That is why i am excited by treloar as all three think we are better then a good chance and money we can easily match the pies if we wanted.

I mentioned A hall 6 months a go to a few, that is starting to gather steam as we believe he will be squeezed out but he may most likely go to Melbourne, due to the cash on offer, how melbourne has all this money is beyond me as the club is broke, **** the afl.

There is a smokey I wont name that is a starting 22 player who is elite, a dead set gun who we believe we may have done enough, but still work to do, it really comes down to a few others who we want either getting done or not. On big K, we believe like I have mentioned before he may stay at the blues but there is a chance, a good one that he leaves the blues due to the blues low balling him on a new contract, its like they want him to go...SOS has pissed off a lot of players with in the club, the playing group is split. If they burn K, expect fallout imo.

On Hammer, I would not be surprised if he retired if we got big K at the end of next year, it really comes down to his knee which isnt good and will never be that good, hammer wont last past his contract which has a year to run imo.

Like that has been mentioned Dogs have offered a good deal but he wont play for the dogs. it would be us or the cats IMO. Arnots gone, thomas may stay for another year.

Again like lobseter said, this is all speculation, with huge chance for things to change quickly. Am happy to continue to post this stuff as long as im not fisted, as you guys dont even have the curtsy to use lube :p
Will the "gun" smokey be in addition to Treloar or is a back up if we don't land him? Also are we looking to trade out player/s as well as draft picks? Seems like we will have to to bring in more than one elite talent.

I mentioned A hall 6 months a go to a few, that is starting to gather steam as we believe he will be squeezed out but he may most likely go to Melbourne, due to the cash on offer, how melbourne has all this money is beyond me as the club is broke, **** the afl.

There is alot of misconception with Treloar. Even with sources its hard to know what is true and what is BS. Im happy to go with you on Treloar.

Insofar as Hall we align, squeezed out. Hadnt heard Melbourne to be honest (Someone who is frankly a poor source told me the Saints).

I have heard names mentioned of the smokey about 6 names have come up. All of which are not believable to me (thus I guess the smokey moniker). I will PM you the names I have heard over the last few months if you would like.

Either way, it was put to me that the reason that we are keeping alot up our sleeve is due to the Dees. A lot of teams see the Dees as easy to trade with and are willing to spend big and trade big. The whole Dom Tyson deal showed that they are willing to pay.

My source at the Blues (who is okay, I rather not go on what he says too often it seems half good half bad) says something similar in regards to SOS. A lot of player managers are interested in how he will fair as at GWS they held the upper hand as teams were coming to them for picks and players, rarely the others. Also, SOS has operated on an island since Maltouse was sacked. Planning for an off-season without a coach. Now with Bolton at the helm its expected that he will provide SOS with what he wants moving forward.

Its why Yarran played on the weekend. We have a deal in principle (depends on where we finish and what picks we get) but Bolton wanted to see how Yarran fared. Barker wanted him gone as did most of the Blues' list management. Bolton wanted final say and thus he played. Not sure how he fared in Bolton's eyes but well... he was poo.

Will the "gun" smokey be in addition to Treloar or is a back up if we don't land him? Also are we looking to trade out player/s as well as draft picks? Seems like we will have to to bring in more than one elite talent.

have no idea mate to be honest. I just know its been kept real quiet by both clubs. I honestly believe it may not happen as even though this guy is a jet, its a risk. Thats all i can say honestly.

to the people who have sources (tiger71 etc)

if we are in with a huge chance of getting Adam Treloar, why are most people including people from collingwood saying hes going to the pies. People have mentioned that he has even told the pies he wants to go there

That is a good question.

Just analyze who is saying treloar is a lock to the pies. Also the jurno's hopped on that train when fat Ed mentioned on the radio they would offer a holden and fill it with cash for him. People just assume by that, that its a done deal due to them having a better pick. What has ****ed that up is the ability to trade future picks...he may very well go to the pies or us but one thing is certain, if the pies thought there first round and gwilt would get the job done, there dreaming...if they want him, they would have to offer GWS 2 first rounders and 700k a year for 5 years.

have no idea mate to be honest. I just know its been kept real quiet by both clubs. I honestly believe it may not happen as even though this guy is a jet, its a risk. Thats all i can say honestly.

Thats fits one guy who I had heard to a T.

And its not Bennell. Its the worst kept secret that the Saints will make a huge play

That is a good question.

Just analyze who is saying treloar is a lock to the pies. Also the jurno's hopped on that train when fat Ed mentioned on the radio they would offer a holden and fill it with cash for him. People just assume by that, that its a done deal due to them having a better pick. What has stuffed that up is the ability to trade future picks...he may very well go to the pies or us but one thing is certain, if the pies thought there first round and gwilt would get the job done, there dreaming...if they want him, they would have to offer GWS 2 first rounders and 700k a year for 5 years.

All the journos early said to the Pies for Treloar because the money and t&c's thag they have offered trump everyone. They've also done their best reverse-Bunnings. Any better price we will increase by 15%.

I believe that we have upped our offer. But still not near the Pies. This is why Treloar to Tigers hasn't gained much steam in the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back