Preview Geelong Cats Vs Adelaide Crows KP Sat Sept 5 1:05pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the reply. I'm not as confident. We are North's you know what (starts with B), their run & carry game-style and quick ball movement troubles us and it is also played at Etihad, which they play well at & we have only played once at this year. Hope you guys can knock off Adelaide but it will be a very tough task. Good luck for next year, always loved how the Cats play. Think you guys with Menzel, Stanley, Vardy all back hopefully playing full seasons, coupled with the possibility of getting Dangerfield, the improvement of Lang, Gregson, McCarthy, Kolodjashnij & Cockatoo, the future is bright & will be back in the 8 next year, unlike some of the media thinking you will full off the wagon and out of the finals.
Yep, bu if you want to be a serious contender (and I think you are capable of being so this year) this Friday night is the sort of game you have to win. You have to take steps up to win flags. And one of those steps is to take control of your own destiny to avoid playing the Crows in Adelaide in week 1. Go tiges.
And yep, our future is bright! As is yours.

To any Adelaide lurkers... the views of the Geelong Advertiser do not accurately reflect the views of most rational and reasonable Cats fans...

Don't blame us for their nonsense

If we want the youth to have a taste for AFL:

In: Gore, Jansen, Horlin-Smith & Cowan.
Out: Kelly, Bartel, Lang & Gregson (rests).

If we want to say farewell to some of our older guys (which I prefer):

In: Stokes
Out: Lang
Bartel, Kelly around the ball for old times sake (gonna lose anyway so) & then Stokes & Mackie on the wings.

upload_2015-8-31_12-8-21.jpeg

In: Gore, Jansen, Horlin-Smith, Smedts, Cowan.
Out: Lang, Gregson, Murdoch, Walker, Selwood.

I wonder if Patty will be rested as they've made finals & ill probably want to avoid the media circus.
They have a home final to win. If they get sixth on the ladder, a home final is as good as resting the whole side. They'll roll the dice, back themselves to win and bring an unchanged side (injuries notwithstanding).

What's the go with Mitch Clark? Is he still struggling with that calf (?) injury or some personal problems at the moment?

Watched you guys play the first half on Friday night and it was great to see Menzel return, would have exceeded anyone's expectations with how he played. As long as he's pulled up alright from that game I hope he plays again to give him a bit more confidence before he goes on break/starts pre season training.

Haven't seen much of Walker before but I was impressed with a few of his grabs, just checked his stats before after flicking through to see a few listed him as an out, was surprised he only had it 5 times, I guess the marking just stood out for me a bit - guess it was a rough night for your forwards given it wasn't getting down there all that much (at least in the first half that I watched).

It's just a home town newspaper doing their thing. If Crows fans get worked up about that then they are very fragile about the whole Danger situation.
Just like we were offended when the Gold Coast rag published the picture of GAJ in a Suns top

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I kind of hope we win if only to send a FU to all the people saying we're cooked (again. I wonder how many times cats can be cooked, seems like a lot). Of course it'll be a week too late but still, and plus it'd be nice to send a couple of the vets off with a win

Haven't seen much of Walker before but I was impressed with a few of his grabs, just checked his stats before after flicking through to see a few listed him as an out, was surprised he only had it 5 times, I guess the marking just stood out for me a bit - guess it was a rough night for your forwards given it wasn't getting down there all that much (at least in the first half that I watched).

Walker's an excellent contested mark.
Not a good kick though, well he's fine but it's a very unorthodox kicking action.

He was subbed out of the game at halftime but like most said during the night, he was one of our better performed forwards who at least provided a target and wasn't hopelessly defeated on the night.

As for Clark, he's always been injured mate. Look at his history . . . 28 yrs next month and only managed 100 games to date.

Walker's an excellent contested mark.
Not a good kick though, well he's fine but it's a very unorthodox kicking action.

Is he though? He clunked a few vs North in the semi last year.... but hardly saw anything this year.

I kind of hope we win if only to send a FU to all the people saying we're cooked (again. I wonder how many times cats can be cooked, seems like a lot). Of course it'll be a week too late but still, and plus it'd be nice to send a couple of the vets off with a win

Not making the 8 and looking insipid in consecutive weeks to teams outside the 8 would be a pretty good indication that they really are cooked this time. Many of the veterans certainly look done.

Career Bests vs Collingwood on Friday:

Blicavs - Disposals (27), Fantasy (127).
Cockatoo - Kicks (7), Handballs (7), Disposals (14), Marks (6), Fantasy (64).
Gregson - Handballs (8), Tackles (5).
Kolodjashnij - Kicks (10), Marks (7).
Lang - Handballs (11).
MENZEL - Handballs (8), Disposals (20).
Thurlow - Handballs (13).

Career Bests vs Collingwood on Friday:

Blicavs - Disposals (27), Fantasy (127).
Cockatoo - Kicks (7), Handballs (7), Disposals (14), Marks (6), Fantasy (64).
Gregson - Handballs (8), Tackles (5).
Kolodjashnij - Kicks (10), Marks (7).
Lang - Handballs (11).
MENZEL - Handballs (8), Disposals (20).
Thurlow - Handballs (13).
Too many handballs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back