Ashes: Rise of the Phoenixborn

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 24, 2009
In your dreams
AFL Club
West Coast
Thought I'd mention this game. It certainly won't be for everyone but it's exactly what I've been looking for. I really like the look of Mage Wars, however, I know those I might regularly play with won't be interested at all in playing such a convoluted game. By my lazy reckoning Ashes: Rise of the Phoenixborn is a simpler, more face paced version of Magic: The Gathering.

The cool thing about this game is it being published by Plaid Hat Games, who brought us excellent games like The Dead of Winter and Summoner Wars. The artwork is fantastic as well. After watching the below videos I will seriously consider purchasing this game.

cover.jpg

Thought I'd mention this game. It certainly won't be for everyone but it's exactly what I've been looking for. I really like the look of Mage Wars, however, I know those I might regularly play with won't be interested at all in playing such a convoluted game. By my lazy reckoning Ashes: Rise of the Phoenixborn is a simpler, more face paced version of Magic: The Gathering.

The cool thing about this game is it being published by Plaid Hat Games, who brought us excellent games like The Dead of Winter and Summoner Wars. The artwork is fantastic as well. After watching the below videos I will seriously consider purchasing this game.

cover.jpg

Isn't there a simpler Mage Wars that's been released? Do you know how they compare?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back