Vuelta a Espana 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Skippos lets not forget, that GE and Whitey and Bannan reckons that turbo Durbridge's ramp test indicates he can ride GC for the grand tours in the future and the podium is in his ballpark...

so who knows when they blow smoke up ur arse, the default should be, they are blowing smoke up your arse.

*** especially Ogrady, he was the first one who came out big-upping Durbridge for GT podiums

I've heard Mark Cavendish being accused of towing before - it wasn't proven and he was allowed to stay in the race. The circumstances were a bit different though - it was a big mountain stage and he was just trying to survive by getting to the finish line inside the time limit.

Sticky bidons happen all the time. But riders getting a tow, accelerating away from the group they're riding with... that doesn't happen anywhere near as regularly as he claimed.

OGE would be absolutely stoked with the way their Vuelta has gone so far. Stage wins to Chavez & Ewan, and narrowly missing the TTT (losing by a single second). Topped off nicely by Chavez spending 2 days in red. They can go away from this race happy, even if we don't see them on the front of the race again for the remaining 16 stages.

Just keeps on getting better and better! Chaves has really come of age.

Great tour from OGE, bouncing back well from le Tour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any app this can be streamed on via iphone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looked fairly simple from the profile. Wonder what went wrong, that so many riders have been badly injured with crashes. Guess I'll see it all on the highlights package tonight.
One big crash was the culprit.

Seems like Boeckmans unfortunately was drinking and rode over a bump, sending him down. He's badly injured (induced coma, some severe facial injuries) and TVG and Dan Martin had to abandon. Hopefully Boeckmans will make a full recovery, all thoughts are with him.

Sagan was later hit by a organisers bike and went sprawling. Was not happy at all and has some severe road rash. His Facebook post:

Friends, I have had quite a nice day ... It could’ve been a good stage, so I thought before the start. There was about 10 km to go before the finish and I was in the first group of the peloton and there was a smaller group in front of us. I chose them chase, no one wanted to go with me and when I was indicating with my hand as I was just swapping place I felt a motorbike flying from behind me. I do not know even how fast it went, I just suddenly felt a blow from behind and found myself on the ground... I didn’t see the motorcycle, it carried on. I knew that it was someone from the organisers, someone on a motorbike who is actually suppose to take care of our safety. I stood up, I started to see if I had anything broken ... In that moment, I was very angry, because I went for the stage win and it wasn’t my fault that I had fallen...

I want to say openly that I am not at all impressed because these incidents have been happening quite often recently! Competitors are quiet and everything usually passes without any more noise... For example, in San Sebastian, in the hill, Van Avermaet was hit by a motorcyclist who cannot ride... In the next race, the organisers left the road signs, road restrictions in the sprint for about two hundred meters before the finish, where there was also a big fall and it all got quietly swept under the carpet...

I do not like these falls due to our safety, after all, such bike can weigh 200 kg and if it ran me over, what could’ve happened?! Fortunately, I only have bruised body, especially my legs and my hand hurts. It could, however, been a lot worse... but I am here at the hotel, alive and well! What else can I add? After my fall I was really very angry, the motorbike left which didn’t help to keep me calm. Plus, another funny thing, I got fined 200 euros for improper conduct and € 100 for the bad sportsmanship...What now...? Well nothing! I'm sitting in the room, wondering what had happened ... First of all, I did not cause the fall, I am bruised and still I get fined for scolding the organisers... Is that even possible?

I know that I have to accept it, also the fine, but I find it ridiculous, even comical ... but whatever, that’s life, let’s carry on. If the fall was my own fault, but no, it was someone else’s, someone, who should look after us. Us cyclists, we race whether it's cold or hot, we put everything into it so we could be winning. But because of someone, towards the end of the stage when my mind is already focusing on the sprint into the finish, someone makes me fall. Then I open my mouth and get a penalty ... what am I suppose to do? Where are my rights? Shall I rather pack up and go home? I wonder if anything will change after my fall, but probably nothing ... My view is that something should definitely change in cycling in this matter!"

Sagan is 100% right. Support motorcycles shouldn't be the biggest danger riders face.

The UCI needs to step up and accept that they need to take measures to make it safer either by better training of riders or restricting the amount of motorcycles on the course.

Can't help but wonder how Dumoulin has been getting to the top of those cat 1 climbs with the pure climbers.

He has a well earned reputation for his time trialling. But sprinting past Froome on top of a steep cat 1 peak?

Peaking at the right time. Seems like a genuine bloke to me.

I reckon Froome is just stuffed from the tdf where his program requires such a minimal body weight and huge effort that recovery is almost impossible.

I must admit following this race has been much better than watching the snooze(sky)fest that was Le Tour.

Peaking at the right time. Seems like a genuine bloke to me.

I reckon Froome is just stuffed from the tdf where his program requires such a minimal body weight and huge effort that recovery is almost impossible.

I must admit following this race has been much better than watching the snooze(sky)fest that was Le Tour.
It's not just Froome. He beat every single one of the pure climbers to the top of the Cat1 climb at the end of stage 9. I'm not making accusations. I just find it curious, if not a little bit suspicious.

PROFIL.png

lol

The Galina was really something else.

Incredible how the groups kept fracturing and coming back together.

In the end that big breakaway just couldn't be caught. Astana were the best team of the day and a well deserved 1-2.

Some of the best racing I've ever seen.

Another moto/rider crash. Sergio Paulinho has had 17 stitches in his leg after a collision. Tinkov threatening to pull the team out of the race.

1441211640_extras_noticia_foton_7_1.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back