Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doggy Dan

Premiership Player
Jul 29, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
In Beveridge's system even 3rd talls are de facto KPD - we had a 194cm (but lightly built) Hamling, 190cm Dale Morris and 186cm Easton Wood as our key defenders last week - so I lumped all those players together.

Andrews especially will be a very good player, an elite KPD in my eyes, but because he's up in Brisbane nobody really watches his games or talks about him much.

Andrews plays exactly how I saw Ayce play yesterday.

Roscoe_au

Club Legend
Jan 13, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
In Beveridge's system even 3rd talls are de facto KPD - we had a 194cm (but lightly built) Hamling, 190cm Dale Morris and 186cm Easton Wood as our key defenders last week - so I lumped all those players together.

Andrews especially will be a very good player, an elite KPD in my eyes, but because he's up in Brisbane nobody really watches his games or talks about him much.

And a 184cm de facto ruck man when we played WCE ;)

Roscoe_au

Club Legend
Jan 13, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Carlton mate says the supporters will burn the stands down if Kreuzer goes...and not the ones at Princes Park.

Pugz89

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 29, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
From my understanding, Moyd being offered a 1yr deal was just a rumour doing the rounds. Nothing confirmed by the club, so take it with a grain of salt. I do hope, and expect it will happen at some point, after season is done and dusted though.

McCraeBF

All Australian
Dec 23, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Agree if the house is stacked an no-one wants out then Ayce gets the chop. I'd consider him on the rookie list though.

But still some question marks remain over whether a couple of players might leave (Hunter, Grant, Talia, does Hrovat seek better opportunity?)

When ever has anyone said Hunter-Grant or Hrovat are going anywhere -theonly ones we could get rid off are one off Talia or Roberts that would get us anything good..

Oct 19, 2012
Minas Morgul
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
When ever has anyone said Hunter-Grant or Hrovat are going anywhere -theonly ones we could get rid off are one off Talia or Roberts that would get us anything good..

Grant is a f/a and still hasn't signed a contract yet.

Reliable posters on this board have stated repeatedly that half-way through the year Hunter was dead keen to move.

Hrovat may seek more opportunity. I doubt it though, seems the type that will fight his way back into the side.

Why the **** would we move on Roberts??? He is best 22 every day of the week.

McCraeBF

All Australian
Dec 23, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Grant is a f/a and still hasn't signed a contract yet.

Reliable posters on this board have stated repeatedly that half-way through the year Hunter was dead keen to move.

Hrovat may seek more opportunity. I doubt it though, seems the type that will fight his way back into the side.

Why the **** would we move on Roberts??? He is best 22 every day of the week.

Roberts is slow and not up to it..I hate saying that about the kid just is not as good as Talia,Hamling or Cordy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pannalstaroz

Norm Smith Medallist
May 4, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
But this is his best skill! Never seen anyone better at it than Talia.
He's AA captain
image.jpg

Trent85

Club Legend
Oct 13, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
A bloke at work today was asking me about Easton. Long story short I had completely forgotten that when we traded for Hudson the pick that we got with Huddo we used it on Wood i.e.

2007 Trade/Draft: Ben Hudson + Pick 43 (Easton Wood) for Pick 30 (Jarrhan Jacky) + Pick 38 (Mike Cook)

Hudson helped elevate us to a serious finals contender in 08 etc. and Wood is pretty handy at this footy business.

It would be pretty close to our best trade for the last decade heck maybe even longer... I cant really think of many better?

Maybe McMahon for Pick 19 (Callan Ward) or maybe way back in 99 when we traded Leon Cameron for Pick 37 (Mitch Hanh) and Pick 66 (Ryan Hargrave) are slightly better but cant think of too many more...

McCraeBF

All Australian
Dec 23, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
And with as much upside, if not more, than Hamling IMO.

Given his frame, Talia has the most upside if ever learns to play footy instead of his favourite game, "punch the ball away from my team mate".

Whats his upside? Hamling is 10 times the athlete have you seen them play

McCraeBF

All Australian
Dec 23, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
His vendetta against Roberts is mind boggling

Thats not fare champ--as I said last year when everyone was saying get rid of Wood cant kick etc i said his upside is massive Roberts I just dont see it watched him get classed by a rookie on the weekend.

Sep 2, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Whats his upside? Hamling is 10 times the athlete have you seen them play

Roberts uses the ball better than both of Talia and Hamling is great at zoning off for intercepts and is the best at defending.

Being athletic doesn't mean being a better defender.
Thats not fare champ--as I said last year when everyone was saying get rid of Wood cant kick etc i said his upside is massive Roberts I just dont see it watched him get classed by a rookie on the weekend.

Classed is not what I'd call being outmarked 2 times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back