hank1

Premiership Player
Dec 30, 2004
Stanhope
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tongala
Someone mentioned a couple of weeks back about the biggest spending sides in the finals, well I think it would be a fair assumption that the two biggest spending clubs in the seniors are now out of the race.

Bonnadio and Robbins didn't come up for the Hawks who were chasing tail from the first minute of the game. They did cut it back to 2 goals at half time and a stalemate for the first 20mins of the 3rd had them only 3 goals behind, but a 10 minute patch to finish the 3rd where Tonny piled on 6 goals put the game to bed.

Paulo kicked 7 and was nearly unstoppable, Barooga struggled under pressure early and turned the ball over all day, even in periods during the 3rd when Tonny had most of the play and they were making mistakes themselves, Barooga would win the pill and then cough it straight back up.

2 big games next week, expect that Nathalia and Mul will be close to full strength. Tonny through with only a couple of niggles that should be right and see an unchanged line up next week, Moama get through yesty unscathed? Thorp any chance of getting back?

Mar 24, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Just another premiership that Barooga couldn't buy.. Keep trying Hawks, eventually you will run out of money like Cobram
When do you think they will learn???? Im not sure they will. Would have to be the biggest pretenders going around.. All hype all the talk and come come up with the goods....Surely things will have to happen now to make them realise they cant buy premierships. Stick to the home grown talent and it may get them somewhere!!

Rouel_14

Club Legend
Apr 27, 2014
Bendigo, Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
When do you think they will learn???? Im not sure they will. Would have to be the biggest pretenders going around.. All hype all the talk and come come up with the goods....Surely things will have to happen now to make them realise they cant buy premierships. Stick to the home grown talent and it may get them somewhere!!

I think Mulwala would hold the tittle of ultimate pretenders, though they manage to do this and stay extremely competitive year after year spending half of what Barooga do

Mar 13, 2007
THE TAN
AFL Club
Richmond

nofearbrowny

Team Captain
Apr 11, 2012
wagga
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I'm liking moama from here on in , & I think they will play Nathalia but predicting a 3-6 side is dangerous

nofearbrowny

Team Captain
Apr 11, 2012
wagga
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Yes I agree, I had Deni pinned as a definite contender in the pre-season, but I also had Finley up there as well, and after being consistently in the finals and to the big dance, I thought they'd be around the mark come season's end. but it's not to be, and they get to have they footy trip early.

Moama on the other hand are shaping up to be a genuine contender for the Flag. I actually think that they are the biggest chance to take out the premiership this season, with or without big Gus. I think they're not to be underestimated and have only gotten better with every game they've played. The same can be said about Nathalia, but in the majority of the close games (scoring wise) they've played, they've lost. Their track record of recent weeks is they have smashed teams, and although it's good to be able to feel like that, they have lacked a real challenge. But its a different ball game in finals and I think if a team can stay in touch by the end of the 3rd, they'll struggle to get the win.

On other news I see the points system has come up again in todays Shepp News, I've most likely missed it but is it definitely being introduced into the MFL next year?
I think the points system will be good for league it rewards clubs that develop juniors and ex locals playing back at local club

Rouel_14

Club Legend
Apr 27, 2014
Bendigo, Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Mulwala not shabby at all, back to near best, great character to come back twice.
36 down in last quarter and missed a s**t to bring it within 3.
Will beat either Moama or
next week if bring that level of game again.
Now it's out of 4, not just 3

bigkev86

All Australian
Dec 13, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Adelaide
Mosm
Mulwala not shabby at all, back to near best, great character to come back twice.
36 down in last quarter and missed a s**t to bring it within 3.
Will beat either Moama or
next week if bring that level of game again.
Now it's out of 4, not just 3

Nathalia v moama in a soft year
s

hank1

Premiership Player
Dec 30, 2004
Stanhope
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tongala
Then there were 3, exciting game today, both sides faltered under pressure at times and was a pretty scrappy affair with Moama being 5pts up at the right time.
Nathalia obviously in the box seat, Mulwala showed enough for me to now think they can give Moama a run for their money next week, flip of a coin.
I do believe that only Moama could roll Nathalia though, Mul threw everything at Nathalia yesterday and they continually answered the challenge so if Mul win next week Nathalia red hot favs, if Moama win, i'd be still backing Nathalia but would give Moama some chance. Any injuries from now till then could have the Purps unbackable. Firebrace would be in doubt for Moama from today.

nofearbrowny

Team Captain
Apr 11, 2012
wagga
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Then there were 3, exciting game today, both sides faltered under pressure at times and was a pretty scrappy affair with Moama being 5pts up at the right time.
Nathalia obviously in the box seat, Mulwala showed enough for me to now think they can give Moama a run for their money next week, flip of a coin.
I do believe that only Moama could roll Nathalia though, Mul threw everything at Nathalia yesterday and they continually answered the challenge so if Mul win next week Nathalia red hot favs, if Moama win, i'd be still backing Nathalia but would give Moama some chance. Any injuries from now till then could have the Purps unbackable. Firebrace would be in doubt for Moama from today.
I'm liking moama more & more , mulwala & Nathalia should hold no fears for moama. I agree with BK it's a soft year !

Rouel_14

Club Legend
Apr 27, 2014
Bendigo, Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
I'm liking moama more & more , mulwala & Nathalia should hold no fears for moama. I agree with BK it's a soft year !

How can if be a soft year when Barooga were sitting 2nd going into the last round and then they are out the 1st week of finals ?

The Mulwala and Nathalia 20 points difference did not show the competitiveness of the game and Nathalia had the last 5 mins of momentum that was changing all day long.

Today's result was down to the wire and each club had momentum at different times!

I think it's been a cracker season!

Some were thinking Nathalia were not even destined for finals after a few rounds!

nofearbrowny

Team Captain
Apr 11, 2012
wagga
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
How can if be a soft year when Barooga were sitting 2nd going into the last round and then they are out the 1st week of finals ?

The Mulwala and Nathalia 20 points difference did not show the competitiveness of the game and Nathalia had the last 5 mins of momentum that was changing all day long.

Today's result was down to the wire and each club had momentum at different times!

I think it's been a cracker season!

Some were thinking Nathalia were not even destined for finals after a few rounds!
I'm not saying soft year in regards to even competition ,I'm saying soft year in regard to overall teams talent . I would think Nathalia would recognize they don't have the talent of 3 years ago but if they win a flag who cares !

hank1

Premiership Player
Dec 30, 2004
Stanhope
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tongala
I'm not saying soft year in regards to even competition ,I'm saying soft year in regard to overall teams talent . I would think Nathalia would recognize they don't have the talent of 3 years ago but if they win a flag who cares !
Can see where you are coming from in that there isn't a standout best side and the Premiership is up for grabs.
The side that wins it might not be as talented as previous winners, but I think the Top7 sides of the past two years would have to be as good as any over the past decade. Echuca Utd and Nathalia last year would have played finals in any other year, and Rumbalara and Barooga this year would surely be pencilled in to win finals games at the very least, with their cattle in previous years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back