List Mgmt. 2016 general list discussion and speculation (cont in Pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has James Kelly said something? Where are the rumours of unrest coming from?

He's always been one of our best trainers from all reports and a coaches favourite. It strikes me that if there are guys that are likely to kick up a fuss and rate themselves above where they currently are at it's S.J or Mackie rather than him. Kelly always seems pretty down to earth.

Really... Ive never felt that he was shy and retiring type. Full of confidence in his own ability , and brings an attitude to back that up from what Ive seen. Down to earth? Not the way id describe him. Dont get me wrong that attitude is needed.. but it makes a smooth ending unlikely.

He has busted a gut to be available this year
And if Bartel was to quit he would be safe

We can't keep him and Bartel in the same side next year

Yes.. he has not been the worst , and he has been tough... but its not a democracy , its not some sort of equal slice of the pizza commune . Plenty would say 14 years is a good shake... but others never want to stop. That had to cut Tuck in the end didn't they.

Last edited:
Yes.. he has not been the worts , and he has been tough... but its not a democracy , its not some sort of equal slice of the pizza commune . Plenty would say 14 years is a good shake... but others never want to stop. That had to cut Tuck in the end didn't they.
I can see him playing on
Good luck to him

I think the best move for the cats right now is to float Harry Taylor to the GWS. Any thoughts on that, who we could get and who we have left to play KPD. Hawks did it with Hay.

Of course they all feel like they can offer their services to the club but truth is their performance is not much better then the kids

you've had too much sauce on your pie and are delusional
Depends on what GWS offer, unless Scott can change the role for Taylor, teams have learnt just not to bomb into our forward line which is Taylor's strength, they have lowered their eyes and hit targets running towards them which is Harry's weakness pace, they will have to reinvent Harry's role this off season.....

Depends on what GWS offer, unless Scott can change the role for Taylor, teams have learnt just not to bomb into our forward line which is Taylor's strength, they have lowered their eyes and hit targets running towards them which is Harry's weakness pace, they will have to reinvent Harry's role this off season.....
Harry's weakness is the Cats getting smashed in centre clearances (no ruck), and the Cats inability to lock the ball in the Fwd line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope Bates gets promoted actually if Stevie J leaves/retires. I can see a forward line of Hawkins, Vardy/Clark, Menzel, Gregson & then have Lang in there at times but move him through midfield more then Bates the other pocket alongside Gregson using his pace to put on pressure then use his left foot to kick some nice goals for us :)

Also depends on McCarthy's situation as he might be the other small forward if fit.

Harry's weakness is the Cats getting smashed in centre clearances (no ruck), and the Cats inability to lock the ball in the Fwd line.
While it doesnt help Harry when teams deliver it lace out, how often do they achieve that probably 5 times out of 50 inside 50's he still has to defend

Paul Ahern or Jack Steele would be a great addition to the club, or both.

While it doesnt help Harry when teams deliver it lace out, how often do they achieve that probably 5 times out of 50 inside 50's he still has to defend
Same could be said of Lake at the dogs. Had a horror time in last two seasons with them. Then he went on to win norm in a better team. Just don't want to do a Brisbane and hold on to long when we could get something moving forward.

If we could only pick two small forwards, if our whole list was fit, and Lang moves into midfield in 2016, assuming our forward line is Hawkins, Vardy/Clark & Menzel along with a resting midfielder, which 2 would you pick out of Gregson, McCarthy, Bates or Smedts?

If we could only pick two small forwards, if our whole list was fit, and Lang moves into midfield in 2016, assuming our forward line is Hawkins, Vardy/Clark & Menzel along with a resting midfielder, which 2 would you pick out of Gregson, McCarthy, Bates or Smedts?

Right now, Gregson and Smedts.

Mr G and McCarthy if he ever gets going.

I think the best move for the cats right now is to float Harry Taylor to the GWS. Any thoughts on that, who we could get and who we have left to play KPD. Hawks did it with Hay.

I can sort understand your logic..or what you see as logic... but a lot of turf has been mowed since the Hay deal.

And Geelong isn't in the strip out and rebuild mode like Saints where and Melb seems to always be. They see the addition of more PnP quality players making them a a legit finals side again. So why get rid of someone for a talent young kid they make take 2-3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back