Certified Legendary Thread Convicted Rapist: Jarryd Hayne - Fumbling and Quitting the Lifelong Dreams ™

Remove this Banner Ad

I pity anyone that follows the 49ers due to Hayne.

With a brother who supports the 9ers, I pity the people that were going for them prior to Hayne.

He's stuck in a whirlwind of johnny-come-latelies akin to tigernova, and douchebags who admit they know nothing about football questioning how much he's going to dominate WHEN he starts in week 1.

Jed York is literally the shittest owner in the NFL. He is young, rich and stupid. Anyone that follows the 49ers will think Detroit's last 50 years were delightful. Surely an extra few dollars isn't worth sending that many Australians into long term depression.

That and what happens when the 49ers drop Hayne? Still have to be subjected to the 0-16 garbage?

I pity any long term 49er fan who has to put up with the San Francisco Hayne Plane supporters.

Not sure about 0-16...we still have the Rams twice on our schedule.:p

Suppose I can trade in GamePass now.

Love how MMM in Melbourne are running a competition to win a trip to San Francisco to watch Hayne in Week 1....that could end well.

I pity any long term 49er fan who has to put up with the San Francisco Hayne Plane supporters.

Not sure about 0-16...we still have the Rams twice on our schedule.:p
Long term 49er supporters are bandwagoners from, the 90s. No pity there :p

Long term 49er supporters are bandwagoners from, the 90s. No pity there :p

In a minute your going to tell me that the Rams always played in St Louis.

Besides....the bandwagon for me rolled in during the 80s.

Jed York is literally the shittest owner in the NFL. He is young, rich and stupid. Anyone that follows the 49ers will think Detroit's last 50 years were delightful. Surely an extra few dollars isn't worth sending that many Australians into long term depression.

That and what happens when the 49ers drop Hayne? Still have to be subjected to the 0-16 garbage?
I certainly wouldn't put Jed York in the top tier of owners, but he's no Dan Snyder either.

From what I understand 7 plan to cover whatever team Hayne ends up at. If he does end up at a team.

I thought HAyne could bring some real benefits for NFL fans here...but * me this would be a disaster............unless Texans pick him up of course.

I thought HAyne could bring some real benefits for NFL fans here...but * me this would be a disaster............unless Texans pick him up of course.
If that means getting to see Watt play every game I'm happy.
Would also enjoy the Rams, Cardinals, Steelers, Miami and Buffalo.

Call me old-fashioned, but I'd have thought they'd negotiate to show the best games each week.

Apparently that's too hard but showing every 49ers game isn't.

Best game?
You mean NFC East yeah?

Don't give me that - not after the last 2 seasons! The Eagles went to the least popular, most popular team in the NFL almost overnight in terms of TV coverage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't give me that - not after the last 2 seasons! The Eagles went to the least popular, most popular team in the NFL almost overnight in terms of TV coverage.
I suppose it really was just Dallas and the G-Men getting the coverage, for whatever reason.

If 7 do show all the games for a team he ends up on, i hope he gets cut and then picked up by a east coast team. The hype will die fast when bandwagon fans have to get up at 3am everyweek to watch him for 2mins a game on special teams.

Celebration! Today, the prime minister will declare this day forever more a public holiday.

"Peta, I think this is a 12-flagger"

Tony-Abbott-8-flags-620x397.jpg

He'll make the 53 man roster rightly or wrongly to some of the professionsl opinions in here.. To be Frank I couldn't care less, I'm more worried about Randall Cobb and our wide outs being fit, none the less good on him for chasing a dream most others couldn't and wouldnt do. No hate from me

He makes the roster. He has shown enough to be useful and his upside is a lot more than others on the roster. Don't think he'll see much action at RB but won't be surprised to see him used like last weekend on short passes. He's obviously the KR/PR as well

The other reason he makes it is the 49ers have had a shocking off season. They need the feel good story.

Last edited:
I just don't think there's anything special about Hayne as an NFL returner that many other american players don't have in the ability to return kicks. He sprung a couple returns in weeks 1 and 2. But in week 3, did you see how many monster returns many other players made across the league? All side-stepping, spinning, slinking, etc. Nothing special among his peers in the NFL. What will cost him a 53 maybe even a 75 man roster spot is his lack of ability at RB, his chosen position. All returners come from a chosen position on offense and defense. STs is just a bunch of players taken from all the positions on O and D. Even big fat OL, big DEs, TEs, LBs, WRs, etc. Hayne is a really bad RB. And the Niners will only keep 3 HBs + 1 FB. And there'll be players at either DB, WR, or RB who CAN return the ball just as effectively as Hayne.....but who also play their CHOSEN position well.

Why I don't think he'll make it. He offers nothing at RB. He hasn't done anything special as a gunner either (the getting downfield and tackling part). At best, the Niners might PS him. Because cutting down to 53 is EXTREMELY hard to do as a personnel man/coach. So many good players. So few positions. And you really need capable players, NFL-ready, on that 53. No developmental players costing a roster spot to someone you think is more needed. And that's before any injuries hit at crucial positions like DL, OL, CB.

We shall wait and see. But after today's game I'm even more adamant that Hayne wont make the 75 man cut even.

interesting conclusion.

you cant judge him against others making big return runs. too many variables. depth / 1st/2nd/3rd stringers etc etc.

I agree they cant take a player they "think" will be a contributor. they have to be 110% confident.

if they cut him he will be picked up elsewhere so its not if he makes the nfl but where.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back