VFL VFL R20 - Sandringham v Casey (home) - highlights now available

Remove this Banner Ad

29 goals this season. Six times in the bests but plenty more last-minute heroics.
You gotta love how Ahmed Saad kicks another 4 goals and we barely bat an eyelid.

Keeper.

View attachment 167733

I think we forget that he is a very competent small forward.
Definitely retain on the rookie list at a minimum. Hopefully Sinclair and Lonie are good enough to move into the midfield which allows Saad to play forward pocket.

I think we forget that he is a very competent small forward.
Definitely retain on the rookie list at a minimum. Hopefully Sinclair and Lonie are good enough to move into the midfield which allows Saad to play forward pocket.
I really like your thinking here. Saad had probably been overtaken by Lonie and Sinclair but there's no shame in that. End of the day he's had a great year in the twos and when we're really good he'll be a great addition. He's miles ahead of a few others and deserves a shot next year.

Mixed fortunes in the ruck stats above (Lewie with good impact around the ground and Jamar dominating the hitouts, although Lewie had an impressive 8 clearances).

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2015-08-31/vfl-stats-round-20

11954553_10154162181129128_6040497618869001955_n.jpg

Mixed fortunes in the ruck stats above (Lewie with good impact around the ground and Jamar dominating the hitouts, although Lewie had an impressive 8 clearances).
Must of just been outbodied. Pierce had 6 ff 0 fa and jamar had 7 fa 0 ff

Jamar also gave away a few free kicks against Pierce during the game. Pierce has been very good the past 2 weeks against bigger bodied players in Dawson Simpson and Mark Jamar. Hopefully we'll get Holmes back after this week and can have a Holmes/Pierce ruck combo as both are in pretty good form

Jamar also gave away a few free kicks against Pierce during the game. Pierce has been very good the past 2 weeks against bigger bodied players in Dawson Simpson and Mark Jamar. Hopefully we'll get Holmes back after this week and can have a Holmes/Pierce ruck combo as both are in pretty good form

Might I highlight that the catalyst for Pierce's form may very likely be Holmes not being in the team given it allows Lewis greater time in the ruck to work over his opponent Goldstein style. Bringing Holmes, Hickey or anyone that would be given priority or consume more time in the ruck could mess with Pierce's continuity within the games.
I think that Pierce has really gone up in the past couple of weeks due to the added importance he has been given as the main ruck within the team. For the majority of the season he has had to content with Hickey, Longer and Holmes just within the vfl team which has resulted in him only being given moderate bursts in the ruck and then back on the pine with the odd couple of minutes in the forward line. This constant fluctuation would have to interrupt with your rhythm.

Might I highlight that the catalyst for Pierce's form may very likely be Holmes not being in the team given it allows Lewis greater time in the ruck to work over his opponent Goldstein style. Bringing Holmes, Hickey or anyone that would be given priority or consume more time in the ruck could mess with Pierce's continuity within the games.
I think that Pierce has really gone up in the past couple of weeks due to the added importance he has been given as the main ruck within the team. For the majority of the season he has had to content with Hickey, Longer and Holmes just within the vfl team which has resulted in him only being given moderate bursts in the ruck and then back on the pine with the odd couple of minutes in the forward line. This constant fluctuation would have to interrupt with your rhythm.
Hiya man. :) Clearly you know more about the Zebs than your average Hawks fan. Are you a Sandy supporter?

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2015-09-01/huddos-vfl-review-round-20

Delaney - played up forward ... good game, providing a marking target for us and kicking 1.2.

McKenzie - a bit rusty ... but still did some really courageous things.

Pierce - outstanding. He didn’t win the hit outs, but ... was able to get off Jamar and find the ball.

Saad - real opportunist game ... positioning, especially at the front of contests, has improved dramatically.

Saunders - productive ... worked extremely hard as a high half forward and through the wing.

Shenton - workmanlike.

Simpkin - sustained a minor corky early ... played mostly in defence and did well.

Siposs - 11 clearances ... contributed to our direct ball use in a big way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back