England vs Australia (1 T20, 5 ODI's)

Remove this Banner Ad

Im gunna go as far as saying mitch marsh's innings turned the tied and made us lose this. Should of won that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last time Stoinis plays for Australia, surely. Would have been better with another batsman instead of four all rounders.

Cutting should be the permanent number 7 in our T20 side.

Maybe but his bowling is horrific. Don't mind the idea though. Someone like Agar wouldn't be a bad idea as the spinner too.

Maybe but his bowling is horrific. Don't mind the idea though. Someone like Agar wouldn't be a bad idea as the spinner too.
Cutting wouldn't bowl unless the others were getting pounded. Gun T20 slogger though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

David Warner
Aaron Finch
Steve Smith
Chris Lynn
Glenn Maxwell
Matthew Wade (+)
Ben Cutting
James Faulkner
Ashton Agar/Pat Cummins
Mitchell Starc
Nathan Coulter-Nile
12th - Mitch Marsh

Most digs Wade would probably drop below Cutting and Faulkner tbh. Lots of good options not even in the team above like Shaun Marsh and Cameron White.

Does Stoinis now take over as the worst to ever play for Australia in international cricket in any form of the game? Or does that dubious honour still belong to Bryce McGain?

Does Stoinis now take over as the worst to ever play for Australia in international cricket in any form of the game? Or does that dubious honour still belong to Bryce McGain?

There have been a few others too, but McGain takes the cake, what an abysmal selection!

Maybe T20 but have another Shield season like last year and he'll play again.

Well he is in the ODI squad so fair to say you will see him again very shortly...

Some very harsh words given he wasn't exactly on his own, all the medium pacers got tonked, but then again Mitch Marsh is the greatest all rounder ever if you believe bigfooty so I suppose he gets a let off for getting smashed and not even being able to score at better than a run a ball in a T20...

Well he is in the ODI squad so fair to say you will see him again very shortly...

Some very harsh words given he wasn't exactly on his own, all the medium pacers got tonked, but then again Mitch Marsh is the greatest all rounder ever if you believe bigfooty so I suppose he gets a let off for getting smashed and not even being able to score at better than a run a ball in a T20...
I agree, the criticism of Stoinis is a bit over the top. It was one game in which a lot of people failed to cover themselves in glory. But I do think some people feel he is not international quality and won't change their minds unless he delivers something spectacular.

I don't know if he will or won't make it, but I was suitably impressed by his season last year.

As kind of a side note to this, Mitch Marsh has looked absolutely terrible in every international innings he's played this tour. It's not even that he's only struggling a little bit either; he's looked like a number 8 at best out there: hard hands, nervous as hell when the ball's moving around and a grand total of one innings that wasn't a complete disaster. You would have thought that last night, playing the only format in which he's a better-than-average cricketer, he would've done better, but instead we just get more of the same.

But then again, this is a bloke who has averaged more than 25 in a Shield season exactly once in his life, so I guess you get what you pay for...

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back