No Oppo Supporters Re-signing Tex, Danger and Sloane *** Crows Only ***

Your thoughts on Dangerfield?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Also 3 going to Geelong and 3 going to Collingwood including two top ten young midfielders. Can someone explain where they are going to get picks/players to appease those other clubs in order for trades to happen.
Most supporters are absolutely sure we won't match & danger will only be on $800K pa not to upset selwood.

Makes perfect sense... For a cats suppprter. ;)

Then they are also getting Henderson, s selwood, luenberger/kreuzer. Some even think treloar!

Forgetting about the salary cap for a second, where are they going to get all this trade value from? Delusional at best.

I had a look a their list a few weeks ago and I would hate to be in their position. Not only do they have 10 players over 30 on their list, but there would have to be some big concerns that Tom Hawkins looks shot and Mitch Clarke has been a bust and could potentially retire again and move back to Perth.

Essentially their whole back line is comprised of senior players over 30 and with the concerns over Hawkins and Clarke they also have a very suspect forward line as well.

It's going to take more than recruiting Scott Selwood, Danger and Henderson to bring this team back from the abyss.

I admire their optimism on the condition of their list, however it is highly likely to become a very average side very quickly. I think what is saving Geelong from the wrath of the media, is everyone is cautious because of their recent success.

Quick talent check

1st Rounders: 14, Over 30 or turn 30 next year 5
2nd Rounders: 8, Over 30 or Turn 30 next year 2
3rd Rounders and Over including upgraded rookies: 18

Bottom line this is a sign of a massive talent pool drain in Geelong that will see them go backwards.

Impressive considering you missed the first 500 odd pages :p

I still think I'm ahead. 179 posts and I didn't start posting in this thread until page 978!

Sadly there was no drinking involved in my posting. I'm just a sad, sad man! :)

Edit: No, I think Runnin' Blue still has me beat. 700+ posts is almost my total post count! :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You think board members get involved in that s**t? I doubt many board members have much interaction with individual players, except maybe Roo. Regardless I find it hard to believe that a professional person would not be "on speaking terms" with anyone. That's quite childish.
I reckon this is rubbish too but don't assume that professional people always act professionally. It is plausible. The main problem that I see with this is if it was true this type of rumour would be leaking out all over the place. I doubt that the board would know what danger is doing. Once they all know the cat is out of the bag

My favorite comment on last nights FC was Barrett's "The footy industry believes Dangerfield will go to Geelong."

Close second was his massive backflip on Woosha. In fact that seemed unanimous. On Saturday (i.e. before we'd toweled up West Coast), the footy industry believed he was definitely coaching the Bombers in 2016. A mere formality, because "it just makes sense".

I don't know why it bothers me, but it does.

If there's any decent snippets from Dangers radio interview would be great if someone posted it.

Not really--gave the usual answers about tuning out the noise and just focusing on the footy at hand.

A colleague went to school with a current employee of the Geelong 2nd's team.

Texted him about player moves and he got back saying Selwood to cats is a lock, and Danger situation is very much dependent on the missus. Nothing groundbreaking.

A colleague went to school with a current employee of the Geelong 2nd's team.

Texted him about player moves and he got back saying Selwood to cats is a lock, and Danger situation is very much dependent on the missus. Nothing groundbreaking.
They are now claiming Partick and Mardi are expecting a child. Gotta love all the rumors coming out of Geelong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back