What's going on with Brad Hill?

Remove this Banner Ad

Was Rubbish in the first quarter. Has to get those Dinky little kicks out of his game.
Maybe at Quarter time Clarko told him there were box hill boys waiting for his position, because he at least looked interested after that and did do some hard running and some other good things. Maybe the turning point?

Great to get Brad back into some form, however lets put this into perspective we played a rabble and anyone can dominate when the skiing is down hill.

The test will come in 2 weeks and if these 2 games can get Hill back to his best then I'll be doing hand stands.

Last edited:
Great to get Brad back into some form, however lets put this into perspective we played a rabble and anyone can dominate when the skiing is down hill.

The test will come in 2 weeks and if these 2 games can get Hill back to his best then I'll be doing hand stands.

Good think we're talking about Brad "Down" Hill

I'm pretty sure the test was playing in two consecutive Grand Finals, and he sure seemed to do OK in those games.

All years people cried about him not being able to tackle.... put his body on the line and wah wah wah on it went.

He flicked a switch in finals over the last two seasons. You'd have to think he will do it again.

I'm pretty sure the test was playing in two consecutive Grand Finals, and he sure seemed to do OK in those games.

All years people cried about him not being able to tackle.... put his body on the line and wah wah wah on it went.

He flicked a switch in finals over the last two seasons. You'd have to think he will do it again.

People keep bringing up past GF's and that's all and well and I'm a supporter of Bradley, I think he is a brilliant running machine however his output over the last 10 or so weeks has been very very poor. We need him firing no doubt but bringing up past years/matches really shouldn't be in the thoughts of people, players earn games on merits of their current performances.

People keep bringing up past GF's and that's all and well and I'm a supporter of Bradley, I think he is a brilliant running machine however his output over the last 10 or so weeks has been very very poor. We need him firing no doubt but bringing up past years/matches really shouldn't be in the thoughts of people, players earn games on merits of their current performances.
But his physicality in home and away seasons has always been a bit so so. His form generally has been good otherwise. This year is a bit different. Davo was responding to the discreet issue of his physicality

But his physicality in home and away seasons has always been a bit so so. His form generally has been good otherwise. This year is a bit different. Davo was responding to the discreet issue of his physicality

Davo is simply fos.. His postings should be signalled off with rainbows and fairies.

I expect Hill to lift a keg for sure, when he's in full flight the kid is unbelievable to watch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Davo is simply fos.. His postings should be signalled off with rainbows and fairies.

I expect Hill to lift a keg for sure, when he's in full flight the kid is unbelievable to watch.

I don't know what "fos" means and I'm not going to ask!

I'm not supporting Brad Hill blindly: Hill has been good in 2 winning Grand Finals: that's the 2 biggest and most important games we've played in for the last 2 years.
And his stats show he's the No 1 for score involvements in the club, and pretty high in the AFL (top 5?).

Also, during these past 4-5 weeks when he's apparently been quiet, the coach always selects him.

Signal that off with rainbows and fairies!

I don't know what "fos" means and I'm not going to ask!

I'm not supporting Brad Hill blindly: Hill has been good in 2 winning Grand Finals: that's the 2 biggest and most important games we've played in for the last 2 years.
And his stats show he's the No 1 for score involvements in the club, and pretty high in the AFL (top 5?).

Also, during these past 4-5 weeks when he's apparently been quiet, the coach always selects him.

Signal that off with rainbows and fairies!

I think your full of s**t to put it bluntly. I have asked you multiple questions as I was genuinely interested in your thoughts and you ignored them, I asked who in your humble opinion is out of form? Anytime a poster calls out a player for lack of form and asks for alternatives you shut them down or belittle their posts with some antagonist line relating to past performances/grand finals/goals kicked/special game etc..

The best posters here love the club, they love the game and can look at performances of our players just as objectively as they do others however each time you post it's always predictable and one eyed. You pretty much ignore me when I call you out or ask for an opinion.

I remember the day when sometimes you had to give one of your teammates a whack behind the ear to get the best out of them. Maybe, Brad is one of those. He certainle played better after Chip's high five, that hit him in the eye.:rainbow:- for those who like rainbows. Id, it is my brand new Thai granddaughter's nick name.

Hill gets injured against Fremantle (a game in which he got 16 possessions) and his return game he gathers 24 against Carlton. He then had three quite games against Richmond (where our mids were terrible and he was tagged), West Coast (who tagged him and he came back into the game in the second half and was instrumental in our win) and Geelong. He visibly tried hard against Port but was not very effective and our mids were well beaten which always deprives the outside players of football. He then played a good game against the lions. I think people are making too much of a handful of quiet games. His season stats are in ling with last year and he has actually kicked more goals with at least 3 games left.

I remember the day when sometimes you had to give one of your teammates a whack behind the ear to get the best out of them. Maybe, Brad is one of those. He certainle played better after Chip's high five, that hit him in the eye.:rainbow:- for those who like rainbows. Id, it is my brand new Thai granddaughter's nick name.
Roughead is one who I reckon needs to get fired up to play his best.

Hill is a confidence player like Buddy. His output snowballs as he does things well and crumbles when he messes up.

He racked up some good numbers on Saturday and kicked a goal so he'll be feeling pretty good going into the Carlton game where he should again get the chance to feel like "the man".

Hill gets injured against Fremantle (a game in which he got 16 possessions) and his return game he gathers 24 against Carlton. He then had three quite games against Richmond (where our mids were terrible and he was tagged), West Coast (who tagged him and he came back into the game in the second half and was instrumental in our win) and Geelong. He visibly tried hard against Port but was not very effective and our mids were well beaten which always deprives the outside players of football. He then played a good game against the lions. I think people are making too much of a handful of quiet games. His season stats are in ling with last year and he has actually kicked more goals with at least 3 games left.

Disagree with your assessment of Hill in the Port game.

I think the problem is that he really needs a plan B. I think, much like Suckling, he defaults to "Get ball, think later", so if his space is shut down he does dinky circles until the opposition close enough to spoil.

I know we're not a great team for "bang it long down the line", but if there are no better options, it's better than "turn it over at half-back"

I think your full of s**t to put it bluntly. I have asked you multiple questions as I was genuinely interested in your thoughts and you ignored them, I asked who in your humble opinion is out of form? Anytime a poster calls out a player for lack of form and asks for alternatives you shut them down or belittle their posts with some antagonist line relating to past performances/grand finals/goals kicked/special game etc..

The best posters here love the club, they love the game and can look at performances of our players just as objectively as they do others however each time you post it's always predictable and one eyed. You pretty much ignore me when I call you out or ask for an opinion.

Okay, tige, I accept your assessment that I'm not a good poster by your standards.

But what's wrong with my assessment above of Bradley Hill?

Good post. You're right about the WC game. And in a way that shows that he is quite impressive to turn that pressure around.

I also think some posters predicted an improvement for Hill if Langers came back. Just one game but posters were vindicated. Pretty hard being an outside runner if your insiders are getting smashed.

but bringing up past years/matches really shouldn't be in the thoughts of people, players earn games on merits of their current performances.

You might want to re-read my post. It's absolutely 100 per cent relevant to point out that people were saying the exact same sort of things previous to those final series.

Whether you believe he has been playing like crap, is massively down, needs to lift a gear or whatever.... by ignoring his demonstrated ability to lift when required means you are kind of missing the point.

You might want to re-read my post. It's absolutely 100 per cent relevant to point out that people were saying the exact same sort of things previous to those final series.

Whether you believe he has been playing like crap, is massively down, needs to lift a gear or whatever.... by ignoring his demonstrated ability to lift when required means you are kind of missing the point.

So Spangher gets a game by default ahead of Chip because he played well in the finals?

So Spangher gets a game by default ahead of Chip because he played well in the finals?

That is an interesting idea you have come up with there. Where did I compare Hill to anyone, and did Spangher player in both our GF wins?

Ridiculous suggestion, I said nothing even close to that.

Don't straw man me, don't try to change your argument, and don't ignore the logic presented without having something close to coherent to counter it with.

That is an interesting idea you have come up with there. Where did I compare Hill to anyone, and did Spangher player in both our GF wins?

Ridiculous suggestion, I said nothing even close to that.

Don't straw man me, don't try to change your argument, and don't ignore the logic presented without having something close to coherent to counter it with.

Spangher played extremely well during last years finals series, he was also great on GF day and during the finals as important as Hill. Like Hill, Spang has the runs on the board, does that automatically suggest he should play this coming finals series?

Some would suggest the Hartung should be playing full games ahead of Hill based on form, my point is very valid and comparison of Spang and Hill appropriate. I am in support of Hill, I love him however his output and form has been lacking for long durations of the season. You can't simply select players because they have played good footy in previous years, the world doesn't work like that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back