MFC Fans Only Non-Dees AFL discussion - 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Underwhelming is bad. Overwhelming is also bad. Whelmed is to be engulfed or buried, so not great either. After overing and undering in equal measure, in the end AFL thoroughly whelmed Blease.

#RestInBlease
Whelm, whelm, whelm what do we have here?

#Bleasereleasemeletmego

I saw more from Blease that I ever saw from Strauss. At least Blease was lightning quick, which was exciting.

Don't blame you for wiping that from your memory. Worst pick in the history of the world.

I remember his one fleeting NAB Cup appearance. Could easily have been as good as Dawes.

And we'll never see a Butcher / Cook forward combination. Pity.

I saw more from Blease that I ever saw from Strauss. At least Blease was lightning quick, which was exciting.

I know it says 'MFC fans only' - so I thought I would comment:)
But.. IMO neither Blease or Strauss had an inside game. Not only that, Strauss had other deficiencies, he lacked awareness, was slow to put the ball to foot, and Blease ran TOO quick, so quick he forgot to actually think what to do. I won't knock Melbourne for taking Watts, and I won't knock them for taking Tapscott, but taking Blease, Strauss, Cook and Gysberts where Melbourne took them - was silly. Silly then, silly now. I would add Toumpas to that. I understand that might frustrate a few people, hearing that from an Essendon supporter. I get that. Thanks guys.

Last edited:
But.. IMO neither Blease or Strauss had an inside game. Not only that, Strauss had other deficiencies, he lacked awareness, was slow to put the ball to foot, and Blease ran TOO quick, so quick he forget to actually think what to do. I won't knock Melbourne for taking Watts, and I won't knock them for taking Tapscott, but taking Blease, Strauss, Cook and Gysberts where Melbourne took them - was silly. Silly then, silly now. I would add Toumpas to that. I understand that might frustrate a few people, hearing that from an Essendon supporter. I get that. Thanks guys.

Wont find too many people arguing that

Wont find too many people arguing that

You've got it right lately though. Brayshaw, Hogan, Salem, Viney, Petracca. That is a good base. I am envious of your list, even if the Dees aren't getting the results, I think they will down the track. Anyway, cheers guys.

But.. IMO neither Blease or Strauss had an inside game. Not only that, Strauss had other deficiencies, he lacked awareness, was slow to put the ball to foot, and Blease ran TOO quick, so quick he forget to actually think what to do. I won't knock Melbourne for taking Watts, and I won't knock them for taking Tapscott, but taking Blease, Strauss, Cook and Gysberts where Melbourne took them - was silly. Silly then, silly now. I would add Toumpas to that. I understand that might frustrate a few people, hearing that from an Essendon supporter. I get that. Thanks guys.

Tapscott was a reach too imo. What was his position? Was never proven as a mid at u-18 level, and only hit the scoreboard in the u18 champs because of his relative size/strength (had no pace or endurance). We had 4 of the 1st 18 picks and look at the bloke who went at 20. Grrrrrrr.

Pitiful drafting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tapscott was a reach too imo. What was his position? Was never proven as a mid at u-18 level, and only hit the scoreboard in the u18 champs because of his relative size/strength (had no pace or endurance). We had 4 of the 1st 18 picks and look at the bloke who went at 20. Grrrrrrr.

Pitiful drafting.

Yeah, but he could kick like a mule, and resembled a young Paul Chapman, at least that is how I remember him during the champs. He did push forward, and looked a goal sneak, actually looked like a versatile type. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. He actually turned out a slug, robotic, and not very good. I wouldn't of seen that coming, that is why I didn't add Tapscott to the list of silly picks. Plus, he was built, they others were under developed, needed a lot of work - yet were still taken early. I just think Melbourne were hinging far too many variables to fall their way with those picks (Cook, Gysberts, Strauss and Blease).

Yeah, but he could kick like a mule, and resembled a young Paul Chapman, at least that is how I remember him during the champs. He did push forward, and looked a goal sneak, actually looked like a versatile type. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. He actually turned out a slug, robotic, and not very good. I wouldn't of seen that coming, that is why I didn't add Tapscott to the list of silly picks. Plus, he was built, they others were under developed, needed a lot of work - yet were still taken early. I just think Melbourne were hinging far too many variables to fall their way with those picks (Cook, Gysberts, Strauss and Blease).

Yeah Tappy looked like he could be a very capable HFF in the U18s and then played pretty well in the backline in his first season
We could just never get him involved in the game for long enough to be able to use his kicking and strength

Just on Tappy, he looked really good when he played early in his career. Beautiful long kick, very strong, aggressive. Unfortunately being so big meant athletically he was garbage, and he wasn't a guy who could find the ball often enough.

Just on Tappy, he looked really good when he played early in his career. Beautiful long kick, very strong, aggressive. Unfortunately being so big meant athletically he was garbage, and he wasn't a guy who could find the ball often enough.

I reckon he could have been a pretty good player. Just didn't help that he was drafted here while we had garbage people running the club, and that when he got here he fell in with the likes of Sylvia and Moloney. I reckon that'd have screwed up many a talented player.

Would be some combination of fascinating and sickening to look into a crystal ball and seen what would have happened to our players at other clubs and gun players at this club.

I reckon he could have been a pretty good player. Just didn't help that he was drafted here while we had garbage people running the club, and that when he got here he fell in with the likes of Sylvia and Moloney. I reckon that'd have screwed up many a talented player.

Would be some combination of fascinating and sickening to look into a crystal ball and seen what would have happened to our players at other clubs and gun players at this club.

Its why I don't care that we didn't draft NN over Watts. Can you imagine NN at Melbourne? Dear god.

Its why I don't care that we didn't draft NN over Watts. Can you imagine NN at Melbourne? Dear god.

Yes, he'd have hung himself with his own dreadlocks before Neeld's tenure was out. Would have turned out worse than Jake Spencer.

You have to look at our drafting in the context of where the players were rated as juniors.

Tappy was thought to go at a fair spot. Blease too. Strauss was a reach. Gysberts and Cook too.

But not all reaches are bad. Pendlebury was rated a 20-30 pick by many.

You have to look at our drafting in the context of where the players were rated as juniors.

Tappy was thought to go at a fair spot. Blease too. Strauss was a reach. Gysberts and Cook too.

But not all reaches are bad. Pendlebury was rated a 20-30 pick by many.

I remember our recruiters were over the moon that Gysberts lasted till pick 12.

I remember our recruiters were over the moon that Gysberts lasted till pick 12.

I wanted Talia... probably have flubbed him up as a player.

Gysberts did okay for himself in 2010/11. Another one who just went to s**t post-Neeld.

Strauss probably wouldn't have broken his leg and would be the new Matt Suckling. Tapscott and Blease would be 50+ goal forwards like Stringer.

And Fyfe would be a skinny runt playing for Casey.

:rainbow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back