19. Gresham
20. Rice <-- carlton academy

Aug 7, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Rams, 76's, Brewers
People said the same about Fyfe
He was this tall lanky forward with elite marking..
Worst kick in the draft and his endurance was pretty average, barely even played midfield till he got to Freo..
And Now....
True. This kid Curnow aint close to being lanky though. He's like a brick outhouse.

Oct 24, 2008
Mermaid Beach
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers
True. This kid Curnow aint close to being lanky though. He's like a brick outhouse.
I always worry when an under age player is built bigger than his opponents, they can bully at that level but are just another guy at AFL level, I much prefer the skinny kid that reads the play and you can build up

Aug 7, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Rams, 76's, Brewers
I always worry when an under age player is built bigger than his opponents, they can bully at that level but are just another guy at AFL level, I much prefer the skinny kid that reads the play and you can build up
I prefer Parish at 3 if we want an out and out midfielder. Curnow is a risk at 3, but high risk, high return they say. He is explosive and his pack marking when out of position is good. He doesn't bully as such. His combine results will be interesting.

Aug 7, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Rams, 76's, Brewers
francis vs curnow?
50-50 at the moment. Francis played his first game in a month on Saturday against a strong Port Adelaide. He looked dangerous and booted 2 first half goals and didn't reappear after half time. That's far better guide than TAC, but yesterday's game with the Stingrays was low scoring and contested. It was Curnow that stood up booted 3 and put the game to bed. Francis against Port this week in the finals will be a better guide.

Aug 2, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
Our only problem is.. We have pick 3 instead of 6!!
If we had 6 Parish and Francis would be gone we'd have no problem picking Curnow.

Its s good problem to have really

Parish will probably play reserves in 2016 wherever he goes.. I think he weighs mid 70kg
Francis and Curnow could play first year.
we need players playing now

Aug 7, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Rams, 76's, Brewers
We don't desperately need marquee, franchise players like others as we have Ablett returning, O'Meara, Prestia and Swallow hopefully all fit. Our issue is depth and that 16-22 part of our list. The draft is not as strong as previous years, but there are enough good kids to fill that gap on our list. We'll get a beauty at 3 and 2 good players at 20-25. If we get a pick around 10 for Charlie, we'll get another really good boy.
If Charlie leaves, we could replace him with Weideman, McKay or Burton and develop them around that pick.

Experimental

Norm Smith Medallist
May 20, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
Were worrying about pick 3 yet truth be told someone outside of the top 15 will probably be as good as player as any of the top 3..
Just got to pick the right kid.
Was listening to the Cal Twomey/Nat Edwards podcast in the car and he said Schache and Weitering and clear number 1 or 2 picks, but picks 3 - 15 or so are completely unpredictable. Very interesting!

Experimental

Norm Smith Medallist
May 20, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
Essendon will take Parish if available.
Yep, that's what Cal and Nat said too. Ignoring the academy factor, Cal said that Cal Mills is easily number 3, but due to the Swans 100% picking him up, Parish slots into three.

Is Parish a player we need? I don't really follow the draft super closely to know the intricacies of each player, so I'm wondering if anyone can tell me which current AFL player he resembles? He's not another classy outside mid is he?

Corkie

Premiership Player
Aug 6, 2013
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Gold Coast United
http://footyprophet.com/paiges-afl-draft-board-august-edition

If you have 5mins spare check out Paige Cardona's latest draft rankings. She really knows her stuff.

If we end up with pick 3, we must take Parish. The kid is an A grade midfielder in the making, and gives us cover should we lose Prestia or O'Meara in the future. Just too good to pass on.

Jan 17, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Patriots/Colts
http://footyprophet.com/paiges-afl-draft-board-august-edition

If you have 5mins spare check out Paige Cardona's latest draft rankings. She really knows her stuff.

If we end up with pick 3, we must take Parish. The kid is an A grade midfielder in the making, and gives us cover should we lose Prestia or O'Meara in the future. Just too good to pass on.
Parish is some speed and class we need in our midfield. I really hope we don't pass on him.

Aug 7, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Rams, 76's, Brewers
Yep, that's what Cal and Nat said too. Ignoring the academy factor, Cal said that Cal Mills is easily number 3, but due to the Swans 100% picking him up, Parish slots into three.

Is Parish a player we need? I don't really follow the draft super closely to know the intricacies of each player, so I'm wondering if anyone can tell me which current AFL player he resembles? He's not another classy outside mid is he?
Has developed a nice inside game. Plenty of scouts have him in front of Mills. If we can somehow score his inseperable mate Matheson, then the return home factor disappears.

Aug 7, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Rams, 76's, Brewers
Back