Running Thread - Join our Strava Club!

Remove this Banner Ad

Wonderland - Ran the 20km course & left the 36km run for the big boys. First 10 kms was basically a climb that included stairs, scurrying up rocks etc & plenty of single file stuff. The back end was a pretty tricky downhill before flatting out a few kms out.
Winning time was 1:42, l stopped the clock with 2:13 (34th of 224). Body feels good apart from left knee ITB soreness.

Wonderland - Ran the 20km course & left the 36km run for the big boys. First 10 kms was basically a climb that included stairs, scurrying up rocks etc & plenty of single file stuff. The back end was a pretty tricky downhill before flatting out a few kms out.
Winning time was 1:42, l stopped the clock with 2:13 (34th of 224). Body feels good apart from left knee ITB soreness.
Nice work! From all reports was a pretty awesome event! Hopefully I'll get there next year

We made a family weekend & stayed Friday & Saturday night. Will do Sunday next year too for a few frothies. Was a fantastic event. Check out their Facebook page if you haven't already. Great pics.

You both know Les Corson? Did an ankle for a DNF.

We made a family weekend & stayed Friday & Saturday night. Will do Sunday next year too for a few frothies. Was a fantastic event. Check out their Facebook page if you haven't already. Great pics.

You both know Les Corson? Did an ankle for a DNF.

Yeah Les did his ankle. That's got to be disappointing.

I'll have to try and get up there next year and join you with those frothies.

Funny story. Told the missus I'd be around 2.5 - 3 hours. I surprisingly was well under that. With a km to go l had to pull out the phone & called her to say I was nearly done. She was still at our accomodation & made it to the finish line for me to high five the kids in under 5 minutes. Think her last km was faster than mind. Lol

Not sure there were to many other entrants making calls while running?

Last edited:
Pulling up really sore from a 4km walk is not my idea of a fun Sunday :(
On the positive though being the first running event I'd ever done I thought I'd stick around for a while to watch the marathon finish line. Man, I've never seen something so emotional before. From the people who would power through the line to the guy who had to be carried by two other guys who gave up the last km of their race to carry this guy over the line. When he got right near the line the crowd went nuts (cheering and clapping) and everyone was brought to tears. Amazing stuff which I never thought off when I'd thought of a marathon finish line.

Wow that is awesome. :thumbsu:
Yep, Ashley Bennett....he's awesome, really nice guy. He's got enough bloody pairs of the things, he wins just about every event he enters...

I've read lots of reports from people who really struggled....it sounds like the 37km was absolutely brutal. Some seriously good runners completely worn down by it...i am so in for next year!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No running for me this week me thinks. ITB giving me grief from the weekend. Don't know what to do about it. Forking out dollars to get the thing rubbed out every few weeks, foam rolling, stretching. Rest might be only option. Very frustrated.

i know a few that are, or have done the SCC and the Buffalo Stampede....i'd love to have a crack at a 100k'er....but need a few more mara's under my belt, then a couple of 50-60's then maybe have a look....A running buddy of mine did the SCC 100 last year on no training runs longer than 30k. Ok, he's a freak, but still

This a run report from Nick, who did the Buffalo Stampede earlier this year, just did Wonderland, and is doing SCC 100k in 3 weeks....very VERY good runner. Annoyingly, an incredibly nice guy aswell...

http://intothewhiteblog.blogspot.com.au/2015/04/buffalo-stampede-ultra-skymarathon.html

This is killing me. 10kms for the week. Been 60km + for a while now. Physio appointment tomorrow. Hope to get back on track.

Looking for the next event too. Need to register for something to keep focused on a goal. Melb marathon might be a logistical challenge.

This is killing me. 10kms for the week. Been 60km + for a while now. Physio appointment tomorrow. Hope to get back on track.

Looking for the next event too. Need to register for something to keep focused on a goal. Melb marathon might be a logistical challenge.
Whens the Melb marathon?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back