News Hartigan signs for 2

Apr 28, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Arsenal, West Adelaide
http://www.afc.com.au/adelaidecrows/news/2015-09-01/kyle-commits-to-crows

Young defender Kyle Hartigan has signed a new two-year deal, keeping him at Adelaide until at least the end of 2017.

Hartigan was recruited by the Crows with pick No.14 in the 2012 Rookie Draft. The 23-year-old made his debut in Round 18, 2013, and was promoted to the senior list for the 2014 season.

He’s played 25 career games, including 15 this year.

Hartigan said he was enjoying his football at West Lakes and didn’t hesitate to sign on.

“I am thrilled to be able to continue my time at the Club,” Hartigan said.

“I am really enjoying playing with a developing young backline and with some hard work I think team success is just around the corner.”

Hartigan played one of the best games in his short career against West Coast on Sunday.

The promising backman held Eagles star Jack Darling goalless for only the second time this year.

Aug 4, 2004
on planet Crow
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
36ers
Interesting move by the club, but worth it. We don't have a replacement for him so locking him in now is a good idea. 2 years is a good set of time. Will probably get him to around 70 games which will give us a good idea if he will make it or not.

Sensible list management there.

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Not an overly exciting re-signing, but good to have him locked away. Either he improves some more and becomes a handy player, or we have him available as a back-up if we get a better second key defender.

Jarman3

Premiership Player
Oct 22, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Interesting move by the club, but worth it. We don't have a replacement for him so locking him in now is a good idea. 2 years is a good set of time. Will probably get him to around 70 games which will give us a good idea if he will make it or not.

Sensible list management there.

Yeah, he's not an A grader like Talia or Lever, but he usually gets the job done. And in terms of team structure, like you say, we don't really have another replacement for him, physically. Guys like Otten, Shaw, Cheney can play down back but they're not really big enough to play on the real big gorillas.

His problem is that when he has a bad game, it tends to be a real stinker. I suspect that's a mental thing... if he makes a few mistakes early his confidence drops and the rest of the game can be a bit ordinary. If he can improve his consistency he'll be a much better player

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Iam saying that Hartigan is a liability......but till next season he has to play (unfortunately) because you're right Lever is not physically to play CHB against finalists .....nor IMO is Hartigan mentally

Don't expect to see Hartigan much next season all you Hartigan lovers .......who by the way will very quickly turn

AS Lever is keeping Shaw out this season ....so Lever moving to CHB will open up the hole for Shaw

I want Shaw because:
1. He's a quick 193cm player who can play tall or small
2. He can play BP, CHB, Wing, HFF
3. He knows when to leave his player to be 3rd man up
Crickets........

Harris Pilton

All Australian
Aug 5, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Onya Kyle. I like this young man. He has a looming presence and is growing into his role. Getting better each week, becoming an important part of our defensive structure. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

knobby

Premiership Player
Sep 24, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
South Adelaide Panthers
Great comeback this season after it looked like he was on the outer after the Bulldogs game

Stringer did make him look bad but he (Stringer) has done that to better backmen as well this year. Will be a difficult match up in future games

Jul 17, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
Well deserved and a fantastic shot of confidence leading into finals.

I'm not anti Shaw or Cheney by any stretch but Hartigan plays a different position that those guys can't so this is an astute signing. Same for Otten though I don't rate him much (unless he's magically come back better post this reco). Even Lever looks more a dominating 3rd tall/loose man option.

I'd still go for a mature KPD back up like Hartley in case of injury but for now Hartigan is best 22 (unless we play a midget forward line).

Back