Changes vs Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Of importance Welllingham, Emac and Schoey would be in the top 5.
Masten in top 10-20
Duggan in 20-25.

Even just Wellingham and Schoey would have made a massive difference to that game.
Lol. Wellingham in our top 5 most important players?

Naitanui
Shuey
Gov
Kennedy
Emac

are all more important than Schoefield

Naitanui
Shuey
Gov
Kennedy
Emac
Hurn
Lecras
Gaff
Priddis

are all more important than Wellingham

Anyway thats not the point. Comparing Masten, Schoefield, Duggan, Wellingham & Emac to Danger, Tex, Jacobs, Talia & Sloane is laughable.

Naitanui
Shuey
Gov
Kennedy
Emac

Naitanui
Shuey
Gov
Kennedy
Emac
Hurn
Lecras
Gaff
Priddis

Anyway thats not the point. Comparing Masten, Schoefield, Duggan, Wellingham & Emac to Danger, Tex, Jacobs, Talia & Sloane is laughable.

Haha i was looking at it all wrong.

Outs
Barrass, Is going to be very good for us and showed a bit but not really needed against Saints if we get Schofield back.
McGinnity - I personally don't mind this guy but last week did show why he is in and out, this week out.
Ellis - Was a bit off last week, could be sorenes could just have been off but I think he needs a week out.
Hill - This guy is up and down like a yo yo probably better suited to a team like North Melb or Richmond that are the same.

In
Schoey - Obvious reason
Masten - See above
Wellingham - Should be right to go as a straight swap for Ellis
Butler - Helps bring Yeo into midfield/forward role.

Outside change, Maybe Scooter for Muzz as Sub cover.

Provided no real injuries- I don't think we can afford to think this is in the bag and rest anyone, and given our year, they'd probably injure themselves playing FIFA or something. :(

In: schofield, wellingham, butler, Masten

Out: barrass, Newman, Ellis ( rested), bennell/mcginnity

Hill survives by means of his previous 2 weeks.

All the outs are unlucky, but we need to get some touch into schofield & butler before finals.

Provided no real injuries- I don't think we can afford to think this is in the bag and rest anyone, and given our year, they'd probably injure themselves playing FIFA or something. :(

In: schofield, wellingham, butler, Masten

Out: barrass, Newman, Ellis ( rested), bennell/mcginnity

Hill survives by means of his previous 2 weeks.

All the outs are unlucky, but we need to get some touch into schofield & butler before finals.

Ellis was shocking, but needs to be played just for continuity.

Anyway he had plenty of time off earlier in the year so he doesn't need a rest!

He's best 22 - but he does do some shocking things. Sometimes his reputation supersedes his output.

Ellis was shocking, but needs to be played just for continuity.

Anyway he had plenty of time off earlier in the year so he doesn't need a rest!

He's best 22 - but he does do some shocking things. Sometimes his reputation supersedes his output.
I wasn't sure how to word him as an out- It wasn't the usual reliable Ellis we had come to know, so wondered if he was sore, or his errors just magnified by our lack of pressure around the ground. Maybe a good sub option?

Definetly believe he is best 22, would like him as fresh as possible heading into week 1 of the finals.

Naitanui
Shuey
Gov
Kennedy
Emac

Naitanui
Shuey
Gov
Kennedy
Emac
Hurn
Lecras
Gaff
Priddis

True good point

Imagine if Gov was one of those permainjured players like Butler or Ellis.

We may never see him play a full season for us.

Fml

Nah he just needs to hit the weights and get some sun. Gov is made of rice pudding currently so the injuries aren't surprising.

EDIT
Hmm...I see I am a day late.

For mine there no need to hit the panic button over crows loss

If the blokes coming are not 100% fit don't risk them

Play a 100% fit side this week ...rest anyone for the week after

We will beat saints .....

Outs
McGinnity - I personally don't mind this guy but last week did show why he is in and out, this week out.
Ellis - Was a bit off last week, could be sorenes could just have been off but I think he needs a week out.
Hill - This guy is up and down like a yo yo probably better suited to a team like North Melb or Richmond that are the same.

Agree mostly with these sentiments - but after 80 games or so McG looks like his is only ever going to be a depth player. But can't fault his desire.
As for Hill - a great player is one who plays well in a losing side. I don't ever see Hill doing this. If you could combine McG's determination with Hill's skill ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out: Bennell, McGinnity, Barrass
In: Schofield, Butler, Masten

B: Butler Schofield Hurn
HB: Ellis McGovern Shepperd
C: Gaff Priddis Masten
HF: Hutchings Darling Lecras
FF: Hill Kennedy Cripps
F: Naitanui Yeo Schuey

I: Sheed, Sinclair, Newman, Rosa
E: Barrass

I wouldn't mind Rosa to sub - pretty flexible option if we think we might need to pull Gov or Schoey at some stage for management and Newman probably deserves a full run at it before finals. I'm pretty much accepting that Yeo will rotate through the back 6 a fair chunk of the game. Nelson could maybe be a smokey to come in too if Buttman isn't right.

I don't think Newman is close to the best 22.

I don't mind him getting a run around as rotation every now and then but Rosa will be more valuable come finals. Newman didn't really do much at WAFL level to even get a gig, still has to prove himself a bit, when all our injured players come back over the next few weeks I see him, McGinnity and Barrass being the first people to leave.

Sounds like Wellingham and Schofield will miss , Kennedy might be rested reported last night also , needs a rest played every game with a dicky elbow !

Sounds like Wellingham and Schofield will miss , Kennedy might be rested reported last night also , needs a rest played every game with a dicky elbow !
Yeah when Simmo said there could be 5 changes, I didn't think he would bring 5 players back but assumed one or two would be rested. We are really tempting fate against the Saints. A win gets us 2 home finals, we should be treating it like a final.

Can't see us taking this lightly at all. Too much at stake.

Expect what Crows did us to be replicated this week by the Eagles on the St's

Gonna be ugly for those poor bastards.

Don't like the idea of resting Kennedy even if he could do with a rest. The win is absolutely imperative and resting one of our three most important players might imperil a win. Could be rested perhaps during the game if things are going well. Who would replace him, Lamb?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back