List Mgmt. 2015 Trade, Draft, Rookie Draft and FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What were peoples thoughts on Dan McKenzie before we drafted him , His skills by foot and hand ? And where do we see his best position going foward
I was hot to trot on Touk Miller, still am. I'm 50/50 on McKenzie, seems like an 'upside pick', where we hope he will become an AFL player.
If you add Hartung and Miller over Acres and McKenzie then our list is flying. I'm still annoyed that I wasn't listened too more!

Athletic, quick, tough, good hands and average to good kick. Small backman. If he keeps Geary out of the team we've upgraded in that position.
Don't see him being the quick outside mid/winger we are looking for ?

Don't see him being the quick outside mid/winger we are looking for ?

No I don't. I think he's best utilised in the back half. I like his work defensively and his reading of the play/intercept marking. I just don't see him as a natural mid.

Darcy Tucker at pick 6 is a bloody good pick if it happens, outstanding character, strong, left footer, beautiful skills, reminds me of Luke Hodge but a nicer player to watch. Has the ability to be just as good as him too. I saw a newly released mock draft today, had him way down the order, what a crock of s**t! He is seen industry wise as a 200 game player.

Scharenberg will be a good player, needs an injury free year. Sam Fisher will get another contract of $350k for one year, and he's worth every cent. Talk of him going onto the rookie list is a nonsense, he'd be snapped up by another club in the draft.

Not to gloat but I was laughed off this board when I suggested Lachie Hunter was someone id have in a heartbeat, you can see why now.

Have faith that we will get a Rolls Royce at our first pick, too many people in the AFL community looking for what this years crop can't do instead of what they do well. It's our second pick that is just as important as our first.

If Hunter nominated us (unlikely) do you think we'd give up our first or play hardball to try to keep it? Maybe our 2nd this year and next or something (any excuse for me to come up with more stupid hypothetical trades).

Athletic, quick, tough, good hands and average to good kick. Small backman. If he keeps Geary out of the team we've upgraded in that position.

I'm pretty sure he's not a backman.

If Hunter nominated us (unlikely) do you think we'd give up our first or play hardball to try to keep it? Maybe our 2nd this year and next or something (any excuse for me to come up with more stupid hypothetical trades).

I'm pretty sure he's not a backman.
They will not get Pick 6 for Hunter. No no no.

Injuries permitting, Sharenberg will be a very good player. I would love to get him to the Saints. I'd even give him 350-400k a year to pry him away from the filth.
Absolutely would too. Especially when we are giving the same amount to Chips next year. Put it this way, which one will be a premier defender of the competition throughout our next tilt at a flag?

What were peoples thoughts on Dan McKenzie before we drafted him , His skills by foot and hand ? And where do we see his best position going foward
Before Daniel became a Sainter, he was a bolter as I recall.
Had a fantastic Combine and shot up the pop charts due to his run, pressure and marking.

Reckon he's a wing/half-back flanker.

I fully expected two of Jarrod Garlett, Connor Blakely and Reece McKenzie to eventuate :eek:

If he had no injury issues, I'd offer that sort of money to extract Scharenberg without even hesitating. He is seriously good and a total "pro", who will just perform week, after week, after week, if his body allows it.

A very similar type to Sam Fisher. No fuss, just gets the job done to a very high level pretty much all the time.

As for Daniel McKenzie, I can see him potentially being our version of Easton Wood in a few years time, with his fantastic overhead intercept marking.

If we are keeping fish on what's that say for getting Carlisle? Sounds like we are out of that deal

Also could it mean we are moving on someone like Lee?
I'd say if we got Carlisle, Chips would play the sort of role he played last week, when we had Goddard and the likes of Dempster generally playing FB and CHB and Sam playing more on the flank, which freed him up to intercept and rebound more and get more of the pill.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DMac is a ripping kid, had some issues over pre season with bad migraines, I'm lucky enough to have never had them but those that have say how they knock the life out of you. That really set him back.
His form early was very good, has tired and had concussions second half of season. I think he has the tools to be a very, very nice wing/mid for us. We will look back and think Goddard and McKenzie at 21/22 was half luck, half masterstroke.

DMac is a ripping kid, had some issues over pre season with bad migraines, I'm lucky enough to have never had them but those that have say how they knock the life out of you. That really set him back.
His form early was very good, has tired and had concussions second half of season. I think he has the tools to be a very, very nice wing/mid for us. We will look back and think Goddard and McKenzie at 21/22 was half luck, half masterstroke.
Yes mate I suffered from migraines for 20 years nothing worse The pain was unbelievable

If that happens........ OMG... surely we can't pull this off... surely...
Bainsy and Trout, pls do your magic.
This would be glorious.

Curnow with that big body in the centre PLUS his x-factor and ability to go forward and kick goals
Gresham - dominating all levels. He is going to be a gun. Will be a good replacement for Monty I reckon (even though he's going to be very hard to replace). He's got good skill, speed and will provide a lot for us going forward.
Lovell - don't know too much about him but heard he gets about a 100 touches per game, add another accumulator at pick 34? Yes please.
Rice - Would be more than happy to have this bloke at the saints, but won't be mad at all if he chooses Carlton (probably a dumb move to go to Carlton, unless he really wants first team football and isn't willing to compete for his spot at the saints). He's got great skills, just a bit slow from what I've seen of him.

Would be happy to pick a slider or a KPP at pick 42. And pick 40-ish seems to be a very valuable pick.

Lovell is a ripper, I love the way he plays. He reminds me of Jack Steven.

DMac draft profile below. He has the tools to be a serious wingman who can drift forward or back where required as he is a great mark. Some people already mowing him down on here because he hasn't dominated in his first half dozen AFL games....pffft!

"Athletic midfielder with speed, endurance and agility. Versatile enough to play on small and tall opponents. Shows good game sense and awareness. Amassed 18 possessions and three marks at 89 per cent efficiency against Vic Country in NAB AFL Under-18 Championships. Finished second in the agility run (8.10 sec), third in running vertical jump (94cm), fourth in repeat sprint (24.02 sec) and equal-sixth the 3km time trial (10:07) at NAB AFL Draft Combine."

Injuries permitting, Sharenberg will be a very good player. I would love to get him to the Saints. I'd even give him 350-400k a year to pry him away from the filth.

I was a huge fan after watching him and Colquhoun tearing it up from half back as under agers for SA. He is a running back so probably not what we need but he is a super classy player in full flight. He just doesn't manage to get on the park. I was so pissed that the Pies grabbed Freeman and Scharenberg but so far they have been absolutely injury plagued.

I suffered from migraines for about 5 years after a car accident, I found the worst part was the following couple of days it was like getting over a concussion
Or like getting over a bottle Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back