Multiplat Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Aug 23, 2007
Bay 131 @ (Port) Adelaide Oval
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Magpies
So GB started downloading Mad Max on Steam and MGSV on PSN at the same time. Mad Max (24.6gb) finished while MGSV (25.1gb) was at 10%.

So those way back trying to tell me PSN speeds weren't totally fubar...

How much does it cost on PSN?

Aug 23, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Magpies
Best part about this game so far (Minor non-story spoiler)

View attachment 168559

I'VE GOT A ******* PUPPY! Had to shoot the little **** in the head to Fulton him out, but it was worth.

Can you shoot the horse? i must know this before i play in a couple of hours.

Aug 23, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Magpies
No idea, probably something exorbitant.

So you blindly purchased it to prove how slow it downloads off PSN?

Just checked and it's $99.95, so for $30 less you could've grabbed a physical copy and only had to worry about a 400 mb patch............

mickelboy182

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 30, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Denver Nuggets
So you blindly purchased it to prove how slow it downloads off PSN?

Just checked and it's $99.95, so for $30 less you could've grabbed a physical copy and only had to worry about a 400 mb patch............

No, you just read my post wrong. Wasn't talking from my own experience...

I'm playing it right now on PC which I paid 50 bucks for.

the prologue to me was stupid but never played the series so I assume I would love it if I did. really enjoying it so far done a few story missions more side missions. not the greatest at stealth try and run and gun to much but I love the world game is very polished my game of the year so far then until dawn

calyam

Norm Smith Medallist
May 9, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
the prologue to me was stupid but never played the series so I assume I would love it if I did. really enjoying it so far done a few story missions more side missions. not the greatest at stealth try and run and gun to much but I love the world game is very polished my game of the year so far then until dawn

I tend to agree. The prologue had its moments but it felt more like watching an hour long movie rather than an actual game. The game came into its own though once I got a horse and had the freedom to actually play the game.

Feb 13, 2007
Not practice
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Sam Hinkie
Really enjoying sniping in this game. Headshot a few then go get objective done. My mission ranks aren't great but I'm having fun so don't give a s**t
That's a lot of the fun of it, just doing s**t how you want to do it. Can always go back over missions at a later date and go for higher rankings.

Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man United, San Antonio Spurs
So can anyone give me an idea what this game is about? Is it 'select mission, go to it, complete it' and then move on? It's my first MGS game and I got it because it looked pretty good in the videos I watched.

Jun 3, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I've been a massive fan of this series.

Played the prologue and agree with a few people's assessments. If you haven't played the series before it's one big long "What the hell?". Awesome set pieces and some great tension but straight into the weirdness which I could imagine putting some people off.

I've only played 4 and don't remember the story at all and agree with your sentiments above. Total WTF. I'm sure it was cool for people in the know. I was just waiting for the actual game to start.

Back