Matthew Scharenberg

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
When Darcy was on sen he was asked who the biggest tight arse was at the club. We can now see why he said scharenburg!

If true, then he is looking for a way out of our club. Does not deserve this kind of money on what we have seen of him. I also hope we have not offered Aish a similar amount. Better to put these players on short term contracts for a modest salary until both prove their worth. Scharenberg hasn't even given glimpses of elite football qualities. I'd rather persevere with Oxley playing his role. Don't like the Scharenberg we view via media reports and don't think much of him as a player at AFL level. No more SA recruits please. So far we are looking at one certain success, Grundy, out of four SA recruits. Hopefully Freeman is not also going to push for big money on the basis of zero games and constant injury.

Probably a case of manager saying publicly that he wants 400k, hoping a rival club offers it (or say 350-380k) to him and then going back to Collingwood and threatening to leave unless they come to the table.

It has Alan Toovey written all over it.

Maybe that's what we're offering Aish though and they've been talking :S

Baffling if true, that a 3 game player has the audacity to demand such coin after 2 years of support and patience from the club.

Hopefully it's just his manager chest beating in the media to try and get a little bit more coin. If Adelaide is willing to pay him $400k off the back of 3 games they can have him.

Be interesting to hear what Aish, Bont and others in his draft are on for year 3.

I said earlier that if we offer Aish big $$, no doubt the berg would be seeking the same to stay.

Eddie on 360
About Traloar and Aish played a straight bat "were intersted, but no indication that they want to come to us, and if they want to come we still need to strike a deal with the clubs"
Was asked is it a struggle to keep Sharanberg?
Eddie said " no he is indicated he wants to stay , were in talks , we will get it done! Same with freeman"
Dont believe all the s**t guys on t.v As Collingwood supporters we all know Collingwood =ratings!

Eddie on 360
About Traloar and Aish played a straight bat "were intersted, but no indication that they want to come to us, and if they want to come we still need to strike a deal with the clubs"
Eddie said " no he is indicated he wants to stay , were in talks , we will get it done! Same with freeman"
Dont believe all the s**t guys on t.v As Collingwood supporters we all know Collingwood =ratings!
Did Ed say Scharenberg will be accused of the Kennedy shooting next?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We all know $400k is an ambit claim though which would most likely mean he's aiming for $300 to $350k a year (which is still too much) - I'd estimate we think $250 to $300k to be more appropriate.

This is how these things work.

Eddie on 360

I will take Eddies word over Channel 7 thanks.

Do people really believe he would demand such a salary????

I will take Eddies word over Channel 7 thanks.

Do people really believe he would demand such a salary????

Though Ed did not mention what salary he wants though

So there's Treloar, Aish, Motlop, Patty D, Carlisle, Kreuzer, Dixon, Yarran and probably a few others I can't think of off the top of my head, all out there testing the market....but the big news this week (the last time Collingwood is relevent for 2015 in media terms) is a rumour that a 3 gamer wants $400,000....thankyou manager thankyou ballboys!! Or a beat up started by KB about the Tigers gazumping the Pies for a midfielder....or another BOMBSHELL fired off by "Piggy" Dunstall that Clokey should be traded???

Seriously guys....are you gonna let the media machine dupe you all with BS.....it's Collingwood and they're desperate for a story!
Shazz's manager (from former player Alex McDonald's firm) is doing his job and using the media to try and get the price up....balls in your court now pies. I'll take whatever CFC choose to do, but seriously are we actually gonna worry about this?

When will people stop taking the footy media as "real" news?

I'd bear 2 scenarios in mind here;

1. The report is complete and utter BS....or

2. If it is true it was definitely linked by Collingwood to embarrass him and his manager - so may be exaggerated.
3. We know he's going & we've leaked the story to soften the blow for Pie Fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back