Courtney Dempsey Racial / Social Media Abuse

Remove this Banner Ad

No, you don't.

The very fact you think someone racially abusing him is a smokescreen is bloody sad.

It's possible. What relevance does the abuse on Sunday have to Dempsey's act on Saturday?

Disgusting.

Last edited:
It's possible. What relevance does the abuse on Sunday have to Dempsey's act on Saturday?

Disgusting.
None.

Mifsud raising it is every bit as cynical as you continuing to link them prior to the hearing.

They are two separate issues.

Mifsud has no place at that hearing. Should be told to GTFO.
I don't necessarily disagree in relation to Mifsud. I'd rather the two issues be kept completely separate.

But to accuse them of making the entire thing up is another thing altogether. Tin foil hats don't strike me as really being your thing, Ron.

Do police normally get involved in this sort of thing?

They often lack the resources to pursue more serious matters in a timely fashion.

I can't imagine that some silly internet trolls would rate too highly on the list of priorities in normal circumstances. Geez, they could have a whole taskforce dedicated to the CricInfo Facebook page when India is playing Australia.

Do police normally get involved in this sort of thing?

They often lack the resources to pursue more serious matters in a timely fashion.

I can't imagine that some silly internet trolls would rate too highly on the list of priorities in normal circumstances. Geez, they could have a whole taskforce dedicated to the CricInfo Facebook page when India is playing Australia.
Let alone Pakistan...

I don't really see why police need to get involved though. Let being made an example of publicly (as much as this publicity even really has, which is questionable) be punishment enough for the dude.

But to accuse them of making the entire thing up is another thing altogether. Tin foil hats don't strike me as really being your thing, Ron.

I don't necessarily think it's likely. Just possible.

They say Dempsey's a good person. We'll see.

Plenty of things are possible. It's possible my foot is actually my hand, I guess.

Sometimes, just occasionally, things are what they are too.

Well you know what they say about grandmas and balls

Has anyone NOT been the target of disgusting abuse online? Didn't see the tweet (lol * twitter) and I'm sure it was nasty and all and the person who tweeted it is a dick, but...why are footy players too good to be abused on the internet like a normal person?

Has anyone NOT been the target of disgusting abuse online? Didn't see the tweet (lol **** twitter) and I'm sure it was nasty and all and the person who tweeted it is a dick, but...why are footy players too good to be abused on the internet like a normal person?
Who says it's okay if a 'normal' person was to cop that sort of abuse?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It happens a billion times per day.
Right. That doesn't make it okay.

If someone with a bit more public profile wants to highlight the fact that some people turn to flat out racial and homophobic abuse (and that's not even mentioning the "kill yourself" bit) seemingly at the drop of a hat, almost as an instinctive reaction, then all the more power to them.

It needs to be stamped out.

Usually the police wouldn't waste their time unless there was a threat to life.
I mentioned nothing about the police.

Has anyone NOT been the target of disgusting abuse online? Didn't see the tweet (lol **** twitter) and I'm sure it was nasty and all and the person who tweeted it is a dick, but...why are footy players too good to be abused on the internet like a normal person?

You're aware of the amount of teenage girls (and boys, to a lesser extent) who commit suicide due to online bullying these days, right? It's not ok no matter who the victim is.

High profile incidents like this can serve to shine a spotlight on the issue. Dempsey has absolutely done the right thing by kicking up a stink.

Right. That doesn't make it okay.

If someone with a bit more public profile wants to highlight the fact that some people turn to flat out racial and homophobic abuse (and that's not even mentioning the "kill yourself" bit) seemingly at the drop of a hat, almost as an instinctive reaction, then all the more power to them.

If everyone who gets abused online gets the police onto it and the media covering it, the police and media will not have time for anything else.

It needs to be stamped out.

Good luck with that.

If everyone who gets abused online gets the police onto it and the media covering it, the police and media will not have time for anything else.

Good luck with that.
I don't know why you keep bringing up the police to me. I've already said they don't need to be involved.

As for the media, I'm sure you know very well how it works. The media itself only care because a high profile person was on the receiving end.

If that high profile persons wants to use that to highlight the fact there is still a lot of latent racism and homophobia that pervades, then I see no issue whatsoever and in fact, support it.

None of this in any way excuses Dempsey's tackle, by the way.

Four weeks is a fair penalty, all things considered. Now Dempsey has clear air in which to press the charges.

You're aware of the amount of teenage girls (and boys, to a lesser extent) who commit suicide due to online bullying these days, right? It's not ok no matter who the victim is.

High profile incidents like this can serve to shine a spotlight on the issue. Dempsey has absolutely done the right thing by kicking up a stink.

You will never stop anonymous people from saying stupid and hurtful things on the internet. The spotlight achieves nothing except making a ******* feel like a celebrity for a few days.

Duuuuuuuuuude, you serious:drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk:

Not sure how many times I have to explain. I'm not suggesting that's what happened, only that it's possible.

Google 'woman fabricated rape' and think about it.

I'd hate to think Mifsud's mixed up in any shenanigans.

Pretty laughable how footy players like to dob over this crap. Anyone that's been racially abused/bullied in real life knows how to brush off after a young age. Dempsey gets called an Abo C online and the police investigate the bad man with a keyboard. I must have missed the national peace and love conference.

I hate to break it to you so bluntly champ but this is real life. It doesn't stop being real life just because you communicate via a screen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back