If we made another grand final will you go?

Remove this Banner Ad

I dont care if their is no money to feed the kids for a couple of weeks.
KkAjX39.gif

I dont want to miss this.
Was lucky enough to be upgraded to full MCC membership ahead of the 2013 GF. Was lucky to get a ballot allocated seat too and it was just a few rows behind the Freo bench. Which gave me plenty of opportunity to remind Fyfe and Ballantyne that their goal kicking was costing their side. Had to sit next to a pair of bitter Cats supporters who'd purchased purple scarves but they left those behind when they left on the siren.

2014 I missed out on the ballot so lined up from just before 4am (line went up the hill towards Jolimont before turning back down the hill and all the way around to gate 1!) and got a great seat just under cover on level 1 in the pocket of the city end. That view of the Langford goal above is the same view I enjoyed. Sat next to an old bloke who introduced himself as a South Melbourne supporter. He hates their allowances and thought the recruitment of Buddy would ultimately be a mistake. He was disappointed Swans lost but was a very gracious loser. Quite likely the best Swans (correction: Bloods) supporter out there.

I think I've been successful in the ballot again this year as I had the seat cost deducted from my account yesterday night by Ticketek. Hopefully the Hawks will be there again too!

I'll go into the ballot and if chosen......Absolutely. Been lucky enough to be at the last 3 and it's something else. My last GF before the last 3 was 1989. I was 11 years old and didn't really appreciate the occasion!

Saw the first in 1961, and the next 8 live. However, moved overseas in 1997, so the last three have been live on the big screen, and that will happen again this year, when we challenge again. On a side note, I still haven't seen a Hawk performance to match Brendon Edwards in the 1961 game. 33 disposals in those days would equate to 50+ today, no easy three touch handballs then. Pity we don't have a contested possession count for him.

Have been to all 4 Hawks recent GFs and would be going again if i can get a ticket.
Its 100% worth living off canned baked beans and 2 minute noodles for a month.

Yes, absolutely! I have been to 08,12,13,14 and wouldn't miss it for the world.
Even after being Level 1, Level 4, Level 1, Level 4. So should be Level 1 this year :D

Same here.
Level 1 in '08.
Level 4 in '12.
Level 1 in '13.
Level 4 in '14.
Hopefully means Level 1 again this year should we qualify. Although, knowing Ticketek, anything is possible!

On another note. It's ridiculous that we can actually afford to ponder if going to ANOTHER grand final is even worth it. I really hope Footscray fans are not hanging around our board.
"Thought I might just have a quiet one this GF weekend *swirls Grange* can always see the Hawks win the flag again next year *sips*"

Yeah I can see how other clubs supporters might think we're spoiled haha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Thought I might just have a quiet one this GF weekend *swirls Grange* can always see the Hawks win the flag again next year *sips*"

Yeah I can see how other clubs supporters might think we're spoiled haha

'Spoiled' is not the term usually fired in my direction by bitter and twisted opposition supporters, more like arrogant with a gross sense of entitlement :rolleyes:

'Spoiled' is not the term usually fired in my direction by bitter and twisted opposition supporters, more like arrogant with a gross sense of entitlement :rolleyes:
If the Hawks had won a flag for every time I heard that... then the Hawks would have won less flags!

Hmmmm, I wonder, would go I go? What kind of a stupid question is that? Right up there with would would you do thread... What ever the hell is is :drunk:
What the F are you writing there? What sort of question is it well I don't think it's stupid question not everybody is loaded and lives in Melbourne.if you'd read my Op it's says I live interstate meaning it makes it hard to get to a grand final.. * me!urgh the s**t I have to put up with on here just asking a bloody question!

Likewise, I will be in Taoyuan, Chinese Taipei - any idea where I can view the game there?
Just near the airport or actually in Taoyuan city? I was only there in Taoyuan city for one day and didn't find too many bars, but it was very quiet.

Oh and unless you're a diplomat please call it Taiwan, they're very proud of being different to mainland China.

08 rocked! It was such s hot day but it was amazing and to see Crawfs last game made it all the more special!! The atmosphere was electric!

I remember the day well, it was the nicest day weather wise you could ever have for a granny. I was watching it on a rooftop with a keg, wearing only footy shorts. I was too pissed to stand by 6pm

Just near the airport or actually in Taoyuan city? I was only there in Taoyuan city for one day and didn't find too many bars, but it was very quiet.

Oh and unless you're a diplomat please call it Taiwan, they're very proud of being different to mainland China.
Will actually be in Taoyuan City - and I call it Chinese Taipei as I am kinda a diplomat in the sports sense - a Chef De Mission :)

On a last minute whim I ventured over for '08. Was about 35m out from the goal right behind "Moondog" as he stuffed his half time shot.

Given the expense involved, probably not. Hard to top seeing your team win one live so I'm happy I've done it.

Too much time on my hands but a legit question.would you go if you've got the funds etc to get there live?I waited 17 years to see one back in 08.

I live interstate but I went last year as I had beensick in 13.i copped flack from a family member for shelling out a lot of money to go but the memories are precious!
Wouldn't be able to go again and that does upset me but I have 08 & 14....
My first was 1961, my second was 1975.
Now I simply couldn't afford it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back