Who wins it? The 2015 flag

Remove this Banner Ad

Freo v Hawks GF

Melbourne to be 15 degrees and pouring rain turning the GF into a good old fashioned dogfight.
The Hawks skills to have less of an effect due to weather and Freo pressure.

Crowley to get a free kick in the centre after Mitchell retaliates, sucks in a hawk to give away a 50 on top.
Siren goes as Crowley kicks the match winner. Returns back to the game a hero.

Final Score
Freo - 56
Haw - 53

In the real world too close to call, but I would love to play any side in the wet on the G.

It is an exciting finals series. I will start with my team first.
Freo - have their full defence for the first time since 2013 with Johnson, McPharlin and Dawson and everyone else available. Johnson only just coming into form but the timing is good. A great game against Melbourne in setting up from the back line. The major advantage is having effectively a week off against Port this week, which is needed with a lot of players with niggles. Come week 1 v Sydney we will be at full strength (Ballas coming back in). Freo seemed to find a way to win off playing a half game of football in most matches and that could be tactics to an extent. It will hard to see until that 1st final. I have my flights booked, but I am holding out for week 1 finals to book accommodation.

Hawks - they have their weaknesses, but are still the team to beat. It does not matter what lead you have at any point because they can score in quick succession. Hodge and Mitchell will be fresh.

WCE - I am still undecided at how good they actually are, but I admit I am showing my colours here. Somehow they have defied the odds and they find a way to win. I hope they can beat the Hawks round 1, however I have a feeling they may drop out in straight sets.

Sydney - So hard to judge. Their best player in Parker is a huge out, and Franklin will only be a week by week basis. On paper they have an awesome team, but when players are underdone or simply not match fit it can take its toll. Still they made top 4 so anything is possible.

Richmond and Adelaide are the most likely to give the top a shake. The problem Richmond have is stringing games together. They seem to win fantastic games and then lose one, so from outside the top 4 I think it is not going to get them to the GF, however I think they can cause an upset along the way.

North - I think they are not good enough. They beat an underdone Freo at Etihad who let them back in the game, but I can't see them winning on the road.

Freo v Hawks GF

Melbourne to be 15 degrees and pouring rain turning the GF into a good old fashioned dogfight.
The Hawks skills to have less of an effect due to weather and Freo pressure.

Crowley to get a free kick in the centre after Mitchell retaliates, sucks in a hawk to give away a 50 on top.
Siren goes as Crowley kicks the match winner. Returns back to the game a hero.

Final Score
Freo - 56
Haw - 53

In the real world too close to call, but I would love to play any side in the wet on the G.

Freo have proven to be pretty bad in the wet this year.

Freo have proven to be pretty bad in the wet this year.

Didn't think we lost a game this year in the wet - Richmond (no), Hawthorn (not raining but sodden ground), North (no) and West Coast (no).

Fremantle beats Sydney
Eagles lose to Hawks
Sydney lose to Richmond
Eagles beat Bulldogs
Fremantle beat Eagles
Hawthorn beat Richmond
Freo beat Hawthorn

I think Hawthorn can do it again, especially if they can escape Perth with a QF win. If not, West Coast.

Means that Hawthorn this year is often inconsistent. It also means that you got the top 4 sides at the right time - Freo in Tasmania, Sydney when their form was down, West Coast without Nic Nat and Sinclair.
I concur. Hawthorn have a 'LOT' of room for improvement.

You can find a reason to pot all the teams. You just have to take Hawthorn on trust and that they will improve heading into the finals.

Do you trust this face? Didn't think so.

upload_2015-9-1_18-29-52.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't think we lost a game this year in the wet - Richmond (no), Hawthorn (not raining but sodden ground), North (no) and West Coast (no).

played poorly against Brisbane and were lucky to win Adelaide game. That Richmond game earlier in the year pretty sure it was raining before hand and there was maybe a drizzle of rain during the game.

It is an exciting finals series. I will start with my team first.
Freo - have their full defence for the first time since 2013 with Johnson, McPharlin and Dawson and everyone else available. Johnson only just coming into form but the timing is good. A great game against Melbourne in setting up from the back line. The major advantage is having effectively a week off against Port this week, which is needed with a lot of players with niggles. Come week 1 v Sydney we will be at full strength (Ballas coming back in). Freo seemed to find a way to win off playing a half game of football in most matches and that could be tactics to an extent. It will hard to see until that 1st final. I have my flights booked, but I am holding out for week 1 finals to book accommodation.

Hawks - they have their weaknesses, but are still the team to beat. It does not matter what lead you have at any point because they can score in quick succession. Hodge and Mitchell will be fresh.

WCE - I am still undecided at how good they actually are, but I admit I am showing my colours here. Somehow they have defied the odds and they find a way to win. I hope they can beat the Hawks round 1, however I have a feeling they may drop out in straight sets.

Sydney - So hard to judge. Their best player in Parker is a huge out, and Franklin will only be a week by week basis. On paper they have an awesome team, but when players are underdone or simply not match fit it can take its toll. Still they made top 4 so anything is possible.

Richmond and Adelaide are the most likely to give the top a shake. The problem Richmond have is stringing games together. They seem to win fantastic games and then lose one, so from outside the top 4 I think it is not going to get them to the GF, however I think they can cause an upset along the way.

North - I think they are not good enough. They beat an underdone Freo at Etihad who let them back in the game, but I can't see them winning on the road.
Did the Bulldogs just fall out of your head or am I missing something?

Teams that something to lose, if they were to lose in the grand final:
Fremantle: Ross Lyon having already lost 4 grand finals, needs to win to get the monkey off his back. Freo needs to capitalise on its aging core players, before they retire.
West Coast: Nothing to lose, young team with more to come in the next few years
Hawthorn: Having won the last two premierships, they really have nothing to lose here, except make some history.
Sydney: Doesn't not want to lose two grand final in a row and needs to justify Franklin's million dollar recruitment.

Melbourne will win it before Freo. You won't win it this year and your list is ancient. You'll bottom out and have to rebuild again.

Only 124 posts and you are already trolling the main board. Seriously buddy, get a grip on reality.

Melbourne will win it before Freo. You won't win it this year and your list is ancient. You'll bottom out and have to rebuild again.

Well we were playing finals two years into our last rebuild and a grand final a few years after that, so we should be ok.

Not every club's rebuilds go for 35 years.

Well we were playing finals two years into our last rebuild and a grand final a few years after that, so we should be ok.

Not every club's rebuilds go for 35 years.
You're right. We have been rubbish for 35 years. The difference between me and you is I'm not kidding myself into thinking we're going to win a flag any time soon. I also don't bring up irrelevant history when someone expresses their opinion that differs to mine either. You reek of insecurity.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back