Movie What's the last movie you saw? (4)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Gift - this was absolutely brilliant. Joel Edgerton is a gun. I'm proud that he's an Aussie and carving it over there because he deserves it.
A Really nice pace and quite a captivating movie. All three leads provide excellent performances. I haven't really paid much attention to the career of Rebecca Hall but she was really impressive in this film. 8/10

A Really nice pace and quite a captivating movie. All three leads provide excellent performances. I haven't really paid much attention to the career of Rebecca Hall but she was really impressive in this film. 8/10

Pretty spot on. A 8/10 is what I was thought walking out of the cinema tonight.

I've had a crush on Rebecca Hall since Vicky Cristina Barcelona. A lot of small roles, with some lead roles in independent films, sadly I don't think she'll ever take off but I'm content in seeing her in roles like this.

Always love a Wendell Pierce appearance.

La French, think it's also been released in England under The Connection.

Set in Marseilles 1976-1980something... True story of the 'French Connection' who supplied a s**t load of heroin to the USA in that period. Stars Jean Dujardin and Gilles lellouch. Jean Dujardin can do no wrong I reckon and this is no exception. He plays the judge of Marseilles, which I interpret as not a judge but head of an investigation arm, such as drugs. Lellouche is the head of 'la French'.

Awesome movie that doesn't go over the top as a period piece, sideburns aren't that big and the disco ain't that bad.

Solid film and even if you speak French you're going to need subtitles to understand the Marseilles accent.

8/10

Saw The Gift last night.

Was right up there with the best thrillers I've seen, just kept ramping up the unsettling tension and had you on the edge of your seat the whole way through with a couple of jump out of your seat moments. Really clever use of camerawork and music to create the tension and suspense.

Jason Bateman and Joel Edgerton were both great playing against type but Rebecca Hall was the real standout, can't recall seeing her in anything else before but she delivers an Oscar worthy performance.

I didn't see the twist at the end coming either and you're left reeling at the end of it, thinking back over what happened during the film that led up to it all.

There were a few things about it that seemed a little illogical and troubled me though.

Most of all this.

If Simon was really worried about it being Gordo's baby wouldn't he just get a paternity test? Although I guess the problem with that is if his wife found out about it he would have to tell her about what he saw on the dvd Gordo sent him and maybe he wouldn't want to find out the truth anyway.

Overall a great film though, would give it 4 out of 5 stars.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finally saw Nightcrawler - 8/10. Lost a point for the ending which I wasn't a huge fan of.

Is Gyllenhall now clearly the best actor around ? By god he's good.

Had this discussion a few pages ago, but personally I think he is in that top echelon of present day actors who are killing it. A great method actor.

Finally saw Nightcrawler - 8/10. Lost a point for the ending which I wasn't a huge fan of.

Is Gyllenhall now clearly the best actor around ? By god he's good.
Great movie, impeccable acting performance from Gyllenhall, but I'm with you, the ending just didn't do it for me

Had this discussion a few pages ago, but personally I think he is in that top echelon of present day actors who are killing it. A great method actor.
In Nightcrawler he reminded me of a young Pacino. Really impressive.

Convinced I need to re-watch Nightcralwer again :thumbsu:

Saw Straight outta Compton today, got up to the bit where E was on his death bed then smoke started entering the cinema and we were told to evacuate, popcorn machine caught fire spewing smoke everywhere. Interesting flick, Cube's son is a chip off the old block.

SOUTHPAW

Tiiiiiny bit " oscar-baitish " but my god , Jake G is DESTROYING it atm

8/10

Yeah, just saw Southpaw. Absolutely brilliant. Jake G is a gun actor.

Also saw PIXELS good shits and giggles movie.

You might also want to check out The Surface good intense drama, the guy who played Sam Gamgee in the Lord of the Rings is the central character.

Saw The Gift last night.

Jason Bateman and Joel Edgerton were both great playing against type but Rebecca Hall was the real standout, can't recall seeing her in anything else before but she delivers an Oscar worthy performance.
Check out a movie called The Town. It's a Ben Affleck film in which she co-stars and is excellent. The film itself is an underated gem that I'd easily give 8/10 for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back