The Kevin McHale Cup 2015-2016 (Auction league)

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 26, 2008
Canberra
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Arsenal
prod_8212260525

The legendary auction league, The Kevin McHale Cup returns for it's eighth season.
Managers please confirm your return in this thread.
Rules and end-of-season rosters to follow.

Owners (Confirmed):

Badga
Billy the Kidd
Bostonian (Gus P)
Breezy21

Bugsy Mogues
Deeman87
Moo
Nick
Pie Legend
Rampantstatks
Theseventhhamster
Tony Richo

Owners not returning

Rocco
Gridlocked
Cameron K

Badga (Heath) - Kramerica
Team Contracts
Dirk $8,500,000
KJ McDaniels $825,309
Development Contracts
Trey Burke $3,282,821
James Harden $2,441,406
Mirza Teletovic $1,031,635
Qualifying Offer
Carmelo Anthony

Billy the kid (Billy the kid) - The Kidd's Crew
Team Contracts
DeMarcus Cousins $11,950,100
Development Contracts
Eric Bledsoe $2,500,000
Gordon Hayward $3,937,500
Terrence Jones $2,000,000
Sleeper Contract
Kris Middleton $1,600,000
Qualifying Offer
Derrick Favors

Bostonian (Gus P) - Green Machine
Team Contracts
Marcus Smart $904,403
Amir Johnson $500,000
Deron Williams $1,500,003
Development Contracts
Stephen Curry $2,929,689
Brandon Knight $1,875,004
Jeff Green $914,663

Qualifying Offer
LeBron James

Breezie21 (Brendon) - Purple Haze
Team Contracts

D. Howard $6,999,000
E. Gordon $1,675,000
Development Contracts
G. Dragic $3,125,000
C. Bosh $1,125,000
T. Mozgov $2,437,500
Sleeper Contract
Donatas Motiejunas $1,600,000
Qualifying Offer
Russell Westbrook

Bugsy Mogues (Bugsy Mogues) – The Dark Nique
Team Contracts
Paul George $3,210,095
Draymond Green $2,355,250

Development Contracts
Kyle Lowry $2,441,406
Nikola Vucivic $2,500,000
Jonas Valanciunas $2,367,189
Reggie Jackson $2,000,000

Sleeper Contract
Hassan Whiteside $1,600,000
Qualifying Offer
Jimmy Butler

Deeman87 (Eric) - Dante's Devils
Team Contracts
Andrew Wiggins $6,500,000
Rudy Gobert $740,000
Development Contracts
Damian Lilliard $6,835,951
Klay Thompson $2,875,694
Kenneth Faried $3,437,519
Jeff Teague $2,187,500
Sleeper Contract
C.J.McCollum $1,600,000
Qualifying Offer
Paul Milsap

Moo (Moo) - Sooby Moos

Team Contracts
DeMar DeRozan $6,800,900
Al Horford $10,500,000
Development Contracts
Isaiah Thomas $2,225,000
Tyreke Evans $1,761,390
Sleeper Contract
David Lee $1,600,000
Qualifying Offer
Al Jefferson

Nik5354 ( Nicholas) –Uncledrew
Team contracts
Juius Randle $650,000
Jabari Parker $6,100,000
Bradley Beal $7,100,000

Development contracts
Doug Mcdermott $1,600,000
Sleeper contract
Mo Williams $1,600,000
Qualifying Offer
Marc Gasol

Pie Legend (?) - The Birdmen
Development Contracts
Kevin Durant - $14,016,796
Anthony Davis - $9,850,279
Michael Carter-Williams - $2,412,306
Team Contracts
Rudy Gay - $5,346,767
Aron Afflalo - $2,145,579
Sleeper Contract
PJ Tucker $1,600,000
Qualifying Offer
Dayne Wade

Rampantstatks (Neil) - - 12 hour Delay
Team Contracts
Joel Embiid $2,206,000
Jared Sullinger $2,310,000
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope $1,499,000
Development Contracts
Derrick Rose $6,864,258
Ricky Rubio $5,859,376
Giannis Antetokounmpo $2,000,000
Kawhi Leonard $3,906,273
Sleeper Contract
Jordan Clarkson $1,600,000
Qualifying Offer
Nikola Mirotic

theseventhhamster (theseventhhamster) -Milwaukee Hamsters
Team Contracts:
Dante Exum $4,200,000
Nicolas Batum $8,744,443
Development Contracts
Chandler Parsons $2,500,000
Kyle Korver $4,250,000
Steven Adams $2,500,000

Qualifying Offer
Danny Green

Tony Richo(Tony Richo) - - Fubar inc.
Team Contracts
Blake Griffin $9,800,003
Development Contracts
Andre Drummond $781,313
Ty Lawson $2,441,406
Nerlens Noel $662,500
Sleeper Contract
Wesley Matthews $1,600,000
Qualifying Offer
Chris Paul

The Rules
Roster Positions PG, SG, G, SF, PF, F, C, C, Util, Util, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN
Stat Categories:Field Goal Percentage (FG%), Free Throw Percentage (FT%), 3-point Shots Made (3PTM), Points Scored (PTS), Total Rebounds (REB), Assists (AST), Steals (ST), Blocked Shots (BLK), Turnovers (TO)
The off-season
I. Following the end of the season or prior to the next seasons’ auction, owners may extend a “qualifying offer” to 1 of their players. This gives them the right to see the highest bid for that particular player in the upcoming draft, and then match if they wish to.
II. Following the end of the season or prior to the next seasons’ auction, owners may extend a “Sleeper Contract” to 1 of their players. This player will be kept for the next season at $1.6 mil. Sleeper contracts can only be awarded to players who were valued at $1.5m or less at auction the previous year or FA acquisitions during the season.
III. Players going into the second year of Team, Development or Sleeper contracts are removed from the draft pool, and their “cost” is subtracted from the 50mil budget before the draft.
The draft
I. Every team begins the draft with a “budget” (or salary cap) of 50 million.
II. Players will be auctioned off in groups of 6.
III. Groups will consist of players of similar fantasy value, using a “cheat list” off a pre-agreed fantasy site.
IV. Players on qualifying offers will be auctioned in their own group and independent of Free agents. Managers will make bids on all QO players in the group. A manager may match the highest bid on their player. Any player not accepted by the current manager will be won by the owner of the highest bid. Only the highest bidder is relevant. A manager cannot win more than 2 players. Any players not won are no longer QO players and will enter the next auction group with other Free Agents. Assuming the possibility a manager will win 2 players in the group, the maximum bid will be in line with your remaining budget and players to be drafted . For example, if you have 10 players left to draft and $40m budget remaining, you can make a maximum bid of $18m / player allowing the minimum $500k for the remaining 8 players..
V. If you have the highest bid for a particular player, the amount you submitted is what you’ll pay. So, if you offered 18 million for Chris Paul, and the next highest bid is 9 million, you will still pay 18m, not 9.5m or 10m (i.e. it’s not E-bay!)
VI. An owner cannot successfully bid on more than one player in any group of 6. So, even if you had the highest bid on both Cousins and Favors, if they are in the same group, you will only get one of them – specifically, the player that you bid more for.
VII. Except for the Qualifying Group, if an owner successfully bids on a player in 2 consecutive groups, he must “sit out” the next group.
VIII. The minimum bid allowed for any player is half a million.
IX. Each team will be required to draft 15 players.
X. Once the draft is completed, owners are allowed to nominate players who they wish to grant a “Team Contract”. These players will be kept for the next season at exactly the same price. Team contracts can only be awarded to players who were not contracted the previous season. Those teams finishing in the bottom half of the final standings of the previous season may allocate 3 Team Contracts, those teams in finishing in the top half may allocate 2.
XI. Once the draft is completed, owners are also allowed to nominate players who they wish to grant a “Development Contract”. These players may be kept for the next season at this seasons’ price plus 25%. All teams may allocate 4 Development Contracts.
The season
I. Standard 9-category roto scoring, free Yahoo! League.
II. Moves restricted to 20 for the season - It is the commish’s belief that leagues should be won through good drafting and trading, not by being the quickest to pounce on every available free agent.
III. Waiver wire waiting period will be 1 day.
IV. Trades will be made independent of “budget” implications – but note that Team and Development Contracts will carry over to the off-season and remain associated with players regardless of team changes or trades. If players are dropped to free agency, contracts are no longer valid. Players on Team contracts can only be dropped prior to the All-star break

Last edited:
prod_8212260525

The legendary auction league, The Kevin McHale Cup returns for it's eighth season.
Managers please confirm your return in this thread.
Rules and end-of-season rosters to follow.

Owners (Confirmed):

Badga
Billy the Kidd
Bugsy Mogues
Cameron K
Deeman87
Gridlocked
Moo
Nick
Rampantstatks
Rocco
Theseventhhamster
Tony Richo
I come back. Embid hurt, though. Other managers, please each trade me your best player to make up for loss. Thank you.

Yeah I'm back! Struggled last season as it was my first understanding fantasy and the tactic. Only up from here haha!

I'm out this seasons guys. It was going to be tough keeping on top of things throughout the season, but I'm getting married early October and will be on the road a lot over the next few months, so I couldn't do the auction process justice. Thanks to all for a great competition, and thanks to Bugsy for running a top league. I feel like I've left a team with a lot of potential!

In, from memory my team is an absolute shambles though. Will be tanking it out with Moo I imagine. I should stop modelling my GM game after Billy King.

I'm stashing Euro players for a run at the 2018 title

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks all who have signed back up, looking forward to it. If you haven't done so, sign into the league on Yahoo too.
I haven't worked out the timing yet, but I'm thinking we'll need to kick off the Auction with the next 2wks.
We need at least one new Manager, and Gridders and Cameron are not instilling confidence (a little absent towards the end of last season if I recall) Put out the feelers if you have any.
Some interesting Rookies to Draft this year...

My house mate is keen to have a go at this Bugsy! Loves his fantasy and all things NBA. And I'll happily beat him in another league if your happy to have him:D

I'd love to join this league if another manager position opens up, been doing several types of nba fantasy for a few years but never an auction league!

My house mate is keen to have a go at this Bugsy! Loves his fantasy and all things NBA. And I'll happily beat him in another league if your happy to have him:D

Unless there are any objections, I'm happy to have him on board. Get him to sign up and post.

I'd love to join this league if another manager position opens up, been doing several types of nba fantasy for a few years but never an auction league!

You're first on the list to replace either Cameron or Gridlock'd if they don't turn up. Stay tuned.

Sorry I didn't reply earlier, haven't checked my notifications.

I didn't have the time for this one last year unfortunately. Will let someone else jump in. Sorry guys.

Sorry I didn't reply earlier, haven't checked my notifications.

I didn't have the time for this one last year unfortunately. Will let someone else jump in. Sorry guys.
Thanks for letting us know Cameron.

Pie Legend, I guess you're in if there are non objections.

Gridlock'd hasn't been on since May...mmm.

I think pie legend should be required to substantiate her name before we let her in. How much does it cost to fedex a pie to nyc, anyway?

I think pie legend should be required to substantiate her name before we let her in. How much does it cost to fedex a pie to nyc, anyway?

Her name is Mallory Edens, daughter of Bucks owner Wes Edens. She represented the Bucks at the draft lottery a couple of seasons ago :thumbsu:

Hey guys,

Sorry for the delay, I only really use Bigfooty for Fantasy Ball these days!

I am going to sit out of this league this year I think. I don't have as much time as I used too and I have always preferred the H2H format over Roto, so I will focus on those leagues.

Cheers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back