India's tour of Sri Lanka - 3 Tests

Sasquatch

Premiership Player
Sep 16, 2009
Outback Australia Baby
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
The 5 bowler strategy is working for India. Should India win this test match, they would have taken 60 wickets in 3 tests away from home. When was the last time they took 20 wickets in a match away from home? Let alone take 60 wickets in a 3 match series? It was a nice move from Kohli and it's worked, whether or not they win or lose this test match. No ******* way do they ditch the 5 bowler strategy.

DT_fanatic

Premiership Player
Mar 14, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
I really like Bhuvi as a cricketer. Ashwin is your all-rounder. What's wrong with him being a spin-bowler AR?

Besides Bhuvi, only our spin bowlers can bat (Ashwin, Mishra, Harby - even Axar Patel and Karn Sharma despite what we saw in Australia). So if we want to keep a 3-2 pace/spin bowling split then the only way a third seamer fits in is as the all rounder. Also prefer having Ashwin as batting insurance as opposed to someone we rely on at number 6. Obviously Binny probably isn't the answer yet either but he's done ok in this series so far.

Not looking good atm, new ball will be crucial.

Sasquatch

Premiership Player
Sep 16, 2009
Outback Australia Baby
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
India has never won an away test series when trailing. They did it under Virat
India has struggled to take 20 wickets away from home. They did it under Virat
India's last series win away from home was against a shitty West Indies side a few years back.

Already in Virat's second full series as captain, they have done stuff they haven't done for a long long time.

Virat has rejuvenated this team. They are a completely different unit to the one under Dhoni. They are more confident, they are more relaxed.

DT_fanatic

Premiership Player
Mar 14, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
more due to some of Kohli's onfield antics and swooping to a level near Warner's.

Has nothing to do with being a better captain...

Happy to win, and whilst SL are average at the moment it's still a big achievement to win there for the first time in over 20+ years. Good stuff Virat and team. The SA series coming up will be great viewing.

You said that it would annoy you if someone said he was a better captain, just because of his on field antics. I can only presume then you consider his behavior a factor as to his captaincy credentials?
It's got nothing to do with being a better captain, for all I know Warher could be an excellent VC for Australia, but he isn't the best role model and that's where I start drawing the line.

Back