Toast Tom Lynch signs until 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

In the end that probably sums up why Lynch has been a success and someone like Lewis Johnston, who we got in the same trade period, is now on the scrap heap.
LJ was number 12, Lynch number 13 in the 2008 draft.

Everyone on an AFL list has talent, none (few?) have enough of it to be able to get by without working hard...

The signings just keep rolling in, one after the other, like the revolving door at Slippery Pete's house of hair-pulling love.

This group has made a pact with each other. It's patently obvious. This sort of earnest collectivism is what can make a football club truly great.

Now, I won't mention the obvious. But what's clear is the message. "We're pressing on, we're chasing success, with or without you."

Can't ask for much more than that.

Don't worry there is a master plan.

Danger to tweet he has re-signed just as the AFC players bus is about to go under the bridge the Geelong faithful intend hanging a banner with "Come home Danger"

Nek minnit the tears will resemble monsoon rain clouds from the bridge.

He's played the odd great game since his debut with us and just needs continuity to go with experience. We can all see he's got the talent and the work rate to be an important player for us (to go with the odd brain fade)

Absolutely delighted to see Lynch get his 3 year contract extension and stay with us - he's earned it in spades IMO.

When you look at our forward line in totality our recruiters deserve a bloody medal. They have assembled the arguably the best forward line in the comp for almost bugger-all.

Jenkins - unproven basket-baller - cheap as chips trade from Essendon.

Lynch - (1st round draft pick by the Saints) for a 2nd rounder I think.

Walker - a free hit under the now defunct NSW scheme

Cameron - a rookie pick

Betts - Free agent

That, my friends is sheer brilliance by Rendell Ogilvie and the rest of their team. Take a bow boys you deserve it. :thumbsu:

Absolutely delighted to see Lynch get his 3 year contract extension and stay with us - he's earned it in spades IMO.

When you look at our forward line in totality our recruiters deserve a bloody medal. They have assembled the arguably the best forward line in the comp for almost bugger-all.

Cameron - a rookie pick

Betts - Free agent

That, my friends is sheer brilliance by Rendell Ogilvie and the rest of their team. Take a bow boys you deserve it. :thumbsu:

Love ya work Macca. Then we have pick 48 and 81 in Riley Knight and Rory Atkins pressing forward for their goal each week :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cameron - a rookie pick

Betts - Free agent

Pretty amazing when you look at it like that.

So arguably the best forward line in the league came from trading picks 37 (Lynch) and 41 (Jenkins), a free scholarship pick, a rookie pick and a free agent.

So arguably the best forward line in the league came from trading picks 37 (Lynch) and 41 (Jenkins), a free scholarship pick, a rookie pick and a free agent.
Moneyball at it's best

We got 37 for Maric, who was originally picked at as Pick 40.

Cameron - a rookie pick

Betts - Free agent

And that is one reason why I'm more than happy with our recruiting department. Our guys are top shelf. Yes there is the occasional one that doesn't work out, but our hits are very very good.

Moneyball at it's best

Not really. Moneyball's about finding formulaic value in players' statistical output that isn't recognized by the wider establishment.

Jenkins and Lynch might qualify as Moneyball players. Especially Jenkins, as his statistical output is similar to Tippett's and he's probably on half the coin.

Cameron, Betts and Walker aren't Moneyball players though. They're gold-plated stars, with intangible qualities that statistics could never fully show.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back