and one or both of these
#beesonfire

2_V20FrWe14TK_456.JPG

Would really like to get my hands on one of these
1721138_2_O.jpg
130713_DawArticle.jpg

and one or both of these
#beesonfire
Have you contacted the club? I know Port sells at least the current jumper (we only have the one, of course), left over versions from previous years plus "pre-loved" (ie worn) jumpers.

If they don't sell retails of both home and away, you may find they'll sell you pre-loved ones, maybe even for a bit cheaper. Never been to Chirnside Park, so I don't really know for sure.

Have you contacted the club? I know Port sells at least the current jumper (we only have the one, of course), left over versions from previous years plus "pre-loved" (ie worn) jumpers.

If they don't sell retails of both home and away, you may find they'll sell you pre-loved ones, maybe even for a bit cheaper. Never been to Chirnside Park, so I don't really know for sure.
I contacted them a couple years ago, i think before they changed to the W, and never got a response, i'll give them another go at some point though.

I contacted them a couple years ago, i think before they changed to the W, and never got a response, i'll give them another go at some point though.
Personally, I'd either call them or go down there, either on game day or even during office hours on a weekday rather than email, with VFL clubs it's probably the best way of getting a response.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you've pulled a Vic guernsey?
Methinks it's his snapchat story... If so... :eek:

My mate wanted a Vic jumper that was on auction and I had tried to confirm whether it was real or not, but no one answered so he hasn't bought it yet :(

So something of a whale for me is this retro adidas Crows jacket. The one pictured is from 1999, which is good, but I'd prefer a 1998 which has the old shield logo instead.

image.jpg

I have searched for a while on eBay but those I have found have been the wrong size or damaged or some other such issue.

Today a kid comes in to my work, probably about 15-16 years old, wearing the 1998 version of this. It was beautiful! It looked as if it was brand new, the colours were so vibrant. I was insanely jealous of this guy. It was also obviously a size or two too big for him (but probably perfect for me). I made small talk about the Crows and he said...

"Oh, I don't actually go for the Crows. I'm a Collingwood fan. I just have this jacket."

WHAT!?!? I wanted to scream! This perfect specimen of a premiership year jacket was absolutely WASTED on this punk kid! I contemplated offering to buy it off him, but opted against it, and I am now wallowing in regret.

So something of a whale for me is this retro adidas Crows jacket. The one pictured is from 1999, which is good, but I'd prefer a 1998 which has the old shield logo instead.

View attachment 148741

I have searched for a while on eBay but those I have found have been the wrong size or damaged or some other such issue.

Today a kid comes in to my work, probably about 15-16 years old, wearing the 1998 version of this. It was beautiful! It looked as if it was brand new, the colours were so vibrant. I was insanely jealous of this guy. It was also obviously a size or two too big for him (but probably perfect for me). I made small talk about the Crows and he said...

"Oh, I don't actually go for the Crows. I'm a Collingwood fan. I just have this jacket."

WHAT!?!? I wanted to scream! This perfect specimen of a premiership year jacket was absolutely WASTED on this punk kid! I contemplated offering to buy it off him, but opted against it, and I am now wallowing in regret.
I reckon my old man has one of these. How much would you be looking to spend on something like this

Bumping with a few images I saw of extremely rare guernseys auctioned off last year on the "Moss Green" website. Some of these are just ludicrously rare.

----------

Early 1990s Crows training jumper, Shaun Rehn PI. Some of you may be familiar with the red variant.

6kmtKdT.jpg

nMDVowQ.jpg

Carlton pre-season jumper 1998, Simon Beaumont PI, long sleeve!!

lnrsQ8n.jpg

KiQyFRL.jpg

Fitzroy 1984-84 training jumper, Michael Nettlefold PI. Love the faded Darlington sponsor!

1t4jAxu.jpg

UOVTxve.jpg

Fitzroy 1995 pre-season; note how the side panels are hand made. Doug Hawkins signed PI

2J3A3WC.jpg

z3E7VOQ.jpg

1996 Fitzroy pre-season, this one is one of the earliest printed jumpers; the Lion decreases in size and the side panel 'vees' are actually reversed from a yellow/red pattern to a red/yellow pattern. One for the site Mero :)

CrnTsVy.jpg

This one's a beauty, a mid-90s Melbourne training jumper featuring the MFC monogram in a similar fashion to today's clash jumpers. Who knows where the yellow came from? Gary Lyon PI.

M7aSqNM.jpg

UHswNL3.jpg

And here's the long sleeved, sponsored variant from 1994

H3AlSPV.jpg

Early 90s Tigers training jumper featuring that odd yet under-appreciated logo

tP0Zyem.jpg

And finally a Saints 2002 away jumper in the infamous yellow. Daniel Wulf PI. The three years the Saints wore this jumper can be identified quite easily; 2001 jumpers had the Pura Light Start sponsorship, 2002 jumpers didn't (instead it was Strathfield/Mortgage House), 2003 jumpers had the garish red trim.

Li4i5tQ.jpg

btfwc7N.jpg

Hope you enjoy!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back