Roast Third man up...jeepers

Remove this Banner Ad

'79 Prelim.

Yet another example of a rule being changed because it involved Collingwood in a big game. Pity they didn't twig that it was bloody Moore instigating it all game.

Not that I'm still bitter and twisted about it or anything like that..........
It stood out like dogs' balls that Moore was under instructions to wrestle with Dempsey. A free kick at the first bounce would have changed the game, Instead, Ian Robinson was the one person at the game who felt that they should be allowed to wrestle all day as "it wasn't clear who was initiating it.".

Dislike the 3rd man up very much, especially the protection he gets from being blocked.

Maybe we need to nominate JZ as the ruckman at stoppages and let Goldy have the clear run at the ball.

Stats from yesterday show a clear issue.

Centre clearances 15-12 our way

Stoppages (where 3rd man is allowed) 20-32 against.

Think the rule will be tweaked for next year.

Dislike the 3rd man up very much, especially the protection he gets from being blocked.

Maybe we need to nominate JZ as the ruckman at stoppages and let Goldy have the clear run at the ball.

Good ...stats back up my OP above sooking level.

I reckon this is the configuration to work on. Gives us height n also the wide options if the throw in is not straight
View attachment 167883

HIGHER!

human-pyramid-at-la-merce.jpg

Genius. I like it.

'79 Prelim.

Yet another example of a rule being changed because it involved Collingwood in a big game. Pity they didn't twig that it was bloody Moore instigating it all game.

Not that I'm still bitter and twisted about it or anything like that..........

Me neither, Gaso. Dempsey was caning Moore early until the wrestling started. As usual, the incompetence of the umpires in not awarding the first and second frees against the instigator would have avoided all the fuss.

Are you available to replace the Russian as ruck coach for 2016?

Put Maj in the ruck around stoppages and let Goldy jump off his hulking frame as the 3rd man up.. unstoppageable!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have the solution. Just like in Volleyball one player from each side can wear a slight variance to the team guernsey and they are the designated ruckman. They are the players yah can't block at stoppages. The rest are fair game. :stern look

I propose 2 new rules. Well, not exactly rules, more like exemptions from any other rules.

I suggest that it should be open season on both 3rd man up in a ruck contest, and also on the snipers who take out the man on the mark in his blind spot. I think all rules should be off the table when it comes to both situations. I think you should be allowed to put snipers and 3rd men up in hospital if you choose. I think you should be able to use weapons against them - machetes, chainsaws, whatever you can find. I suggest that each team should be allowed one expert marksman with a high powered rifle sitting up in the top deck ready to shoot them.

I propose 2 new rules. Well, not exactly rules, more like exemptions from any other rules.

I suggest that it should be open season on both 3rd man up in a ruck contest, and also on the snipers who take out the man on the mark in his blind spot. I think all rules should be off the table when it comes to both situations. I think you should be allowed to put snipers and 3rd men up in hospital if you choose. I think you should be able to use weapons against them - machetes, chainsaws, whatever you can find. I suggest that each team should be allowed one expert marksman with a high powered rifle sitting up in the top deck ready to shoot them.

Snipers for the snipers... that could work.

The problem I had was that Goldy just allowed it to happen, how many knees do you want in the ribs?

He should have just backed off another 10m and come with a run in and jump, he might as well have worn those marking bags on his back if he was just going to stand there under the ball while players jumped on him.

100% agree. Both are a blight on the game. Players should have the right to stand the mark without contact from an opponent.

I would have preferred it was highlighted in the post game comments from BS. Im tipping we should have made some form of complaint.

Yep, and I would've followed up by sending Jackie Chiles down to AFL HQ first thing Monday morning to press home the point.

image.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back