Universal Love Kane Cornes' book

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching it now, **** me Graham Cornes is ruining the interview.
Graham Cornes has been an irritant to my football enjoyment for about 40 years now. I keep wondering; when will the campaigner die?
I believe his father is still alive which means the *er will probably outlive me. And the adelaide media will still be giving him a job. :mad:

Edit: big foody changed ...ucker to *er
o_O

Game day thread is the equivalent of putting half a dozen cameras in the crowd and filming crowd reaction live flipping between cameras and groups of people around the camera and then watching the replay. So bad luck if you are a player and dumb enough to read it and get sensitive about it.

I doubt any player would get overly sensitive about it. I just think there's far more quality reading to be had in other threads. Game day threads are in no way a reflection of the overall high standards of the board.

If it was you, I can assure you it wouldn't be easy to ignore and take with a grain of salt. Some people would handle it and lose no sleep, while others would worry. It's likely best they don't read forums. However they all have social media accounts these days, and those mouthbreathing mongoloids on there likely say far more disrespectful stuff than is ever said here.

Last edited:

It figures.

Game day threads are the absolute worst threads on this board and no players should ever read them, even if we win.

I really hope Butcher doesn't read his special thread. :oops:
I hope Foxtel and Telstra NBN people do read gameday threads. :D

I hope Foxtel and Telstra NBN people do read gameday threads. :D

Run an opinion algorithm over it. It will come back with negative words strongly correlated with brian taylor, tony shaw and mark riccuito.

If it was you, I can assure you it wouldn't be easy to ignore and take with a grain of salt. Some people would handle it and loser no sleep, while others would worry. It's likely best they don't read forums. However they all have social media accounts these days, and those mouthbreathing mongoloids on there likely say far more disrespectful stuff than is ever said here.

Dempsey copped a few N-bombs after his tackle on Deledio apparently. Who'd be famous?

If I was a player i'd be on here all the time, probably posting regularly. I'd be surprised if players don't post on here from time to time, or even regularly.

The whole 2007 GF debacle is still strange to think about. The club was so defensive when people questioned them about it and why it was not reviewed. I remember a function the week after round 1 2008 and the view from the club was "We just lost to Geelong by a few points in round 1 so that shows we don't need to address the GF as we have put in a good performance"
For memory we lost the first 4 or 5 games in 2008.

Found it quite humorous when Chad said not only that we thought we'd win that game (obviously you'd be thinking that as a playing group) but that we thought we'd win it "easily"!

Hooley dooley :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I was a player i'd be on here all the time, probably posting regularly. I'd be surprised if players don't post on here from time to time, or even regularly.

Steven Salopek had a bigfooty account didnt he?

The whole 2007 GF debacle is still strange to think about. The club was so defensive when people questioned them about it and why it was not reviewed. I remember a function the week after round 1 2008 and the view from the club was "We just lost to Geelong by a few points in round 1 so that shows we don't need to address the GF as we have put in a good performance"
For memory we lost the first 4 or 5 games in 2008.
As Kane said in his book we should have thrown the numbers back in that game but Choco was stubborn & wanted to keep attacking, playing our way (lol) it was tough reading about it. I mean if you start seeing a slaughter about to unfold it's pretty common to at least try and clog things up, slow it down etc. it still gives me the shits Choco wouldn't do it, certainly didn't have to be a massacre on that scale & a 70 point loss for instance wouldn't have set the club back as far.

What a forgettable week from start to finish for Choco that was, from mouthing off in the media to a stubborn shithouse coaching display... the beginning of his end

Graham Cornes has been an irritant to my football enjoyment for about 40 years now. I keep wondering; when will the campaigner die?
I believe his father is still alive which means the goose will probably outlive me. And the adelaide media will still be giving him a job. :mad:

Edit: big foody changed ...ucker to goose
o_O
I have got the point of changing stations and turning the radio off when i hear him. If Port discovered the cure to cancer he would still despise us. The feeling is mutual for me.

As Kane said in his book we should have thrown the numbers back in that game but Choco was stubborn & wanted to keep attacking, playing our way (lol) it was tough reading about it. I mean if you start seeing a slaughter about to unfold it's pretty common to at least try and clog things up, slow it down etc. it still gives me the shits Choco wouldn't do it, certainly didn't have to be a massacre on that scale & a 70 point loss for instance wouldn't have set the club back as far.

What a forgettable week from start to finish for Choco that was, from mouthing off in the media to a stubborn shithouse coaching display... the beginning of his end
According to Phil Walsh, Choco did want to go defensive and stem the bleeding, but Phil apparently told him to just let the game go because it was a GF and everyone wanted to see attacking football so it was good for the game. When Phil spoke about it fairly recently he commented that while it was his (Phil's) idea, it would be Choco's name in the history books. At the end of the day, though, I guess Choco was the head coach and could have over-ruled him.

According to Phil Walsh, Choco did want to go defensive and stem the bleeding, but Phil apparently told him to just let the game go because it was a GF and everyone wanted to see attacking football so it was good for the game. When Phil spoke about it fairly recently he commented that while it was his (Phil's) idea, it would be Choco's name in the history books. At the end of the day, though, I guess Choco was the head coach and could have over-ruled him.
Thx for that, in the book it read like it was all Choco but yea the buck still stops with him.

Ahh well it's all sliding doors I guess, if that day had been less painful do we have the current staff at the club.. who knows

Kane on the dominance of the 2003 minor round,

"And not only were we winning, we absolutely smashed and humiliated sides. It wasn't uncommon for us to crush sides by more than 100 points, especially at Footy Park".

Poor memory or Penbles gilding the lily? Because we only won once by 100+ across the entire 01-04 era and that was in 2001.

Thx for that, in the book it read like it was all Choco but yea the buck still stops with him.

Ahh well it's all sliding doors I guess, if that day had been less painful do we have the current staff at the club.. who knows
Hey Damien Barrett, this is what sliding doors is really about! :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back