If you had a choice

Which would you rather

• Crows win flag in 2015 - Dangerfield leaves

• Crows don't win flag in 2015 - Danger stays and potential for multiple flags

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

scotty13

Premiership Player
Feb 4, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Tracy Vilage Razorbacks
With the current form of the Crows being up and beyond that of the Cats, there are in my opinion 2 possibilities than can happen with the Dangerfield scenario. My parents (both crows supporters) have argued about this and Im curious what the wider fan base thoughts are on it.

If, Crows form continues into September, and against all odds you become premiers for 2015, Dangerfield will leave the club for sure. He has had team success, so the lure to move to a Geelong side potentially on the slide won't have the negative connotation of maybe never winning a flag, and family pull will be too much.

If, however the Crows don't win the flag this season, then I think Danger will stay, as team success is a lot closer for the crows than it is for Geelong and given you are on the verge of doing something, the family pull will be weakened a little. After all don't they play for team success?

So my question is this: Which would you rather, win the flag in 2015 and loose Danger, or don't win the flag this season, keep Danger and potentially win multiple flags in the future with Danger in the side?

My dad goes for option A, says a flag now is more important that potential flags, but mum the romantic thinks keeping the side together is better and more chance for multiple years of success.

Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
Ordinarily I'm a "bird in the hand is worth more than two in the bush" guy, but in this instance, I'd keep Danger and go for flags later.

Also, some of your hypotheticals are flimsy - a flag does not mean Danger would leave. For the purposes of the question however, I'm willing to allow this.

Smithalicious

Club Legend
Aug 18, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
The flag definitely. We still have a young core group and with the Danger Trade we would hopefully be fairly compensated (Motlop +).

Could potentially have continued success either way.

My personal choice would be to win the flag and Danger stay......

Iron

Norm Smith Medallist
May 26, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
What good is Danger if we don't win a flag? This is so obvious.

lincsPJ

Premiership Player
Apr 18, 2005
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
I'll play.

You take the flag every single ******* day of the week.

Whoever says no to a flag to keep danger probably splits 2 kings against a 6 at the blackjack table as well. Crazy.

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
enhanced-25942-1427414324-7.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back