Upper Murray 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Well guys first final is over with tumba advancing to the prelim in two weeks time.Tumba won the toss and went with the breeze in the 1st quarter kicking 5gls to Bulliohs none. Jones, Stevens and Campton down back were very solid with Jones the pick of them.His run out of the backline and delivery down the ground I thought was first rate. Another guy I thought for tumba played his best game I've seen this season was Young at C.H.B., gave away a few inches on his opponents but does all the little things that count and backs himself.2nd quarter Bullioh put on 5gls with the breeze to tumba's 2gls, half time there wasn't much in it.3rd quarter tumba with the breeze kicked another 3-4 gls but could of had the game over if they had kicked straight,Bullioh added a few gls for the quarter with Bannister height causing a few problems for tumba's backman, Parr was moved onto him from the forward line which made the difference. Last quarter the breeze died off and tumba's mid-field got rite on top giving B.Carey plenty of the ball and if he wasn't marking it he was putting on blocks for his team mates.This guy is very hard to beat one on one finishing the game with 6gls.S.Cooper from Bullioh played on him and even though he kicked 6gls I thought he was one of bulliohs best players.
The best player on the ground to me was A.Jones followed by Turner, Wizza Carey, Campton for bullioh C.Reid ,Fenton, McGlone, Cooper, they just didn't have enough guys that put in for 4 quarters.
I think everyone will agree that tumba have the best club rooms in the comp with the visitors change rooms the same size as the home teams.
The only bad thing to come out of the game was the injury to Z.Stevens hopefully he will be rite in 2 weeks time but it's not looking good for him.

Good write up chopper, were tumba at full strength besides losing stevens? a week off to freshen up should hold them in good stead to take on either cudge or feds. Ya would think they'd be playing feds.

Ok gents, Saturday's game, whose going to win? Cudgie at home, very hard to beat, but Feds did narrow the gap in their last meeting. I am going to say the blues by 10 points.

If I was Tumba, I would rather play Feds next weeks final.

Good write up chopper, were tumba at full strength besides losing stevens? a week off to freshen up should hold them in good stead to take on either cudge or feds. Ya would think they'd be playing feds.
Gooditaredgum yes to your question tumba had 3-4 players out but will be rite for prelim, so there is going to be some hard decisions to be made at the selection table.
Tip for this week
Feds by 3pts but will be going into the game without my adopted son big loss but will be back for their next game

Yesterdays game at cudgie between cudgie/feds was a really good game of footy. 1st quarter in the first 10min neither side was able to score with both backlines on top until cudgies midfield started to get on top ,cudgie taking a slight lead until feds players L.Iaria ,D.Bond and the Hill brothers getting control of the midfield ,feds going into the second quarter with a 1pt lead.Again both sides found it hard to kick goals ,feds going into the halftime break 2pts up.Start of the 3rd quarter [my opinion only] I believe both sides made two bad decision .First with feds Ohlin playing down back ,everytime feds went into there forward line J.Cleven just set cudgie up to run the ball out allowing cudgie to put 3gls on the board before feds got there 1st goal.Ohlin was moved back down the ground so Cleven was put back on him which allowed feds to kick 3 quick gls going into the last quarter with nothing in it .Now for cudgie. When ohlin was in there forward line cudgie was rite on top of feds due to Aabers, Pynapples, Steele,[who was Easley cudgies best player], A.Cleven getting plenty of the ball then A.Cleven went to the bench personally I would of put him in the forward pocket because cudgies forward line was to short.B.Hall was cudgies best forward putting Cleven there they could put the ball up high putting even more pressure on feds back line.Anyway last quarter feds just dominated Ohlin back in the goal square Jarvis ,M.Cole L.Paton,who gives there forward line another option and you could name a lot more just ran cudgie off there feet. Kicking the ball high into Ohlin who just marked nearly everything coming his way, I think he kicked at least 5gls it was game over.Well done feds Cudgie will now have to regroup for this weeks prelim against Tumba.

Yesterdays game at cudgie between cudgie/feds was a really good game of footy. 1st quarter in the first 10min neither side was able to score with both backlines on top until cudgies midfield started to get on top ,cudgie taking a slight lead until feds players L.Iaria ,D.Bond and the Hill brothers getting control of the midfield ,feds going into the second quarter with a 1pt lead.Again both sides found it hard to kick goals ,feds going into the halftime break 2pts up.Start of the 3rd quarter [my opinion only] I believe both sides made two bad decision .First with feds Ohlin playing down back ,everytime feds went into there forward line J.Cleven just set cudgie up to run the ball out allowing cudgie to put 3gls on the board before feds got there 1st goal.Ohlin was moved back down the ground so Cleven was put back on him which allowed feds to kick 3 quick gls going into the last quarter with nothing in it .Now for cudgie. When ohlin was in there forward line cudgie was rite on top of feds due to Aabers, Pynapples, Steele,[who was Easley cudgies best player], A.Cleven getting plenty of the ball then A.Cleven went to the bench personally I would of put him in the forward pocket because cudgies forward line was to short.B.Hall was cudgies best forward putting Cleven there they could put the ball up high putting even more pressure on feds back line.Anyway last quarter feds just dominated Ohlin back in the goal square Jarvis ,M.Cole L.Paton,who gives there forward line another option and you could name a lot more just ran cudgie off there feet. Kicking the ball high into Ohlin who just marked nearly everything coming his way, I think he kicked at least 5gls it was game over.Well done feds Cudgie will now have to regroup for this weeks prelim against Tumba.
Great write up. Don't you know anyone's first names though?
I see Brent Ohlin won the league medal but only figured in Feds best players 6 times based on the website. Was he a deserving winner or did he get lucky?

I see Brent Ohlin won the league medal but only figured in Feds best players 6 times based on the website. Was he a deserving winner or did he get lucky?
Yes to your question Fruit but you guys can fill them in.If I make it to the prelim next week I will put their full names in for you.
Well done Brent Ohlin on winning leagues medal was a surprise .

Well done to big "Roy" ohlin. Missed a couple of games during the season also. I thought A Hill was a good chance but Ohlin does stand out playing in the ruck for large parts of games for us this year. Good result for Feds at the weekend. Game was a real arm wrestle for 3 quarters. Cudgewa had a few players have off games. Don't think that will happen again. Heard the x coach of the blues was not happy. Left the ground in quite a rush after the game.

Last edited:
Ok gents, Saturday's game, whose going to win? Cudgie at home, very hard to beat, but Feds did narrow the gap in their last meeting. I am going to say the blues by 10 points.

If I was Tumba, I would rather play Feds next weeks final.

Demonroo, good luck Saturday, old mate.

Seniors Cudgewa 43pts

2nds Bullioh 42pts

Demonroo, good luck Saturday, old mate.

Seniors Cudgewa 43pts

2nds Bullioh 42pts

You too mate, seems like yesterday we were only talking about the 2012 grand final. Me and a mate are driving up from Albury to watch the game.

In an upset: Rooboys by 5 points in the seniors and I hate to say it but the dogs by 20 points.

hey chop I reckon tumba will go very close to rolling the blues nxt week cudgy out in strait sets???
Buzz would be great if that did happen but I think cudgie will get over the line by 21pts. If tumba can stop there running through the lines ,yes there could be an upset.
In the ressies I think feds will advance to the G.F. for a rematch with cudgie

(Log in to remove this ad.)

chop If cudgy do win they will be a bit bruised and battered YOU know as well as I do that tumba will throw everything at em including the kitchen sink,and in saying that I wouldn't like to be playing feds with sore legs in the GF

Well guys prelim is now over Cudgie advance for a rematch with feds in G.F.
The game between tumba/cudgie on Saturday came down to the last 15mins between both teams with cudgie able to run away with a 23pt win.The 1st quarter I think cudgie surprised tumba playing James Cleven in the forward line took some strong marks but his kicking for goal was s**t.With Jarrod Turner going down in the last 10mins of the 1st quarter not to return until the 3rd quarter.Both sides kicking 3gls each cudgie going into the second quarter with a 1pt lead.2nd quarter tumba kicked 3gls 2 to cudgies 1gl 3 with tumba having most of the play but cudgies backline standing up.Tumba went into the half time break with a 10pt lead.3rd quarter was where tumba could of done some damage,with Jarrod Turner coming back on gave them a lot more drive through the midfield but when they went forward 8 out of 10 kicks went to the pocket not the goal square where Ben Carey was one on one[when you have a choice to kick to the square or pocket take the square because you take the pressure off the opposition when you go to the pockets].Cudgie through the efforts of Ben Aalbers, Dane Authers, Alan Cleven, and young Jackson Brown and a few others got control back of the game and were able to kick 4gls 5 to tumba 2gls. Last quarter tumba kicked accouple of quick gls to get back within 9pts but that's where it ended.Ben Aalbers and a few others started running through the lines witch put more pressure on tumba's backline resulting in cudgie kicking 5gls to tumba's 3gls. A fare few players from both sides would be very sore the next day, there was a few little flare-ups during the game but that's expected in finals.
My best players for Tumba were Cayden Winter, Tim Post, Quinn Rooney, Fergus Whitehead, Mark Parr and Alex Jones
For Cudgie I thought Ben Aalbers, Dane Authers, Joel Bailey,Alan Cleven, Mitchell Pynapples
My money is on Feds next week with Williams an Collins returning

chop I was told that cudgy ran out of bench & may have a few injury concerns any truth in that?
Buzz I would say both sides would have some sore players, but a red card was shown to someone on the ground don't think it was a player ,didn't see anyone heading towards the bench.Lets just hope we get another day like last week SUNNY

Like to tip Cudgewa this weekend but unfortunately think Feds we'll win! Having the week of they'll be nice and fresh.

well that f#@ked a lot of peoples tips>>>Goodwork Cudgewa on Back to Back flags ??? time to chase a 3 peat

Remove this Banner Ad

Back