Traded Adam Treloar [traded w/ #28 to Collingwood for #7, #65, 2016 first rounder]

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm aware of a statement from someone who would know, who's Adam Treloar affiliated rather than club affiliated. It's just not public yet. The decision was made some time ago.

Fine. You feel you have inside info. Good.

I'll still wait and see.

Come on now... He nominated GWS. You're clutching at straws. Frankly, you don't even know if Sydney was even interested in him.

Patfull was agnostic but then it turned out Sydney couldn't offer a trade because of the trade ban. Word was that Sydney would have offered more because he fit their profile better, but in the end GWS still put together a decent offer. Just FYI.

Patfull was agnostic but then it turned out Sydney couldn't offer a trade because of the trade ban. Word was that Sydney would have offered more because he fit their profile better, but in the end GWS still put together a decent offer. Just FYI.

i heard the same from a sydney supporter with very old ties to the club, also claimed that it was patfull not paddy ryder that set the trade restrictions in motion

What they said ^^^
Ok, I'll concede Patful might have been willing to go to two separate clubs, but there's still no evidence to back up that he would'nt have chosen one over the other if they both had made a legitimate pitch to him.

So that's maybe 1 out of how many completed trades last year who didn't nominate a single destination?

Ok, I'll concede Patful might have been willing to go to two separate clubs, but there's still no evidence to back up that he would'nt have chosen one over the other if they both had made a legitimate pitch to him.

So that's maybe 1 out of how many completed trades last year who didn't nominate a single destination?

Dont get my wrong I think Treloar is going to the pies, I just think the tigers coming in very hard and late will increase what many many people thought 2 months ago was done deal, to a deal which is now more expensive. I still think that Collingwood would probably be his preferred destination, however all my point was, is that he is not as cheap as he was 2 months ago due to demand going up.

Now at a minimum will cost 2 x first rounders + some pick swaps to get GWS some extra points.

Dont get my wrong I think Treloar is going to the pies, I just think the tigers coming in very hard and late will increase what many many people thought 2 months ago was done deal, to a deal which is now more expensive. I still think that Collingwood would probably be his preferred destination, however all my point was, is that he is not as cheap as he was 2 months ago due to demand going up.

Now at a minimum will cost 2 x first rounders + some pick swaps to get GWS some extra points.
I still don't get why you think that trade offers to GWS are going to sway Adam's decision? Richmond and North were still heavily in to him back then too.
As long as he feels that GWS aren't being completely out through the wringer (which is unlikely, Collingwood have always been equitable at the trade table in general, and have recent history at the trade table with GWS with Adams/Shaw), Richmond offering high draft picks is unlikely to sway his decision.

The whole thing with two firsts from Richmond versus a first and second from Collingwood is misleading anyway. If they need points for a Academy players, Collingwood's first and second would be almost identical points-wise to two mid teens picks from Richmond.

I still don't get why you think that trade offers to GWS are going to sway Adam's decision? Richmond and North were still heavily in to him back then too.
As long as he feels that GWS aren't being completely out through the wringer (which is unlikely, Collingwood have always been equitable at the trade table in general, and have recent history at the trade table with GWS with Adams/Shaw), Richmond offering high draft picks is unlikely to sway his decision.

The whole thing with two firsts from Richmond versus a first and second from Collingwood is misleading anyway. If they need points for a Academy players, Collingwood's first and second would be almost identical points-wise to two mid teens picks from Richmond.

Not spread across two years though which may suit them better.

Not spread across two years though which may suit them better.
Maybe, maybe not. As it is now, Collingwoods picks allow GWS to retain a top 10 pick in this years draft, whilst acquiring both their Academy boys. Pretty much all they need given they'll likely only take 3 players in this years draft.

As it is, the only way I can see our two first rounders being used is if Hampton is a part of the deal, in which case it might be two firsts and a third.

Once Carlton offload Yarren/Henderson/Bell/(Menzel?) for draft picks, i feel like they have the most currency to trade for Treloar.

However, I don't think it's in SOS' philosophy that trading early draft picks for a gun mid is the way to start a rebuild.

Once Carlton offload Yarren/Henderson/Bell/(Menzel?) for draft picks, i feel like they have the most currency to trade for Treloar.

However, I don't think it's in SOS' philosophy that trading early draft picks for a gun mid is the way to start a rebuild.
Surely you don't think those four gain enough currency to play in the Treloar space?

"Adam's decision" is essentially the clubs decision, unless his decision is to go to the PSD, just FYI.

Once again I dont think it will "sway his decision", it just might mean that the club goes back to pies and goes, this is what the other offers say....please price match.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Adam's decision" is essentially the clubs decision, unless his decision is to go to the PSD, just FYI.

Once again I dont think it will "sway his decision", it just might mean that the club goes back to pies and goes, this is what the other offers say....please price match.

This is as pointless a discussion as him going to Carlton or North. If he chooses to leave like 95% of all traded players he'll nominate a club and get there.

Sure it's ok to discuss the slim possibility that it plays out as you've suggested, but taking that angle any further is pointless.

Just like it was Collingwoods decision to retain Beams last year given he was contracted. It's naive to think that clubs hold much power over player movements these days, but if you think that's how it will play out, more power to you.

There is 0 chance Treloar will go to the Blues...
He is better off staying at GWS.
I think that's something we can all agree on. Suck it, Blues supporters!

itshappening.gif

@CellinoFactor: I heard from a very reliable source that Adam Treloar has asked GWS management this morning to be traded to Richmond. Keen to be a Tiger

@CellinoFactor: It seems Collingwood are filthy on Treloar, they thought they had a commitment from him weeks ago, but he's done a backflip. Tigers bound

itshappening.gif

168343_dea1d51e504da952a174a5cf98d7a3f8.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back