List Mgmt. 2015 Draft. Rookie Draft on Friday

Remove this Banner Ad

Id be looking at

Pick 3 Parish
Pick 7-8(dixon pick) Curnow or Burton
Pick 20- jade Gresham
Pick 23-24 Hibbered

Ive gone on a bit of a needs basis here.

Personally i think we need another gun Mid. He wont be played much next year but doubt he'd really be needed, Hopefully.
but expect a big 2017 especially if 1of O'Meara or Prestia leave.

Once Dixon leaves id like to replace him with a agile Med forward.
More likely to play first year if there not 200cm tall etc. Curnow and Burton fit this mould.

Third pick i think we need a high production elite skilled small mid who can also play down forward
Similar to Isac Heeny this year.

And lastly a tall back flank/mid in the Kolo build.

It would not surprise me if Scott Clayton went with Hibberd and Lovell during the draft.

Clayton is a Tasmanian who has had some good success recruiting Tasmanian boys who have all played good football in 2015 under difficult circumstances.

Russell, Hall, Lonergan, KK, Lonergan and Schade.

If Clayton thinks they are good enough it is a serious "plus" that there is no go home factor. Obviously there is always a chance that someone will splash the cash but that is life.

Lots of things need to fall into place but I will wait and watch with interest.

We'd have 4 picks before 25
You'd be stupid not to.
You can upgrade saad with pick 88

No club would use a pick in the early second round to upgrade a rookie :|

We will probably use our end of Rd 1 & early Rd 2 picks to trade in players.

Pick 3 & 10 in the draft
Pick 19'ish & 22'ish player trade
Late Rd picks to upgrade Saad & Brooksby

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton wanting to dump injury prone ruckman to get picks 1 and 2.
Silvani doing cartwheels how easy it will be to turn Carlton around with Weitering and Schache.

Means Suns will have pick 4..?
http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/car...r-a-draft-bounty/story-e6frg12c-1227514452373
I'd be so pissed if that happened, but I'd be very surprised if the AFL gave Carlton a pick after their first as compensation. It's purely rorting the system by refusing to offer a decent contract to an FA with the sole intention of making them sign elsewhere in order to receive a compensation pick. They'd get one after their second rounder, imo. It's not as if the formula is set in stone. The AFL has a committee which discusses the compensation and decides what the best result is. They're not going to allow it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back