2015 Division 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Dont worry you weren't the only one complaining about boags and the entry price!!

What was with the fact if you wanted a beer you pretty much had to stand in the rain? That was annoying. I agree with the whole dry area but surely they need an alternative for people who want a beer

i suppose this is what happens when you aren't use to visiting Cramer st during finals. most of us are use to the tip top service that is supplied. I better ask the BOOF what he thinks of this.I got my food across the road at the market .plenty of dim sims there d.c.

Whenever the subject of finals comes up Boags is usually the first negative raised by anyone who wants a couple of coldies at the footy. Imagine a league that actually gave it's patrons a choice of the type of beer they'd like to drink at the finals, what a crazy world that would be. Or conversely, imagine if you were forced to drink Boags at all local home and away games, for many clubs that might be the straw that breaks the camels back.

Positive signs from Monty i hear with them being very quick to sign a number of their young players for 2016 already. Good effort from them to get it done so early.

Interesting to see Dean Limbach kick his 100th goal for the season on the weekend in the EFL, would of been very handy at Mont in 2015.

Positive signs from Monty i hear with them being very quick to sign a number of their young players for 2016 already. Good effort from them to get it done so early.

Interesting to see Dean Limbach kick his 100th goal for the season on the weekend in the EFL, would of been very handy at Mont in 2015.

sorry ebert but there is nothing interesting about dean limbach kicking his 100th goal on the weekend in the EFL. just another money hungry peanut that mont are better off without.

sorry ebert but there is nothing interesting about dean limbach kicking his 100th goal on the weekend in the EFL. just another money hungry peanut that mont are better off without.

Good effort to kick 100 but is he playing EFL div2? If so you would expect him to dominate that division.

Barry- I agree in part, but good footballers do demand good coin especially full forwards. I rate them the equal of a good ruckman & midfielder especially when it comes to div2.

He is worth every cent and then some.

he will be worth every cent when he delivers a side a premiership.

until then he is just another full forward with a fat wallet and a goal kicking trophy.

anyway lets focus on preston. main game should be a cracker!

i suppose this is what happens when you aren't use to visiting Cramer st during finals. most of us are use to the tip top service that is supplied. I better ask the BOOF what he thinks of this.I got my food across the road at the market .plenty of dim sims there d.c.

Serving-up Boags may very well be a preemptive strike towards the introduction of nil service of alcohol during local footy games.

Seriously, the NFL is getting to be made to look like a fool with using Preston. Few points.

$5 Boags....seriously.

$13 for an adult to get in and have the shittiest service imaginable......and Boags....

No clubrooms open. No access to warmer, dry areas. Now I can handle it but when you hear that ladies had to use the public toilets out the back to change babies its beyond a joke (the used needle disposal was full as well....just stating that in case anyone from Preston Council reads this and wants to clean it before next week). No where to have a beer inside during the game, the old half time pots watching the 3rd leg of your quaddie. Nah, Carlton wont let you in, we are just red headed step children that are getting ripped off whilst others make money off us.

Boags....I heard some people suggest they would pay $25 to get in if they could have a VB or Draught.

No fried food. Now the health nuts might rejoice but hot chips etc are many football fans staple. They have a decent BBQ (all profits to Carlton) and a canteen but it had SFA food as they really wanted you to use the BBQ.

Boags....seriously, has anyone walked away from there with a changed pallet and filled their fridge at home with this crap.

Coffee was OK.

Parking, we know its a joke, nearly as much as them not allowing people to park at Epping or Whittlesea (which is only so people cannot bring their own beer). Now I know parking is always going to be hard at most places its still a pain in the ass.

Boags....$5 and mixed spirits $7.....I know what I saw most people drinking......

With their love of the almighty dollar in their sell out to everyone's favourite beer, maybe with that money they could make the Division One Finals more than the joke it has become.

Having been to all grounds and many finals including Whittlesea, Epping, Shelly St and more I would rather be back there any day.

The ground was in good nick though.

Boags/

Danny, been reading some of these posts and they are very good reading. Can I ask is Boags a major sponsor of the NFL or the finals series? I also prefer a draught or VB but don't mind the Boags light which is served at most clubs I go to over my way.

Cheers

Well done to Supa winning the Coach of the Year. Has done extremely well to get the group from 3rd last to 3rd this year. Just out of curiosity, why is it not judged after the season is finished, just say NP won it from 5th surely that would alter the results.

Well done to Supa winning the Coach of the Year. Has done extremely well to get the group from 3rd last to 3rd this year. Just out of curiosity, why is it not judged after the season is finished, just say NP won it from 5th surely that would alter the results.

It was actually 2nd last in 2014. And the award is not based on performance. Team performance is about the 5th aspect they base the selection on..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Danny, been reading some of these posts and they are very good reading. Can I ask is Boags a major sponsor of the NFL or the finals series? I also prefer a draught or VB but don't mind the Boags light which is served at most clubs I go to over my way.

Cheers

Yes Boags pay a handsome fee to have the rights, with my non-joking hat on I can understand why they accept this sponsorship, its basic economics I suppose.

Serving-up Boags may very well be a preemptive strike towards the introduction of nil service of alcohol during local footy games.

Welcome back boof, between you and kickass being lost all year this forum has been too quite at times.

How is cricket pre-season going, I hear the pitch at Warringal is a new one?

Yes Boags pay a handsome fee to have the rights, with my non-joking hat on I can understand why they accept this sponsorship, its basic economics I suppose.
Boags did go hard on sponsering local clubs a few years back, most clubs lost out due to the drop in beer sales, i cant see how the NFL would be any different, although they would be happy that people arent getting pissed at the finals.

Boags did go hard on sponsering local clubs a few years back, most clubs lost out due to the drop in beer sales, i cant see how the NFL would be any different

Yep, thats exactly the situation at my club in the Ammos.

Well all one way traffic today in the major semi-finals and all Green, For the second straight year Greensborough will field a side in the Div 1 Seniors, Reserves and Under 19s.

Going on what they did today they'd also be starting favourites to go one better this year and get the clean sweep of all three which they missed last year with the reserves losing on last kick of the match.

Well all one way traffic today in the major semi-finals and all Green, For the second straight year Greensborough will field a side in the Div 1 Seniors, Reserves and Under 19s.

Going on what they did today they'd also be starting favourites to go one better this year and get the clean sweep of all three which they missed last year with the reserves losing on last kick of the match.
Looked pretty sharp for most part today Borough and it looked as though it could have been heading towards a 15 goal win. Provided they can get the job done next week, wouldn't write off Macleod, have a fair bit of talent due back which could make the world off difference.

Looked pretty sharp for most part today Borough and it looked as though it could have been heading towards a 15 goal win. Provided they can get the job done next week, wouldn't write off Macleod, have a fair bit of talent due back which could make the world off difference.
Definitely seen Macleod look better than that this season, but the experience of last season will count for a lot as will the week off. At this level a week off is more important than AFL as it gives the blokes a real freshen up seeing they work during the week as well as train.

Is anyone else bemused by the rules surrounding finals eligibility? Find it bit staggering that a VFL ones player can walk into a side for its finals campaign despite not having played a senior game all year.

The NFL are happy to fine a club (H’berg last week) for playing u/19s players in its reserves yet overlook these types of discrepancies.

This is not a shot at Greensborough BTW. They are simply taking advantage of a loophole.

NFL = pathetic.

Is anyone else bemused by the rules surrounding finals eligibility? Find it bit staggering that a VFL ones player can walk into a side for its finals campaign despite not having played a senior game all year.

The NFL are happy to fine a club (H’berg last week) for playing u/19s players in its reserves yet overlook these types of discrepancies.

This is not a shot at Greensborough BTW. They are simply taking advantage of a loophole.

NFL = pathetic.

100% agree with you.

What rules to other comps have that are different? Is it a NFL loophole or AFL Vic one? Its not something that I think is inthe best interest of local football.

I feel for the blokes that train and play all year only to miss out but as you said they have essentially done nothing wrong.

100% agree with you.

What rules to other comps have that are different? Is it a NFL loophole or AFL Vic one? Its not something that I think is inthe best interest of local football.

I feel for the blokes that train and play all year only to miss out but as you said they have essentially done nothing wrong.

Have these guys qualified with a certain amount of games or is it a straight up walk in?

I also feel sorry for blokes who have been playing all year only to be dropped for the big games.

Have these guys qualified with a certain amount of games or is it a straight up walk in?

I also feel sorry for blokes who have been playing all year only to be dropped for the big games.
I'm led to believe that when the VFL bye weekends came about, player was signed on to team sheets in Reserves without actually participating. Just what I've heard, so perhaps someone else can confirm if it's correct.

I'm led to believe that when the VFL bye weekends came about, player was signed on to team sheets in Reserves without actually participating. Just what I've heard, so perhaps someone else can confirm if it's correct.

Close but incorrect.
Walked onto the ground, ball was bounced.
Walked straight back off and didn't participate any further.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back