Unofficial Preview Changes/prematch discussion v Tiges [Out: 15/30/11/9/4/22/19/10/16 | In: 36/38/41/35/32/2/14/21/40]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I can't beat them, join them as it is obvious we will rest a few players, so I have had a study and here is my predicted changes for the game who can hopefully get the job done.

Out: Thompson
In: Tippett

Out: Dal Santo
In: Mullett

Out: Goldstein
In: Daw, would love to see how he would ruck in a full game.

Out: Higgins
In: Thomas

Out: Waite
In: Black

On a couple of players who I don't think will be rested.

Brent Harvey: would give BS an evil look at the suggestion of being rested, hates to miss a game.

Andrew Swallow: starting o find form after having a few ordinary games mid season, need to keep momentum with him.

Rest of the midfielders: Rested last week so don't need another one and can't go into a finals match on the back of last weeks form.

All in all I don't think the club will go above resting more than 5 but I've been wrong many times before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those ins (leaving Goldy out of it as he has barely missed) would get us close to a lineup that has been excellent in the past. Hardly also-rans, even if none have had much opportunity this season.

Those ins (leaving Goldy out of it as he has barely missed) would get us close to a lineup that has been excellent in the past. Hardly also-rans, even if none have had much opportunity this season.
Look I think if we ran out on Friday night football with an uncompetitive team, the AFL after obliging to channel sevens demands, would take away all our Friday night games for next season.

Look I think if we ran out on Friday night football with an uncompetitive team, the AFL after obliging to channel sevens demands, would take away all our Friday night games for next season.

Carlton have been doing it all year!! AFL won't give us Friday night games because we are NMFC. Watch them screw us for Good Friday footy as well...

Carlton have been doing it all year!! AFL won't give us Friday night games because we are NMFC. Watch them screw us for Good Friday footy as well...
If you don't think the AFL can be the biggest ***** then you are mistaken. And on Carlton, they just plain shite and therefore it is the AFL faults for giving them ample Friday nights.

I don't think we will see many of the werribee listed players in this week considering they are playing an elimanation final against collingwood.

It would not be a good start to our alignment with them if we pulled out 3-4 players and it cost them a final.

F*** that. I want to have a look at Wood and Harper, two players that could offer us the run we are in need of.

It's tough but do you think Ross Lyon will give a flying * about the effect he's going to have on his feeder club? I doubt he even spent more then thirty seconds thinking about it.

Edit; we're also resting Goldy so you can be sure we'll play either Daw or Currie. Please don't tell me you'd prefer we played Wallace or Pruess?

If they are struggling to come up, surely they are injured. I don't see the issue.

Or does the AFL now encourage the playing of injured players?

Regardless, we have been good enough to secure a finals spot with a week to spare. We can do what we ******* well please.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

* resting them if they want to be like that.

Just drop them. Goldy, your form has been shot all year, cut.

Harvey, I told you to shave those sideburns...you're cut.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Brad Scotts on Thursday: "Good practice, boys. Now its time for the easiest part of any coach's job. The cuts. Although I wasn't able to cut everyone I wanted to, I have cut a lot of you. Goldy is cut. Dal is cut. Boomer, you're gone. Cunners, I like your hussle. [Cunners smiles] That's why it was so hard to cut you. [Cunners frowns] Congratulations, the rest of you made the team! [random sighs of relief] Except you, you and you."

F*** that. I want to have a look at Wood and Harper, two players that could offer us the run we are in need of.

It's tough but do you think Ross Lyon will give a flying **** about the effect he's going to have on his feeder club? I doubt he even spent more then thirty seconds thinking about it.

Edit; we're also resting Goldy so you can be sure we'll play either Daw or Currie. Please don't tell me you'd prefer we played Wallace or Pruess?
To be fair, I would rather Preuss than Currie, though I think if Goldy is rested it will be Daw that plays ruck. We gain nothing from playing Currie; it's unlikely he'll be here next season and we already know what he can do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's tough but do you think Ross Lyon will give a flying **** about the effect he's going to have on his feeder club? I doubt he even spent more then thirty seconds thinking about it.

If we are going to take the piss why not unleash the beast? Four quarters of smashing into maric should soften him up nicely.

Herald sun article about who has the freshest midfielders from the top 8 sides heading into finals.

To me it shows we don't have enough quality mids going through the middle to be able to rest our prime movers and some of our mids need a rest this week as it might explain last weeks effort.
TOP-FIVE RANKED MIDFIELDERS?

ave games played / ave % of game time spent in midfield

Fremantle: 20 / 77%

West Coast: 19 / 75%

Hawthorn: 19 / 67%

Sydney: 21 / 63%

Richmond: 21 / 74%

Western Bulldogs: 19 / 66%

Adelaide: 17 / 75%

North Melbourne: 19 / 84%

do you think the league need anymore reason to give the few Friday Night games we get to the Bulldogs? seriously look at Ballarat. I don't give a flying * what the league thinks about our club.

Herald sun article about who has the freshest midfielders from the top 8 sides heading into finals.

To me it shows we don't have enough quality mids going through the middle to be able to rest our prime movers and some of our mids need a rest this week as it might explain last weeks effort.

Doesn't surprise me. We play the same players in the middle for the whole game even if its not working. Its like mixing it up doesn't cross the coach's mind. This is in spite of having two of the best marking midfielder's in the game in Ziebell and Cunnington. Infuriating.

If we are going to take the piss why not unleash the beast? Four quarters of smashing into maric should soften him up nicely.

Don't mind it. That's what I was sort of thinking with Currie, but yeah, the Beast can do the job.

To be fair, I would rather Preuss than Currie, though I think if Goldy is rested it will be Daw that plays ruck. We gain nothing from playing Currie; it's unlikely he'll be here next season and we already know what he can do.

Do we know what Currie can do? He's never really had much of a chance.

Their biggest shot will be if Freo fall over.

I think West Coast will win the lot. They have the right attack vs defence balance to get them there.

It pains me to think of West Coast winning a flag.
Nowhere near as much as the thought of Ross Lyon winning a flag.

Hopefully he'll leave Freo failing at the big dance and decrepit just like he did with St Kilda.

I didn't need the Hun to tell me that!

Status