Media alert

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just heard Eddie on triple M... He reminds me of my ex.

Wishes the best for us but really wants us to die haha

He talked how we have good people at the club like swann, talked about how the dogs were us last year and how quick things turned around, then interrupted Darcy to say "well, I remember we had a contracted player in dayne swan And they stole him"...... I'm aware I wrote Dane swan but that's what he said. Apparently we have swan

As I said reminds me of my ex haha

Ooops he's let it slip, Dayne Swan is coming to Brisbane, Eddie said so himself. Run with that DBar!:cool::eek:

AFL 360 we are on the agenda tonight. Woo hoo!

Kingy: No, they haven't had the opportunity. Let's not over react. Average games lost to injury in a season for a team is 90. Brisbane have lost 240. Club needs stability.

So if I have this right.

In a 22 game season the average is 4.1 players per round are out injured.
Brisbane Lions 2015 - 10.9 players unavailable due to injury each round.

That is close enough to half the 22 player squad is out due to injury.

This cannot be discounted as major impact on our 2015 season.

I'm waiting to see what happens when this number has reduced half way through next season (optimistic hope).

I'm with you Kingy.

Thanks for not jumping on the bandwagon of pummelling the Lions at every opportunity!

Thanks for bringing some perspective!

Courier Mail today. "Gabba Floodgates Fear".

• Mayes is the latest name to be linked to a move away
  • Martin's name coming up as well
  • Swann is playing down the Mayes speculation
  • Rockliff admitted he is concerned
  • Redden wants to leave not because of money or a go home factor but because he thinks his career has stagnated the last 2 years
  • West Coast nominated as his choice but leaving options open\
  • A senir official has described the situation as "retrievable"
Nothing really new there. I agree with the above post. Let's not over react and/or panic.

Also....

Right now, 2015! is exactly what Leppa mentioned a couple of times through the year. The triple premiership years were built on the hard years at the end of the millennium allowing us to build from the low in 1998 - wooden spoon

1998 - 5 wins
1999 - 16 (Leigh Matthews starts as coach:thumbsu:)
2000 - 12
2001 - 17 (premiers:thumbsu:)
2002 - 17 (premiers:thumbsu:)
2003 - 14 (premiers:thumbsu:)
2004 - 16 (Runners Up:cry:)

Oh and by the way, Bulldogs this year - they aren't even doing what the Lions did in 1999:) - they are only going from 7 - 15 wins (assuming they win on Saturday).

And finally on the injury & media scrutiny front ...

of the 4 new coaches that started in Round 1 2014

Adam Simpson Games - 43 wins - 26 Losses - 16 Draws - 1 Percentage - 60.5%
Alan Richardson Games - 43 wins - 10 Losses - 32 Draws - 1 Percentage - 23.3%
Justin Leppitsch Games - 43 wins - 10 Losses - 33 Draws - 0 Percentage - 23.3%
Leon Cameron Games - 43 wins - 17 Losses - 26 Draws - 0 Percentage - 39.5%

Leppa and Richardson with same number of wins. Obviously that draw has made all the difference in the scrutiny by the media /sarcasm.

Lets have a look at the injury list - Currently Brisbane 16 players, St Kilda 8 players - and that is pretty much how it has been all year with the difference between the lists available.

Ok, rest my case.

Once again Thanks Kingy!

One thing I have learned about
And finally on the injury & media scrutiny front ...

of the 4 new coaches that started in Round 1 2014

Adam Simpson Games - 43 wins - 26 Losses - 16 Draws - 1 Percentage - 60.5%
Alan Richardson Games - 43 wins - 10 Losses - 32 Draws - 1 Percentage - 23.3%
Justin Leppitsch Games - 43 wins - 10 Losses - 33 Draws - 0 Percentage - 23.3%
Leon Cameron Games - 43 wins - 17 Losses - 26 Draws - 0 Percentage - 39.5%

Leppa and Richardson with same number of wins. Obviously that draw has made all the difference in the scrutiny by the media /sarcasm.

Lets have a look at the injury list - Currently Brisbane 16 players, St Kilda 8 players - and that is pretty much how it has been all year with the difference between the lists available.

Ok, rest my case.

Once again Thanks Kingy!
I read that as Leppa coaching 33 draws :drunk:

This can only help us, as a young team...

AFL to officially scrap sub rule and slash number of rotations in bid to reduce on-field congestion

Jay ClarkHerald Sun
6278bfed1ef766f09d56435feef4663c

The sub rule will be gone from 2016.

THE AFL has formally decided to abolish the substitute rule from next season and reduce interchange rotations.

The Herald Sun can reveal the green and red vests will be gone from the game in 2016 and interchange rotations will be slashed from 120 to 90.

The reduce in rotation numbers is part of an AFL plan to try to reduce on-field congestion.

Pity it won't actually help the congestion problem at all. But at least it creates the impression that the AFL are doing something about it which is the main thing.

Pity it won't actually help the congestion problem at all. But at least it creates the impression that the AFL are doing something about it which is the main thing.

* their congestion problem, good riddance to something that screws with my SCing. :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree 100%

"I've stagnated here"

"I need a fresh start so I can reach my potential

The coach doesn't understand me. Boo hoo. Poor me"

What a crock of shizen.

Typical of what's wrong with society in general. Absolutely pisses me off.

"If things aren't going right for me, it's someone else's fault or a product of my environment. It couldn't possibly be my attitude or that I'm just not working hard enough to get better. Nope, I'm unhappy and I'm not taking any responsibility. It's the rest of the world that's caused me to feel this way"

:mad::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Thank god the worst rule in AFL hustory is gone..... bloody sub rule was terrible IMO. I like the reduction in rotations too.

Now get the bloody trainers off the field to please and I'll be especially excited.

90 is a pretty nothing decision. Its a slight reduction that won't really change a thing. If you wanted to really have an effect you had to bring it sharply down. Think they have pandered to the coaches here

Fair chance it'll ramp down over time. That's what's happened in the NRL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back