Portfolio AFL Alternative History

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 23, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
Here is my first of what will be many alternative histories!
This change period will take place from 1990-1999.
In 1990 the AFL and the six major state leagues were under extreme financial pressure, which forced the AFL and the 'big six' to merge at the end of the season. Forcing outrage from current and past AFL players.

Because of the merger on 12 teams (at least one from each state) went into div 1 with the remaining teams dropping out to state leagues
-Adelaide Sharks
-Brisbane Bears
-West Coast Eagles
-Fremantle Dolphins
-Tasmania Pride
-Sydney Swans
-Carlton Blues
-Collingwood Magpies
-Essendon Bombers
-Hawthorn Hawks
-North Fitzroy Kangaroos
-St Kilda Saints

In Div 2 the top two teams from the 1990 season from the VFL,WAFL,SANFL,TFL,QAFL and the NFL got promoted to go into this division.
At the end of the year the Australian Local and Country Football Championships are held and the winner will face off with bottom of the ladder for this division in a winner takes all final to see who stays in this division. Since this, Geelong and Lucknow have been promoted, so the teams are:
-Geelong Cats
-Springvale Hawks
-Subiaco Eagles
-Claremont Tigers
-Port Adelaide Magpies
-Lucknow Power (Formerly Magpies)
-Hobart Lions (Formerly Tigers)
-North Launceston Bombers
-Southport Sharks

-Morningside Panthers
-Heidelberg FC (Formerly Tigers)
-Epping Blues

Last edited:

I like the idea of the logo, but I'd recommend making the M shape smaller, so that you can see the A behind it. You could even make the green line become the line inside the A. Also, to keep the colours going, maybe change the black to blue?

On the jumper, I'm pretty sure the M is meant to represent the coast of South Australia, so maybe putting it on a diagonal going from the (player) right down to the left.

I like the idea of the logo, but I'd recommend making the M shape smaller, so that you can see the A behind it. You could even make the green line become the line inside the A. Also, to keep the colours going, maybe change the black to blue?

On the jumper, I'm pretty sure the M is meant to represent the coast of South Australia, so maybe putting it on a diagonal going from the (player) right down to the left.
Updated
Home
Adelaide-Sharks-Home.gif
Away
Adelaide-Sharks-Away.gif

It's close to what I was referring to, but I meant the other way. I said the players right. Not ours. Have a look at a map of South Australia and have a look at the way the coast looks near Adelaide. And the M is way too big on the logo. Have a look at what I said in my previous post.

In the end, it's your portfolio. I'm just making suggestions. If you think it should be that way, go ahead.

Nice design mate, will be interested to see more

Remove this Banner Ad

Back