VFL Development League - Season 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

1992edfl2012

Senior List
May 25, 2012
northen subs
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Let's ignite some chat about the upcoming VFL season. Has anyone watched any teams' pre-season games to date? seen anything noteworthy? who are you expecting to be the teams to beat?

Seen a fair bit of Frankston seem to be fairly competitive although losing a lot of senior players expecting sandy to make a real push at the flag this year as well Williamstown !!

Coburg has a lot of depth this year! Beat Frankston 2s on the weekend and look like big improvers (I'm biased!)

It's always hard to pick this league until the season starts! With so many players being used in practice matches it's really only once round 1 comes around that everyone starts to figure out where they are at!

Coburg has a lot of depth this year! Beat Frankston 2s on the weekend and look like big improvers (I'm biased!)

It's always hard to pick this league until the season starts! With so many players being used in practice matches it's really only once round 1 comes around that everyone starts to figure out where they are at!

Coburg had a big win in round 1. they look very much improved.

On SEN. Was listening to some official from an amateur club say he expected to get players back to his club next year with VFL development league not around next year.
would be surprised if true. i think AFL Victoria were committed to the comp for another 3 seasons

would be surprised if true. i think AFL Victoria were committed to the comp for another 3 seasons

Interesting one and could be true. To be honest the standard has dropped off and the number of clubs is low causing fixturing issues. Besides for Willy & Box Hill the other side's are very sub standard and some players wouldn't be playing seniors in div1 local footy.

Could the AFL be thinking to increase the number of VFL games being played as AFL curtain raisers. Think this is better going forward.

No truth in rumours as far as I know. Clubs are still being told to plan for lists big enough for development league sides so I don't think there's any truth in that report
VFL Seniors & Development league will stay as is in '16. Box Hill & 'Town will continue their monopoly on the development league title later today. Will be interesting to see if 'Town can make it three in a row or if Box Hill will remain undefeated for the year.

VFL Seniors & Development league will stay as is in '16. Box Hill & 'Town will continue their monopoly on the development league title later today. Will be interesting to see if 'Town can make it three in a row or if Box Hill will remain undefeated for the year.

Development League Grand Final

Williamstown won by 1 point in Golden Point time!

Can't wait to hear about it from more people, Golden Point always create so many contentious issues!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I heard tonight this development league is gone from end of this season.
Why is it called development league anyway ?

where did you hear that?

On SEN. Was listening to some official from an amateur club say he expected to get players back to his club next year with VFL development league not around next year.

I was two years too early.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back