Alex Wright (Norwood)

Jack Tuthill

North Launceston

Ins:

Outs:

Michael Stingel (Norwood)
Tom Bennett
Corey Nankervis

* will only add confirmed as there are obviously heaps of rumours out there.

* post here and I’ll add on

Last edited:
Yeah its a pretty big deal, every club plays to make finals, its nice to win them when your in them, so far they are doing better than 6 other clubs, second best in the south and best on the eastern shore ;) only club in the comp to make the finals for the last 4 years also.
Really going places!

Sam Lonergan to coach Launceston, great pickup by the blues.

Yes a good pickup for them.

The weekends games went as expected. Burnie got off to a big start & North Launy fought back. Burnie will be better than when they played Glenorchy last time. A 2nd semi is more important than a dead rubber last game. I think Burnie will try to be physical & take Glenorchy out. It wont be as easy to do that at BRO as it is a drier, faster & bigger track than WPO. If they cant beat them physically, then Burnie could be in trouble as Glenorchy run a spread better than anyone except North Launceston who play a similar style.

Lauderdale were too good for a slow Devonport at BRO. However, I think they will struggle against North Launy on the big Aurora ground. NL are pretty quick & well organised. I expect them to be too good for Lauderdale & they wont take any crap off Winters boys, I recon.

But its finals so anything can happen.

1st week out of hospital and their has been some great games played. did anyone see the development game at aurora against Clarence v nrth bombers this week end past. one boy from Clarence had his jaw broken in the third quarter. I was there watching my grandson play in that game and saw this young bloke take a great mark and then the nrths full forward steam straight at him hitting him in the head with his shoulder nocking him to the ground out to the stars. I happened in front of the umpires and who waited to see if the player could get up and out of the way, he couldn't and the umpires unsure what to do threw the ball up in the air and continued to play. I know of this kid Jarrod Fisher and he is tough as nails, but he was nocked six ways to Sunday. the umpires have to take more responsibility for the protection of players. it was a blatant hit in front of the umpire. the young man is in hospital had operation yesterday apparently to put his jaw back together. its as if the development rules are different to the senior rules?? or is it a problem with the umpires full stop. I am not bagging all umpires just the ones I saw officiate on Sunday. they were pretty average. if you asked Clarence football club they probably would agree in this instance. no one deserves to get smashed and nothing to happen to the person doing it. at least it should have been a mark or a free kick for head high bump.

1st week out of hospital and their has been some great games played. did anyone see the development game at aurora against Clarence v nrth bombers this week end past. one boy from Clarence had his jaw broken in the third quarter. I was there watching my grandson play in that game and saw this young bloke take a great mark and then the nrths full forward steam straight at him hitting him in the head with his shoulder nocking him to the ground out to the stars. I happened in front of the umpires and who waited to see if the player could get up and out of the way, he couldn't and the umpires unsure what to do threw the ball up in the air and continued to play. I know of this kid Jarrod Fisher and he is tough as nails, but he was nocked six ways to Sunday. the umpires have to take more responsibility for the protection of players. it was a blatant hit in front of the umpire. the young man is in hospital had operation yesterday apparently to put his jaw back together. its as if the development rules are different to the senior rules?? or is it a problem with the umpires full stop. I am not bagging all umpires just the ones I saw officiate on Sunday. they were pretty average. if you asked Clarence football club they probably would agree in this instance. no one deserves to get smashed and nothing to happen to the person doing it. at least it should have been a mark or a free kick for head high bump.

The club should lodge a complaint, the player himself can. The rules are no different. Nor the duty of care.

Joc Mcgregor has stepped down as coach of Hobart City

I think thats been coming. Good luck to him for the future.

I see in the paper that Western Storms license is 'owned' by a 2nd division NTFA team & Junior team!! They want to develop along the lines of Kingston Tigers!

Well they need a regional population like Kingston & the Huon catchment do. Thats 35k & 15k so they need an area with 50k people. They need a progressive council that wants to invest $25mill in a quality multi use sports facility in a growing area.

Who are they & AFLTas kidding?

Western Storm are basically South Prospect aren't they? Which probably places them in the Meander Valley council, apart from the fact that they play at York Park and not in Prospect or Hadspen.

I guess in some ways that might for the "one team - one council" thing that was talked about at one point as a reason to attack Hobart. Launceston are firmly in West Tamar council territory. That said, that particular concept is crazy anyway. But (other than handing out licences to mates) I guess it is some sort of laughable and lamentable rationale.

This winners of this weeks 2 finals look a little bit predictable but finals can sometimes produce some upsets. Burnie will have to turn things around a lot to have any chance of getting over Glenorchy. Last week they were missing 2 of their key forwards in their leading goal kicker Chris McDonald and Andy Lee who will both be back this week. I am sure it will be a lot closer than 2 weeks ago but I am tipping Glenorchy by 25. Its hard to see Lauderdale getting over North Launy at Aurora but it would be good for the competition if they could. North Launceston by 20.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This winners of this weeks 2 finals look a little bit predictable but finals can sometimes produce some upsets. Burnie will have to turn things around a lot to have any chance of getting over Glenorchy. Last week they were missing 2 of their key forwards in their leading goal kicker Chris McDonald and Andy Lee who will both be back this week. I am sure it will be a lot closer than 2 weeks ago but I am tipping Glenorchy by 25. Its hard to see Lauderdale getting over North Launy at Aurora but it would be good for the competition if they could. North Launceston by 20.

Yeah, they certainly look the obvious two but as you say, anything can happen in finals. Lauderdale will take a fair bit of confidence in though having beaten North earlier this year and winning there last 3 by an average margin of nearly 10 goals including a comfortable victory over a team that North lost to the week before, North do look to have the class edge though and being at home should see them get through to the Prelim.
Interestingly North have been involved in 6 matches this season that have been decided by 1 or 2 points so maybe a close one is on the cards.

Yeah, they certainly look the obvious two but as you say, anything can happen in finals. Lauderdale will take a fair bit of confidence in though having beaten North earlier this year and winning there last 3 by an average margin of nearly 10 goals including a comfortable victory over a team that North lost to the week before, North do look to have the class edge though and being at home should see them get through to the Prelim.
Interestingly North have been involved in 6 matches this season that have been decided by 1 or 2 points so maybe a close one is on the cards.
It would certainly put some extra spice and interest into the finals if Burnie and Glenorchy can get up. I didn't realise North had so many close games. They must have won most of them but that sort of luck always turns after a while.

It would certainly put some extra spice and interest into the finals if Burnie and Glenorchy can get up. I didn't realise North had so many close games. They must have won most of them but that sort of luck always turns after a while.

No, they have split the results actually, lost to Lauderdale by 1, Hobart City by 1 and Devonport by 2 whilst beating Glenorchy by 2, Burnie by 1 and Launceston by 1.

I'm sure Burnie will be better. I still think they'll have to try to belt Glenorchy out of it as they are quick & well drilled. I cant see North Launy having any trouble. Their finals experience should pull they through.

Still, both games are 2 horse races so open to any result.

North Launceston win the close one (Scoreboard was showing wrong score typical Aurora Park efficiency well done) good fight back from Lauderdale hit the front and then were cruelly nipped on the post. Well done pies getting to the big dance first GF since 2010 to be held in the south of the State

Also good stuff cityparkradio great coverage :thumbsu: of the North Launceston vs Lauderdale game I enjoyed that call.

Early September now and as per usual the cue has been put back in the rack.

Here he comes, sad sad man, sitting there waiting for a team to lose, must be an awesome life you live, bitter old man no doubt.

I am proud of my footy club, great effort they put in, got beaten by a better team on the day, that's the way it goes I suppose, at least they were out there when the whips were cracking.

Here he comes, sad sad man, sitting there waiting for a team to lose, must be an awesome life you live, bitter old man no doubt.

I am proud of my footy club, great effort they put in, got beaten by a better team on the day, that's the way it goes I suppose, at least they were out there when the whips were cracking.
Always next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back