Opinion Changes v Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

Hello Power people,

Given the AFL has managed to screw both our clubs this week - you by having the stupid rule and Us By having the ruleand saying Norf aren't breaking it - has there been any discussion on your board about "we'd rather lose for the draft pick?"

(My understanding is that by losing you could drop to 12th and get pick 7, by winning you come 9th and get pick 10 - not to mention sponsorship from a lower crowd and ratings and ticket sales since it's Fremantle's B team)

In your position, I'd be stuck between wanting to smash them for their arrogance, and wanting to... Not win for the pick. As a board which way are you leaning?

Hello Power people,

Given the AFL has managed to screw both our clubs this week - you by having the stupid rule and Us By having the ruleand saying Norf aren't breaking it - has there been any discussion on your board about "we'd rather lose for the draft pick?"

(My understanding is that by losing you could drop to 12th and get pick 7, by winning you come 9th and get pick 10 - not to mention sponsorship from a lower crowd and ratings and ticket sales since it's Fremantle's B team)

In your position, I'd be stuck between wanting to smash them for their arrogance, and wanting to... Not win for the pick. As a board which way are you leaning?

In short: we're pretty much resigned to trading our first pick, so we don't really care if it's lower.

Hello Power people,

C) compo

Hello Power people,

Hmm..

It would send a big Fuuu to the afl as far as betting and the games integrity is concerned...

But is it worth POSSIBLY ripping the fabric of a culture of a club

Hello Power people,

Rather lose for gold coasts draft pick....

Either way always play to win.

Hello Power people,

I'm always about winning and really Freo's actions have no bearing on the ladder. As raman posted we're kissing the pick goodbye anyway.

But you guys have been s**t on from a great height by what North are being allowed to do by the AFL.

Hello Power people,

I think we're more we want to beat a full strength Fremantle. We'd then be even more pissed off at ourselves if we'd beaten the reigning premiers twice and a full strength flag favourite.

meanwhile, whilst some people are worried about other teams resting players, the PAFC has equalled the record of indigenous players in the one side with 7 named for this weekend, great effort and well done boys!

As much as I am angry at Freo not fronting up with their best outfit, they could just as well have turned up with their best and played like witches hats under Lyons' instruction. Ditto North Melbourne.
I guess we at least get to see a group of Freo's enthusiastic 2nd stringers, and as their prime movers are getting older, we can assess their threat to our premiership aspirations in the coming couple of years

As much as I am angry at Freo not fronting up with their best outfit, they could just as well have turned up with their best and played like witches hats under Lyons' instruction. Ditto North Melbourne.
I guess we at least get to see a group of Freo's enthusiastic 2nd stringers, and as their prime movers are getting older, we can assess their threat to our premiership aspirations in the coming couple of years

And completely destroy their psyche so whenever they see our jumper they get a nervous twitch :) Win-win.

Sportsbet odds this weekend:
Port $1.07 Freo $9.00
Richmond $1.07 North Melbourne $9.00
Looks like a cracking weekend of football with 5 of 8 favourite teams rated $1.01-$1.07

Port $1.07 Freo $9.00
Looks like a cracking weekend of football with 5 of 8 favourite teams rated $1.01-$1.07

I just hope to hell there's a big ticket gambler out there who put a big bet on Freo at $2 a fortnight ago.

Port $1.07 Freo $9.00

The lopsided results from last weekend are as damaging to the integrity of the game as anything Freo or North are doing.

MOst of this weekend's games will probably be switched off at half time too. No wonder the networks sell advertising for less than half price after half time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hello Power people,

There have been a few, not all that many, people who say that it is good strategy for us to lose for draft picks. Most of these people have been given pretty short shrift. Don't think Freo sending over a B team will lower the crowd all that much, after the year we have had we'll want to see a good ol' whacking. And the draft this year isn't meant to have much in it after the first 5, there may be some good picks in the top 20 but often pick 7 and pick 10 will be much of a muchness. Better to finish the year on a high.
We could drop to 12 if we lose, but that would mean you would also have to lose to the cats. If we lose we drop to 11 if you win but Sportsbet has Freo at 9.00 now so even their supporters have jumped ship. If we lose it will rank along with our loss to Carlton, possibly even worse.

I am in Melbourne this weekend but I have ensured that my season ticket is being used accordingly..

get down to the Oval everyone and send 2015 off with a loud bronx cheer, never to be seen again!

Ditto, from Canberra.

Given Freo have rested half of WA for the game, I would love to have seen Port promote and play T-Shirt Tommy for his final AFL game before saying goodbye... and tell him to cut loose on the pricks. Who cares if he gets 5weeks suspension, if Freo's other 11 (the ones that play us this weekend) limp into the finals, then it might put a stop to this crap happening.

Hello Power people,

Nah we can't play that game. Moral high ground and all that. It's probably the Suns being shafted out of a better pick for Charlie.

So, with Freo resting a cricket team, I'm expecting a cricket score win.

Big bad Butch to kick a bag.

Carn Ninth Adelaide!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back