WWE TV Tapings/PPV's/House shows in Australia

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry mate, that's bullshit - what you say about the workers is true, which is why they put on perfectly good shows (like Slammiversary) when the wrestlers are allowed to just go out and work.

But I defy anyone to watch Impact and enjoy it on account of the matches for the simple fact that you usually only get about 20 minutes worth of wrestling on any given Impact, and the rest of it is garbage. Impact isn't a wrestling show - it's a shitty drama set in the backdrop of a wrestling promotion.

How is RAW any different?

I remember in 2005, Adelaide got a preview of WM with a Cena/Triple H main event for the title. I remember the crowd being hot and split 50/50.
There was a moment where for a split-second everyone there truly believed the title was about to change hands in front of our eyes. I think Trips hit the pedigree and at the very, VERY last moment of the pin Ric Flair interfered (either that or Cena kicked out.. LOL). It was an amazing match.
I remembered that match! Really awesome match for a house show!

Sorry mate, that's bullshit - what you say about the workers is true, which is why they put on perfectly good shows (like Slammiversary) when the wrestlers are allowed to just go out and work.

But I defy anyone to watch Impact and enjoy it on account of the matches for the simple fact that you usually only get about 20 minutes worth of wrestling on any given Impact, and the rest of it is garbage. Impact isn't a wrestling show - it's a shitty drama set in the backdrop of a wrestling promotion.

I watched my first episode of Impact in months on the weekend, tell me there aren't that many turns every week?

It's been said before, but it's time for a RAW taping in Australia! Surely WWE see how UFC is concurring the world with their PPV's and events and how they will have UFC 193 at Etihad Stadium, most probably in front of a sold out crowd!

NXT are having a Takeover in London so I'd love the next stop to be one down here.
NXT would be cool, but the question is, do enough Australians have interest in NXT for them to do a show down under??
You see, most of the crowds that attend WWE event in Australia are casuals that probably wouldn't follow NXT, compared to the hardcore fans that there is in the UK!
I attended the Melbourne show last month and when Finn Balor came out, the majority didn't know who he was!

It's been said before, but it's time for a RAW taping in Australia! Surely WWE see how UFC is concurring the world with their PPV's and events and how they will have UFC 193 at Etihad Stadium, most probably in front of a sold out crowd!

* Raw give me NXT please. I will pay whatever I have to for it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zero chance. Filling a 3 hour RAW means having to fly a full roster in not just the 15-20 people they fly in for the tours, and they won't do that as there is so few places to tour unlike Europe where they can split the group up and run 2 towns per day apart from the RAW taping. I very much doubt it'd make much sense financially for them to tape RAW here. The best chance of a RAW taping here was 10 or so years ago when they taped RAW in Japan.

The best we can hope for now is a network special like Beast in the East.

Bare in mind,

- a typical house show tour here, depending on attendances, exchange rates and a range of other factors, always yields WWE between $1.5m and $3m - this information gets released in their information to shareholders. We also know that Australia is in the top 3 markets in the globe in terms of how much they make from an international tour.

- If they were bringing NXT, they don't expect to make $2m - at this stage, I'm sure they'd be stoked if (removing the performance centre costs) NXT were running at 0 balance while they try and build another touring brand.

- The NXT crew isn't as big; we have some perfect-sized smaller stadiums for a show like next. Here in Melbourne you have Margeret Court and Hiscence (whatever that's called now); in Sydney there's actually quite a few 5000ish seat arenas as a legacy from the Olympics. I dunno about Brisbane, but I'm sure there'd be something. So you have less people who (hopefully) are paying less money to get in - but your operating costs are that much lower

- It's on tv here! I think it's a valid question to ask as to whether NXT has enough of a following here - but the fact that we're one of the few countries where NXT is on linear television would make you confident wouldn't you?

I'd hope it'd be a full NXT tour and they wouldn't come all the way here for 3 house shows - the house shows with people who aren't on tv suck. But to do a Takeover or tv taping, you're increasing your running costs again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back